6 Nations Rugby

6 Nations Rugby

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by eamon o
Ireland showed Scotland how to play rugby this afternoon. they gave them every chance, and even waited till the 2nd half before they started playing seriously 😵
my thoughts exactly, it was really nice of them not to turn up in the first half.

J

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by trev33
ireland are going to struggle badly, i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win a game....the days of ireland being touted as potential winners are long gone.

my final table prediction

1. france - 8 points
2. wales - 8
3. scotland - 6
4. england - 4
5. italy - 4
6. ireland - 0
Hahahaha...absolutely priceless 😀

Forget the fact that were looking v good for the Gram Slam, what made you think we wouldn't beat Italy?

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by Jamesqt
Hahahaha...absolutely priceless 😀

Forget the fact that were looking v good for the Gram Slam, what made you think we wouldn't beat Italy?
i obviously didn't really think that. it was still just very pissed from passed season when i thought we can a chance of a grand slam and they blew it. that and the performance of them at the world cup and what was the worth 6 nations in recent years last year, even though i knew the kidney affect would come into play and was quietly confident, if not of beating france of definitely challenging for the title i didn't want to say anything.

i say say france are better than us though, despite the fact that they're 29-0 down at half time against england 😵 we didn't deserve to beat france, the ref handed it too us.

trust me no one is as happy as me at the moment going into a grand slam game next week but i'm realistic we always flap and tbh i can see it happening again. saying that they have the title in the bag.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
15 Mar 09

i say say france are better than us though, despite the fact that they're 29-0 down at half time against england 😵 we didn't deserve to beat france, the ref handed it too us.
france were rubbish today, they made england look and feel good for a change. ireland have GOT to win against wales next weekend or we'll never forgive them. their only problem is their attitude.

Moves
15 Mar 09

france were rubbish today, they made england look and feel good for a change. ireland have GOT to win against wales next weekend or we'll never forgive them. their only problem is their attitude.
this ireland team should be renamed munster. i had a feeling england would win today but that score was just silly.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
15 Mar 09

England sure turned it on.. like it or not they have a 40 point positive diff on the board.

Wales or Ireland?
England are going to beat Scotland well next week so
if Wales beat Ireland in a low scoring game England could end up stealing the championship. ooooo

tis St. Paddy's week this week so the luck of the Irish will be with them.
Lots of green decs up down under.

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
if Wales beat Ireland in a low scoring game England could end up stealing the championship. ooooo
how do you work that one out?

S

Dublin

Moves
16 Mar 09

how do you work that one out?
England get 4 points for beating Scotland, didn't you know that?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
17 Mar 09

Originally posted by Schumi
England get 4 points for beating Scotland, didn't you know that?
lol ..alas my mistake sorry lost my abacus.
would have been interesting if bonus pts did come into play.
that extra point for the 5th try helps make teams play harder.

z

Moves
19 Mar 09

Ireland showed Scotland how to play rugby this afternoon. they gave them every chance, and even waited till the 2nd half before they started playing seriously 😵
Scotland had some serious pressure and if they had maintained it and not made silly errors, the game would have been different. Wales vs Ireland is a good one to watch.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
21 Mar 09

17 - 15 well done Ireland
two tries to nil
Pens to Jones.
O'Gara Drop goal in the last two mins.
Irelands first Grand Slam in 60 odd years.

Should drop goals be worth just one point?
I said it before...yes yes yes.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
21 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
17 - 15 well done Ireland
two tries to nil
Pens to Jones.
O'Gara Drop goal in the last two mins.
Irelands first Grand Slam in 60 odd years.

Should drop goals be worth just one point?
I said it before...yes yes yes.
Fanbloodytastic game and well deserved win for IRELAND at last. YEAH!
😵😏😵😏😵😏

all at sea

Moves
21 Mar 09

Well done Ireland - thoroughly deserved.

I find it interesting - that even though England have been berated throughout (by me included) they finished as top try scorers (twice as many as "attacking minded" Wales!) - top points for and least conceded - so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all!

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
22 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Mat Kelley
Well done Ireland - thoroughly deserved.

I find it interesting - that even though England have been berated throughout (by me included) they finished as top try scorers (twice as many as "attacking minded" Wales!) - top points for and least conceded - so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all!
very pert and good comment Matt.

I noticed it the other day and felt guilty for kicking at Martin Johnstone. but it's winning the crucial games that count not just scoring.

I do like our down under bonus point system which rewards away performance and high try scoring performances. England may have done better with the bonus system in place.

I'm also very keen on 1pt droppies.

PS: What a St.Paddy's Week for Ireland begorrah!!!!

j

Moves
22 Mar 09

starts this week.

are we going to be looking at another wales grand slam or is france going to step up and take it away from them?

i believe it's between them for the trophy, yeah england, ireland, scotland and even italy could beat anyone on their day at home but only wales and france can boost a truly world class squad.

ireland are going to strugg ...[text shortened]... nce - 8 points
2. wales - 8
3. scotland - 6
4. england - 4
5. italy - 4
6. ireland - 0
How wrong could you get it.

Prediction that Ireland would get 0 points couldn't have been any more wrong! Eat your words you stupid f****r.

They are amazing! Closing out games is an Irish speciality. Look at Munster! How could you possibly think they wouldn't win single game. Bring on 2011!