1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    22 May '12 15:17
    'If you haven't wept deeply, you haven't begun to meditate.'
    - Ajhan Chah

'What is this world condition?
    Body is the world condition.
    And with body and form goes feeling, perception, consciousness, and all the activities throughout the world.
    The arising of form and the ceasing of form--everything that has been heard, sensed, and known, sought after and reached by the mind--all this is the embodied world, to be penetrated and realized.'

Buddha - Samyutta Nikaya

To forcefully stop yourself weeping is not helpful. To cling to weeping is not helpful.
    After a good cry things can look clearer, something changes.
    It is said, when you sit, just sit. And when you weep, just weep.
    A healing, an acceptance, a light can come from a time of weeping.
    We usually weep alone, but when we weep with another, we are brought closer and compassion and understanding can grow some more.

The world in its suffering, its hatred, ignorance and greed can cause the gentle heart to weep. We know there is a time to weep and a time to laugh. Who would not prefer to laugh and that a lot? But all has its other side and compassion and healing grows as we allow ourselves to sometimes meditate through tears.
    To cry is not a sign of spiritual weakness, it is but the human condition.
    Tears have often accompanied awakenings.

ó

'Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
    It isn't more complicated that that.
    It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is, without either clinging to it or rejecting it.'

Sylvia Boorstein
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 May '12 01:14
    Sometimes people weep when they realize they been acting like dicks.
    Those than can comprehend the nature of the emotions that are involved and the lessons being learnt ,so that you wont make those past mistakes will notice that a huge amount of negative energy can felt to be leaving the mindbody making you suddenly happier and lighter and more at peace with the world.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '12 06:43
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Those than can comprehend the nature of the emotions that are involved and the lessons being learnt ,so that you wont make those past mistakes will notice that a huge amount of negative energy can felt to be leaving the mindbody making you suddenly happier and lighter and more at peace with the world.
    😵
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    24 May '12 13:091 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, it can be like a good storm, clears the air and things settle down again. I don't cry very much and I think there is a danger of 'wallowing' but then even a good hour of wallowing is ok,I reckon, lets not be too hard on ourselves . But I think its best not to 'wallow' long if you go there.
    When it comes upon me,I feel a need growing to explore it, get in touch with it. I deliberately then, choose a moment of quiet aloneness, put on some evocative music and go with it. Sometimes one can't quite get in touch with the feelings of sadness, but then it becomes clearer.
    The spiritual bit is that often in this process, a deeper sense of wider perspective arises, much wider. An expansion, a looking into ones deep awareness and receiving a response, a response that just comes from who knows where, the Sunyata perhaps.
    Usually at that point the weeping has stopped and a slight smile comes, and a big sigh, and then a good sleep and a new day, feeling much better.

Cheers Charlie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree