1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:216 edits
    (Matthew 28:18-20) And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

please note the admonition to go, a Christian command to teach others, incumbent upon Christian disciples by Christ, ask yourself the question, when was the first or last time a Christian came to your home, after the manner of the apostles, to teach you about Gods Kingdom?

Notice the importance Christ gives to teaching others,

(John 17:3)This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Yes indeed the disseminating of Biblical knowledge means everlasting life to those who partake, when was the last time someone came to your home to disseminate this knowledge to you?

The Apostles of Christ realised the importance of this also,

(Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Indeed ask yourself the question, when was the last time a professed Christian came to teach you, after the manner of the apostles, in obedience to the command of Christ knowing that it means everlasting life to those who are willing to take such knowledge in, for it seems that their exist Christians who are willing only to constantly criticise others for their faith, yet they seem unwilling to lift a finger to teach others, despite the importance that Christ placed upon the work.

Excuses so far proffered, its none of your business, not all are teachers? Was Christ's command to teach not incumbent upon all Christians,was the apostolic example not to go to people, wherever they may be found, in homes, in the temples, in the market place for a public witness? Indeed, lets us here ask why they have not done so, yet seem able to point out the faults of others who are willingly doing this work in obedience to Christ command.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:291 edit
    The consequences of failing to heed Christs command,

(Matthew 25:24-30) “Finally the one that had received the one talent came forward and said, ‘Master, I knew you to be an exacting man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you did not winnow. So I grew afraid and went off and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’ In reply his master said to him, ‘Wicked and sluggish slave, you knew, did you, that I reaped where I did not sow and gathered where I did not winnow? Well, then, you ought to have deposited my silver monies with the bankers, and on my arrival I would be receiving what is mine with interest. “‘Therefore TAKE away the talent from him and give it to him that has the ten talents. For to everyone that has, more will be given and he will have abundance; but as for him that does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. ;And throw the good-for-nothing slave out into the darkness outside. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.’
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you ought to have deposited my silver monies with the bankers
    🙄
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:46
    ‘For to everyone that has, more will be given and he will have abundance; but as for him that does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.’
    This bit is redundant after he said give your money to the bankers.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 08:492 edits
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    🙄
    I fail to see your objection, except on he grounds that the present financial situation was primarily the result of greedy corporate bankers (American initially) high on cocaine and taking excessive risks with other peoples money, not to mention a few prostitutes as well. At very least, even after depositing the talent with the bank, some little interest could have been gained, but to hide it in the ground, what could be gained?
  6. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 10:35
    I fail to see your objection, except on he grounds that the present financial situation was primarily the result of greedy corporate bankers (American initially) high on cocaine and taking excessive risks with other peoples money, not to mention a few prostitutes as well. At very least, even after depositing the talent with the bank, some little interest could have been gained, but to hide it in the ground, what could be gained?
    the Chinese will teach us and the bankers a painful lesson that a pile of steel is worth more than a pile of cash - if we're not careful.

You shouldn't be to prejudice against bankers, its a hard job and most are quite ... well boring to be honest. but yes greed is ugly the whole uk credit scoring system works on greed and I don't like it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 11:06
    Originally posted by e4chris
    the Chinese will teach us and the bankers a painful lesson that a pile of steel is worth more than a pile of cash - if we're not careful.

You shouldn't be to prejudice against bankers, its a hard job and most are quite ... well boring to be honest. but yes greed is ugly the whole uk credit scoring system works on greed and I don't like it.
    my contention is, that these things are spiritual, avarice, corruption, exploitation and the solution should therefore be spiritual. Depositing your assets with the knights templers wasn't such a bad idea, as long as they lived up to the tenets of their vows.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 13:22
    Yep, that's pretty much it. In the parable, the third servant is now the wise one who balks at the "too big to fail" banks begging for a taxpayer bailout.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree