442

Standard memberstellspalfie
Sports 14 Mar '08 20:50
  1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    94288
    14 Mar '08 20:50
    442 classic formation, probably the most popular in the world. but, is it the best. if you had the perfect player for each position what would be the best formation.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    14 Mar '08 22:04
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    442 classic formation, probably the most popular in the world. but, is it the best. if you had the perfect player for each position what would be the best formation.
    If you had the perfect player for each position, the formation would be immaterial, as whichever you played would be perfect.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    94288
    14 Mar '08 22:17
    so if you played 10 at the back with the best 10 defenders would the win the game?
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    14 Mar '08 22:23
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so if you played 10 at the back with the best 10 defenders would the win the game?
    You certainly wouldn't lose!

    I take it it'd be like a cup final, so would go to penalties, where of course all the perfect defenders to step up would score, and the goalie would save the first 3 of the opposition.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    15 Mar '08 02:48
    Personally I don't think you can beat the old W-M formation, with half-backs and inside-forwards... very fluid and flexible...

    The first side that plays with two out and out wingers again will scare the opposition to death!
  6. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    15 Mar '08 06:00
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    442 classic formation, probably the most popular in the world. but, is it the best. if you had the perfect player for each position what would be the best formation.
    i would still play 4-4-2.

    there are a lot of varisions to the 4-4-2 in that if you have the right type of personnal you can 'change' as the situration demands.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    15 Mar '08 13:48
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    442 classic formation, probably the most popular in the world. but, is it the best. if you had the perfect player for each position what would be the best formation.
    4-5-1 without the ball, converting to 4-3-3 when in possession, like United do in Europe. Unfortunately, we don't have the perfect player for every position, ie: No target man to play up top on his own.

    D
  8. SubscriberHelder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    60014
    15 Mar '08 14:15
    Nostalgia of Rinus Mitchell, the last sorcerer.

    No positions, all attacking, all defending.

    :'(
  9. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    15 Mar '08 15:49
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    Nostalgia of Rinus Mitchell, the last sorcerer.

    No positions, all attacking, all defending.

    :'(
    but would that work in the modern game?
  10. SubscriberHelder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    60014
    15 Mar '08 16:52
    Originally posted by spurs73
    but would that work in the modern game?
    3-5-2 is too near from Mitchell´s scheme.
  11. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    15 Mar '08 18:38
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    3-5-2 is too near from Mitchell´s scheme.
    OOOOOOOOOO YES!! I LIKE THAT!
    looking at the present players what would be your starting 11 in this formation?
  12. SubscriberHelder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    60014
    16 Mar '08 14:51
    Originally posted by spurs73
    OOOOOOOOOO YES!! I LIKE THAT!
    looking at the present players what would be your starting 11 in this formation?
    I really didn´t watch football last month.

    Only seeing the results of CL, perhaps we can choose the best of the 4 english teams. BTW, it´s stange for me to see no-english players in England: Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani etc.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    16 Mar '08 15:11
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    BTW, it´s stange for me to see no-english players in England: Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani etc.
    ...Rooney, Ferdinand, Neville, Brown, Scholes, Foster, etc, etc. 🙄🙄🙄

    D
  14. SubscriberHelder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    60014
    16 Mar '08 15:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    ...Rooney, Ferdinand, Neville, Brown, Scholes, Foster, etc, etc. 🙄🙄🙄

    D
    Please, explain for me why these guys are out of the next Eurocup, particurlarly the silence of User 352614 about Thread 81355.
  15. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    16 Mar '08 18:392 edits
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    I really didn´t watch football last month.

    Only seeing the results of CL, perhaps we can choose the best of the 4 english teams. BTW, it´s stange for me to see no-english players in England: Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani etc.
    ok from the 4 english teams in the champions league my team playing 3-5-2 would be

    Cech

    Carragher Vidic terry

    Ronaldo, Gerrard, Fabregas Lampard, Joe cole

    Rooney Torris
Back to Top