1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 18:481 edit
    "SUMMARY OF KING JAMES BIBLE STATISTICS":

Total Books - 66 Total Chapters 1,189 Total Verses 31,102

"Total words in the 31,102 verses - 788,258 (not including the Hebrew Alphabet in Psalm 119 or the superscriptions listed in some of the Psalms)" http://www.biblebelievers.com/believers-org/kjv-stats.html

1) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:16-18 (KJV)

2) “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6a

3) “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” Romans 3:10-12 (KJV)

4) "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." Romans 5:12 (KJV)

5) "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags [OT Hebrew equivalent, 'menstrual rags']; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. Isaiah 64:6a (KJV)

6) "Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." John 8:34 (KJV)

7) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23 (KJV)

8) "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV)

9) "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth." Philippians 2:8-10 (KJV)

Note: 10) to 27) passages to follow.

Comment: These nine passages are favorites of mine. Together with eighteen other related biblical references, they summarize the predicament of mankind along with God's gracious provision for personal relationship with Him in time and eternity. We all must make a choice about our eternal destiny. God respects our free will. The choice is yours. Bob
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 19:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"SUMMARY OF KING JAMES BIBLE STATISTICS":

Total Books - 66 Total Chapters 1,189 Total Verses 31,102

"Total words in the 31,102 verses - 788,258 (not including the Hebrew Alphabet in Psalm 119 or the superscriptions listed in some of the Psalms)" http://www.biblebelievers.com/believers-org/kjv-stats.html

1) “For God so loved the world, ...[text shortened]... bout our eternal destiny. God respects our free will. The choice is yours. Bob[/b]
    I was in a bar and the owner quoted his favourite bible verse to me.

Matthew 5 verse 26.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 12:18
    Luke 12:32

32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
    NKJV
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 12:20
    Phil 1:6
    being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
    NIV
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 12:25
    Revelation 22:22

"All Characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, alive or dead, is purely coincidental."
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 14:491 edit
    Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name [jesus] will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end...

Matt 1:23 (quoting from Isaiah 7:14 and fulfilling his prophesy)
    "Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Tim 3:16
    "God was manifested in the flesh"

Isaiah 44:6 (The Lord speaking),
    "...I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

And yet...

Revelation 1:17 (Jesus Christ speaking),
    "...Fear not; I am the first and the last."

John 1:14
    The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

John 1:3
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Matt 4:10
    (Jesus speaking)"Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

However (and in other places)...

Matt 28:17
    When they (the disciples) saw him (Jesus), they worshiped him;

Jesus Christ of the New Testament is Jehovah of the Old Testament in the flesh.

Point of note regarding Jehovah witness organisation:

Interestingly the NWT has not always rendered proskuneo (worship) in Hebrews 1:6 as “do obeisance.” When Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Watchtower Bible and Tract Society first printed the NWT in 1950, the verse actually rendered proskuneo as “worship” instead of “do obeisance.”
    Even the revised 1961 edition of the NWT translated proskuneo as “worship.” But, by 1971, Jehovah’s Witnesses had changed Hebrews 1:6 to read: “Let all God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

Referenced from: Apologetics Press
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 15:323 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name [jesus] will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end...

Matt 1:23 (quoting from Isaiah 7:14 and fulfilling his pro read: “Let all God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

Referenced from: Apologetics Press
    "Who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God."

pity for you that the above verse is in the inspired word of God, care to explain it for us? so who is lying, you or the apostle?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 15:433 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    "Who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God."

pity for you that the above verse is in the inspired word of God, care to explain it for us? so who is lying, you or the apostle?
    After your hilarious hemming, hawing, evasion, deflection and blunt refusal to address questions put to you recently, I am incredulous that you think I'm even going to bother reading your posts let alone justifying myself to you.

My post gives detailed new and old testament evidences of the deity and identity of Jesus Christ. I am well aware that he made himself a little lower than the angels etc. however anytime you want to refute the specific scriptures given please feel free to do so.

Further - anytime you would like to comment of the changes made by your organisation to their own translation to make it fit their doctrines as in my footnote please feel free to do so.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 16:04
    After your hilarious hemming, hawing, evasion, deflection and blunt refusal to address questions put to you recently, I am incredulous that you think I'm even going to bother reading your posts let alone justifying myself to you.

My post gives detailed new and old testament evidences of the deity and identity of Jesus Christ. I am well aware that he m ...[text shortened]... eir own translation to make it fit their doctrines as in my footnote please feel free to do so.
    i will gladly comment on our translation but I will do so to people who know what they are talking about, that i am afraid excludes you, for i do not believe you have anyway of being able to distinguish between inaccurate translation and an inaccurate one, making your expression simply an extension of your prejudice.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 16:32
    i will gladly comment on our translation but I will do so to people who know what they are talking about, that i am afraid excludes you, for i do not believe you have anyway of being able to distinguish between inaccurate translation and an inaccurate one, making your expression simply an extension of your prejudice.
    Your organisation changed their translation to fit their own doctrines, as I detailed in my footnote above. It is quite comical to see you continuing to avoid addressing both the scriptural content of my post and the duplicity of your own organisational leadership.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 16:452 edits
    Your organisation changed their translation to fit their own doctrines, as I detailed in my footnote above. It is quite comical to see you continuing to avoid addressing both the scriptural content of my post and the duplicity of your own organisational leadership.
    interesting can you tell us why, when it is used in other places that it really means 'to do obeisance',a simply eastern salutation, but that when it comes to Jesus it suddenly takes on an act of worship? the fact that we have changed it is of course reflective of the greater accuracy of both our understanding and translation, but you wouldn't know that because you have no way of discerning what is accurate translation and what is not, simply being content to be a sock puppet for the prejudices of other like minded idolaters.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 16:57
    interesting can you tell us why, when it is used in other places that it really means 'to do obeisance',a simply eastern salutation, but that when it comes to Jesus it suddenly takes on an act of worship? the fact that we have changed it is of course reflective of the greater accuracy of both our understanding and translation, but you wouldn't know ...[text shortened]... , simply being content to be a sock puppet for the prejudices of other like minded idolaters.
    You don't think that word was changed to support the jw position that Jesus did not receive worship?
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 17:12
    the fact that we have changed it is of course reflective of the greater accuracy of both our understanding and translation,
    SO you admit your organization changed the translation?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 17:13
    You don't think that word was changed to support the jw position that Jesus did not receive worship?
    the term is used 58 times in the Christian Greek scriptures, you will tell us why when it comes to Christ it takes on the meaning of an act of worship and in other places simply refers to an eastern salutation, thanks.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 17:232 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    SO you admit your organization changed the translation?
    No the word has remained the same, we have merely translated it more accurately as our understanding progressed, that our translation has undergone revision is a reflection of our greatness. After all , the term 'do obeisance', has a different meaning now than it had in the middle ages, we dont tend to greet dignitaries with the term, 'your worship', any more, or at least i dont.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree