1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 16:39
    Written around 500 BCE this holy, holy divine writing promises destruction to the enemies of Israel and to all who do not go to Jerusalem to celebrate Tabernacle. We all know that never happened and your god did nothing.
    Your belief system says prophets do not lie.
    Your belief system is manmade obviously.
    Unless your god is a liar.
    😲
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 19:16
    @caissad4 said
    Written around 500 BCE this holy, holy divine writing promises destruction to the enemies of Israel and to all who do not go to Jerusalem to celebrate Tabernacle. We all know that never happened and your god did nothing.
    😲
    Try not to let it bother you 😉
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 00:56
    @caissad4 said
    😲
    I don't understand why you wouldn't think it's a chapter about the end times?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zechariah%2014&version=NIV
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 01:17
    @philokalia said

Nice system! Prophecy cannot possibly be false.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 02:05
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Nice system! Prophecy cannot possibly be false.
    Within the prophetic tradition, there is the belief that there will be a prophet that will gather all nations, right.

These are words talking about the whole of the world basically coming to an end and all the nations being gathered to Jerusalem... The words of this prophecy are repeated in Revelations.

This isn't some shorter term prophecy about how Israel will be taken into captivity or such.

I don't really get how you would look at it and think that it was supposed to be something that would happen in the next passing years? Care to explain why that is the case?
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 06:05
    @philokalia said
    Within the prophetic tradition, there is the belief that there will be a prophet that will gather all nations, right.

These are words talking about the whole of the world basically coming to an end and all the nations being gathered to Jerusalem... The words of this prophecy are repeated in Revelations.

This isn't some shorter term prophecy about how Israel ...[text shortened]... d to be something that would happen in the next passing years? Care to explain why that is the case?
    I don't have an opinion on the time frame of the prophecy. I'm just saying it seems too easy to say that the old prophecies that have not been fulfilled are also the ones that refer to the distant future.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 06:28
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I don't have an opinion on the time frame of the prophecy. I'm just saying it seems too easy to say that the old prophecies that have not been fulfilled are also the ones that refer to the distant future.
    Agreed.
    I can sit a roulette table and prophesy that it will be red.
    After 10 blacks I just say "It hasn't happened yet"!

There is no prophecy that has come true.
    If it had it would turn science and philosophy on their heads.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 06:30
    @divegeester said
    Try not to let it bother you 😉
    Unfortunately the mad beliefs of a few can sometimes impact directly on the many.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 07:45
    Got one, get the net....
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 14:32
    @bigdoggproblem said
    It is how they keep this rubbish religion going.
    Fairy tales and outright lies with fools to believe them.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 17:20
    @caissad4 said
    It is how they keep this rubbish religion going.
    Fairy tales and outright lies with fools to believe them.
    The human mind has a great ability to rationalize. It can be hard for us to know when, and when not, to trust our own thoughts.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 18:01
    @philokalia said

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Caissy is an expert on Biblical prophecy.

His posts prove that.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '19 03:182 edits
    @whodey

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Caissy is an expert on Biblical prophecy.

His posts prove that.

I was impressed that she remembered that it was Charlton Heston who played Moses in the Hollywood movie "The Ten Commandments".

Who would dare to argue with such well sourced bible research?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree