Young Earthers, explain mass extinctions:

Young Earthers, explain mass extinctions:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is possible it could of happened a few thousand years ago. There is no need to imagine it happened millions and billions of years ago.
If it happened in the last few thousand years it would have been recorded in some way. Just like that impact in the middle east that the inhabitants failed to notice. No record of an event = no people to record the event.

It does seem a little careless to be leaving all this cosmic junk lying about in the solar system. Someone might get killed by it. Another flaw in the design perhaps?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
do you believe there is no such thing as global warming or that global warming is a natural occurring event?
There is global warming and cooling. Don't forget about all the ice storms. But we can't contol the weather.

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

(Genesis 1:28 NKJV)

It does not say anything about mankind controlling the weather as far as I can tell.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
30 Apr 13

There is global warming and cooling. Don't forget about all the ice storms. But we can't contol the weather.

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

It does not say anything about mankind controlling the weather as far as I can tell.
Have you heard of the saying, " Green is the new Red"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Kepler
If it happened in the last few thousand years it would have been recorded in some way. Just like that impact in the middle east that the inhabitants failed to notice. No record of an event = no people to record the event.

It does seem a little careless to be leaving all this cosmic junk lying about in the solar system. Someone might get killed by it. Another flaw in the design perhaps?
Haven't you ever heard of cosmic vacuum cleaners?

The other planets in our solar system contribute greatly to earth’s habitability. For example, the massive gas giant Jupiter acts as a cosmic vacuum cleaner, protecting the earth from incoming comets. Likewise, Mars protects the earth from incoming asteroids.

http://www.allaboutscience.org/cosmic-fine-tuning-and-life-faq.htm

Moves
30 Apr 13

and to your knowledge are we in warming or cooling period?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
30 Apr 13

Haven't you ever heard of cosmic vacuum cleaners?

[b]The other planets in our solar system contribute greatly to earth’s habitability. For example, the massive gas giant Jupiter acts as a cosmic vacuum cleaner, protecting the earth from incoming comets. Likewise, Mars protects the earth from incoming asteroids.

http://www.allaboutscience.org/cosmic-fine-tuning-and-life-faq.htm[/b]
Yes, except it's hardly perfect is it? Rocks still fall out of the sky and make big holes in the ground. Of course, if god had been sensible enough to tidy as he went then we wouldn't have this huge health and safety issue in the solar system. Shoddy workmanship, that's what it is.

Alternatively, it could just be debris left over after the formation of sun and planets from a collapsing cloud of dust and gas, the same sort of clouds we can see doing just that today. That would be what the evidence suggests and I prefer that to a downright careless god.

Moves
30 Apr 13

It is possible it could of happened a few thousand years ago. There is no need to imagine it happened millions and billions of years ago.
why do you think god aimed a meteor at earth that had the same effect as dropping a billion hiroshima 'little boys' in one go?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
Have you heard of the saying, " Green is the new Red"?
Yes, I think i have heard it, but I don't know what it means. Would that make red some other color, like blue or yellow?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
30 Apr 13

why do you think god aimed a meteor at earth that had the same effect as dropping a billion hiroshima 'little boys' in one go?
More to the point, why did he aim so many meteors at earth? As of May 2010 there were 175 confirmed impact craters. That's an enormous amount of destruction to go unnoticed by mankind.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 13

It could all be man's imagination. Who knows? and do you really care? I don't worry, I'm happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=t9EE0_gd8OA

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
30 Apr 13

It could all be man's imagination. Who knows? and do you really care? I don't worry, I'm happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=t9EE0_gd8OA
So 175 bloody great holes in the ground with evidence of impact such as shocked quartz and so on is now all man's imagination? Codswallop sir! You are just covering up for an untidy and careless god who should be sent to the naughty corner until he learns to tidy up his toys after playing with them.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

You are such an idiot. We creatonists do not claim God was trying to trick you unbelievers. We claim your unbelief has tricked yourself into believing lies instead of the truth.

abracadabra. praise the dog.
You believe that god created the earth in such a way that rigorous scientific inquiry provides copious evidence of great age and virtually none according with your 'young earth' hypothesis. You believe that all this evidence should be rejected based on some torturous 'logic' and a risible version of world history culled from the uninformed world view of a near-prehistoric people. Given these moronic beliefs, frankly, I would feel uncomfortable if you didn't think I was an idiot.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
30 Apr 13

Yes, I think i have heard it, but I don't know what it means. Would that make red some other color, like blue or yellow?
Red stands for communism

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Apr 13

'sweetheart' you made me do a little sick in my mouth.
I lol'ed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Apr 13

This is nothing but liberal left wing Democrat propaganda to promote the global warming agenda. They don't even mention the worldwide flood and beside the times they are dreaming up go for back before there was an earth and biological life to go extinct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkMibYLDhDU
Careful there, sunshine.

Jesus was a liberal.