1. Standard memberRobolash
    The NY Giants Fan
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 03:27
    Here is a serious thread. Which one is worse, the Dolphins 1-15 record, or the patriots 18-1 record. Before anyone goes blathering about this, think of both sides

Dolphins
    Pros
    First Pick in draft
    New Coaches and training staff
    points out all weaknesses of team

Cons
    Your 1-15, enough said

18-1 Pats

Pros
    First team to complete undefeated regular season in the 16 game era
    Records
    #7 pick (still amazed)

Cons
    You lost the super bowl as your sole loss
    Confidence Killer
    Spygate hasnt helped.

So, with this help and any other reasons, which team had a more disheartning season?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 03:35
    Every team except the Giants had a more disheartening season than the Patriots. That is unless the latest round with spygate blows up into something more substantial. Then it will really suck.
  3. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 11:02
    Duh.

Did you know the ocean is salty? duh.
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 00:02
    Dumbest question I've seen. It's like asking: Would you rather come in last in a race or in second? Of course 18-1's better!! All they have to overcome is the disheartening loss by doing well in the off season
  5. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 03:19
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Dumbest question I've seen. It's like asking: Would you rather come in last in a race or in second? Of course 18-1's better!! All they have to overcome is the disheartening loss by doing well in the off season
    18-1 is much worse. Knowing you were so close, that one dropped interception, that dropped pass, that bad play, that almost sack.... Those things will haunt those guys for a long time. the 1-15 dolphins, ya they only won 1 game, but they still got to play as many games as half the nfl... But the Patriots.... To be so close.... but yet so far away....
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 04:00
    If you think 1-15 is better than 18-1 you miss the whole entire point of sports. It sure isn't to get a good draft pick.
    Some people are so obsessed with championships that they think only one team each year accomplished anything. The Patriots were a dominant team; they had a perfect regular season they played in the superbowl. The Dolphins stink. I much rather root for a good team than a bad one.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 04:05
    the 18-1 is better (duh)
    the main reason is they have far better chances of redeeming themselves next season..
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 14:07
    Originally posted by hammster21
    18-1 is much worse. Knowing you were so close, that one dropped interception, that dropped pass, that bad play, that almost sack.... Those things will haunt those guys for a long time. the 1-15 dolphins, ya they only won 1 game, but they still got to play as many games as half the nfl... But the Patriots.... To be so close.... but yet so far away....
    Ask the Dolphins if they would have rather been 18-1 or 1-15 and there is your answer. Yeah this was a stupid question.
  9. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 04:22
    Hmm, it's good to be 1-15 because you get a #1 draft pick?

The whole point of which is to be first to get better talent.

The point of which is to strive to be an 18-1 (or better) team?

Um, I'll take the 18-1 (or better) please. Just make sure it's the Colts next time and the one loss is during the regular season.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree