1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:144 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you have to be so abusive? All I'm doing is asking you a question about your organisations translation of their bible, why is it such an aggravation to you and why can't you just answer the question?
    why are you so annoying, all you do is make insinuations, you never answer any questions that are put to you but expect others to do so, you never offer the slightest evidence and ignore every attempt to provide some,you call other people trolls and dont like it when its returned in kind demonstrating blatant hypocrisy, you are simply annoying. The question has been answered, what more do you want? why dont you pester someone else with your incessant questionings and failing to answer even a single one that its put to you?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so what, we have rid ourselves of the last vestiges of idolatry. Both Russell and Rutherford are only men, we dont worship what they say or did and many of their ideas have been discarded when new understanding has arisen, pity you could not do the same but statued cling to doctrines from the forth century. So it was in the 1950's so what.

(Matth ...[text shortened]...  Then the Devil left him, and, look! angels came and began to minister . . .
    The original text was in Greek and "Jehovah" is not there. It says "the Lord, your God" as I think I already told you or perhaps it was G75.

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:18
    why are you so annoying, all you do is make insinuations, you never answer any questions that are put to you but expect others to do so, you never offer the slightest evidence and ignore every attempt to provide some,you call other people trolls and dont like it when its returned in kind demonstrating blatant hypocrisy, you are simply annoying. The question has been answered, what more do you want? why dont you annoy someone else?
    Where have you answered this question, seriously, where?

I'm asking you if you think the JW organisation changed the 1971 translation of the word for "worship" in their bible in order to align that version with their doctrine?

I'm sorry if you find this annoying robbie, but it is an open debate forum where you make significant claims about your organisation and I am questioning them.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:252 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The original text was in Greek and "Jehovah" is not there. It says "the Lord, your God" as I think I already told you or perhaps it was G75.

The Instructor
    Jesus is quoting directly from the Hebrew portion of the Bible, where the divine name is written, specifically,

(Deuteronomy 10:20) “Jehovah your God you should fear. Him you should serve, and to him you should cling, and by his name you should make sworn statements.

and

(Joshua 24:14) “And now fear Jehovah and serve him in faultlessness and in truth, and remove the gods that YOUR forefathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt, and serve Jehovah

are you saying that this is not the case and that the divine name is not contained in these passages, no, well what are you saying, that is correct, nothing.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Where have you answered this question, seriously, where?

I'm asking you if you think the JW organisation changed the 1971 translation of the word for "worship" in their bible in order to align that version with their doctrine?

I'm sorry if you find this annoying robbie, but it is an open debate forum where you make significant claims about your organisation and I am questioning them.
    'so the answer is NO, do you understand, i do not believe it to be the case. Is that clear enough', quoted directly from the last page,

this is the last time i will say it, you have nothing constructive to say to me, you are simply annoying and until you do have something constructive, or something that i can learn, or anything worthy of consideration you will simply be ignored, its your choice.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"SUMMARY OF KING JAMES BIBLE STATISTICS":

Total Books - 66 Total Chapters 1,189 Total Verses 31,102

"Total words in the 31,102 verses - 788,258 (not including the Hebrew Alphabet in Psalm 119 or the superscriptions listed in some of the Psalms)" http://www.biblebelievers.com/believers-org/kjv-stats.html

1) “For God so loved the world, ...[text shortened]... bout our eternal destiny. God respects our free will. The choice is yours. Bob[/b]
    Powerful passages, so far.

Here's another: Job 40 and 41 in general, but this encapsulates it:

"Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
    Everything under heaven belongs to me."
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:41
    'so the answer is NO, do you understand, i do not believe it to be the case. Is that clear enough', quoted directly from the last page,

this is the last time i will say it, you have nothing constructive to say to me, you are simply annoying and until you do have something constructive, or something that i can learn, or anything worthy of consideration you will simply be ignored, its your choice.
    I am not trying to deliberately annoy you, and I will go so far as to apologise for making you think that I am.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:51
    "Mercy triumphs over judgement"

Several references in scripture.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 21:52
    1 Timothy 3:16
    Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory. (NIV)
    1. Although the above verse in the NIV does not support the Trinity, there are some Greek manuscripts that read, “God appeared in the flesh.” This reading of some Greek manuscripts has passed into some English versions, and the King James Version is one of them. Trinitarian scholars admit, however, that these Greek texts were altered by scribes in favor of the Trinitarian position. The reading of the earliest and best manuscripts is not “God” but rather “he who.” Almost all the modern versions have the verse as “the mystery of godliness is great, which was manifest in the flesh,” or some close equivalent.
    2. In regard to the above verse, Bruce Metzger writes:
    [“He who”] is supported by the earliest and best uncials…no uncial (in the first hand) earlier than the eighth or ninth century supports theos; all ancient versions presuppose hos or ho [“he who” or “he”]; and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century testifies to the reading theos. The reading theos arose either(a) accidentally, or (b) deliberately, either to supply a substantive for the following six verbs [the six verbs that follow in the verse], or, with less probability, to provide greater dogmatic precision [i.e., to produce a verse that more clearly supports the Trinitarian position].” [1]
    3. When properly translated, 1 Timothy 3:16 actually argues against the Trinity. “By common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory” (NASB). This section of Scripture beautifully portrays an overview of Christ’s life and accomplishments. It all fits with what we know of the man, Jesus Christ. If Jesus were God, this section of Scripture would have been the perfect place to say so. We should expect to see some phrases like, “God incarnate,” “God and Man united,” “very God and very man,” etc. But nothing like that occurs. Instead, the section testifies to what non-Trinitarians believe—that Christ was a man, begotten by the Father, and that he was taken up into glory.
    Buzzard, pp. 144 and 152
    Dana, p. 137
    Farley, pp. 69 and 70
    Morgridge, pp. 82 and 115
    Snedeker, p. 451
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 22:20
    Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 22:34
    "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes."
    "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you become like him."
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 23:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes."
    "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you become like him."
    Love those, it shows no matter what you do with fool it will not matter.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    1 Timothy 3:16
    Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory. (NIV)
    1. Although the above verse in the NIV does not support the Trinity, there are some Greek manuscripts that read, “God a ...[text shortened]... p. 144 and 152
    Dana, p. 137
    Farley, pp. 69 and 70
    Morgridge, pp. 82 and 115
    Snedeker, p. 451
    One can not be begotten by God the Father without being God. God makes man. God does not beget man. Man begets man;God begets God. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. It was through man that God was manifest in the flesh.

The Instructor
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 23:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    One can not be begotten by God the Father without being God. God makes man. God does not beget man. Man begets man;God begets God. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. It was through man that God was manifest in the flesh.

The Instructor
    Says who? you? God created a seed in Mary.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 23:30
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Says who? you? God created a seed in Mary.
    Dogs beget dogs, cats beget cats, horses beget horses, cattle beget cattle, whales beget whales, God says so.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree