1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    28 May '09 04:54
    Those of you out there who think they are not in purgatory please speak up and shed some light on the rest of us otherwise please keep your comments focused and centered on what you Know as opposed to what you have read
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    28 May '09 07:33
    i wonder if i'm going to get any comments here. trust me i am trying to be positive-but realistic
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Joined
    24 Feb '09
    Moves
    175970
    28 May '09 08:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    i wonder if i'm going to get any comments here. trust me i am trying to be positive-but realistic
    when you say purgatory do mean a place where you pay for your sins? Like suffering? Ive only heard used in that context
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    28 May '09 08:54
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    when you say purgatory do mean a place where you pay for your sins? Like suffering? Ive only heard used in that context
    yeah, the point i'm trying to make is that i don't believe in hell-in eternal damnation. If we are all born ignorant then how can an all-benevolant God make us suffer eternally.
    So yeah,paying for your sins ,karma, whatever...When we realize that we are asleep,we already have one eye open
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Joined
    24 Feb '09
    Moves
    175970
    28 May '09 09:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    yeah, the point i'm trying to make is that i don't believe in hell-in eternal damnation. If we are all born ignorant then how can an all-benevolant God make us suffer eternally.
    So yeah,paying for your sins ,karma, whatever...When we realize that we are asleep,we already have one eye open
    thats good i like that and i agree.I go round and round about this w/family members ,etc. The original sin thing I dont buy into or the eternal damnation. God is love. How can anything other than love come from something that IS love? Makes no sense to me. The Truth is eternal. Gods love is that truth. Sin is ignorance of the truth. All will come to know the truth some sooner some later
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    28 May '09 15:18
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    thats good i like that and i agree.I go round and round about this w/family members ,etc. The original sin thing I dont buy into or the eternal damnation. God is love. How can anything other than love come from something that IS love? Makes no sense to me. The Truth is eternal. Gods love is that truth. Sin is ignorance of the truth. All will come to know the truth some sooner some later
    One can be a recipient of Gods love only by doing His will. All of mankind has received some expression of Gods love through the death of Christ. But the death of Christ does not automatically mean that all people will receive the full benefit of Gods love. Good works need to be done. You cannot sit on your butt and live a selfish worldy life and expect to receive the reward of salvation. The bible is abundantly clear on that point.

    The bible is not abundantly clear on several things - exactly what happens after death, what happens to those who are evil or those who are good. But this story by Christ which demonstrate the consequenses of greed and selfishness, should make you/us check to see if we are on the right path. Its a story that should not be ignored.

    Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
    20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
    21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
    23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
    25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
    26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
    27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
    28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
    29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
    30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
    31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
  7. Pepperland
    Joined
    30 May '07
    Moves
    12892
    28 May '09 15:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Those of you out there who think they are not in purgatory please speak up and shed some light on the rest of us otherwise please keep your comments focused and centered on what you Know as opposed to what you have read
    If Im living in purgatory right now, then it isn't as bad as people say it is, in fact Im loving every minute of it.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Joined
    24 Feb '09
    Moves
    175970
    28 May '09 21:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    One can be a recipient of Gods love only by doing His will. All of mankind has received some expression of Gods love through the death of Christ. But the death of Christ does not automatically mean that all people will receive the full benefit of Gods love. Good works need to be done. You cannot sit on your butt and live a selfish worldy life and expect to r ...[text shortened]... ar not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
    thats your opinion and your entitled to it and I respect that. I do not base all my beliefs on what the Bible says though,thats me. Way I look at it My life,all life is an expression of Gods love which is eternal,never changing. I cant see him taking that back because one does not adhere to the dogma of a certain man made religion.All religion is man made. In my own life I look at my children who I love unconditionally. I dont give them my love only if they do my will. That is not love. God is love. How can anything other than love come out of that? You cant get apples from an orange tree,now can you?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    28 May '09 21:56
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    If Im living in purgatory right now, then it isn't as bad as people say it is, in fact Im loving every minute of it.
    Yeah its not that bad as people say,but compared to the fifth dimension,its hellish
  10. Pepperland
    Joined
    30 May '07
    Moves
    12892
    29 May '09 16:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah its not that bad as people say,but compared to the fifth dimension,its hellish
    have you been there?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    31 May '09 11:28
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    have you been there?
    i've heard of the fifth dimension as an equivalent to 'heaven' (as it appears in our belief systems.)
    i think i have been there ,maybe even higher , however it was due to assistance by other inter-dimensional beings . i don't know if i could get there again by myself
  12. Pepperland
    Joined
    30 May '07
    Moves
    12892
    31 May '09 16:55
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    i've heard of the fifth dimension as an equivalent to 'heaven' (as it appears in our belief systems.)
    i think i have been there ,maybe even higher , however it was due to assistance by other inter-dimensional beings . i don't know if i could get there again by myself
    I think you had too much of that LSD...
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    31 May '09 20:51
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I think you had too much of that LSD...
    hee hee,maybe i have had too much lsd,maybe not enough
    however i will admit a lot of this stuff is going to stretch our belief systems­čśÁ
  14. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    86698
    31 May '09 20:56
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    when you say purgatory do mean a place where you pay for your sins? Like suffering? Ive only heard used in that context
    No. Purgatory is like standing on tiptoe with a noose around your neck.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    31 May '09 22:19
    Originally posted by znsho
    No. Purgatory is like standing on tiptoe with a noose around your neck.
    still someone just keeps giving more rope
Back to Top