Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 11 Apr '07 06:44
    All I wanted to say is 7 - 1
    Thats all
    thank you
  2. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    11 Apr '07 07:38
    :-) Good match alright...
  3. 11 Apr '07 07:51
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    Apparently Roma is not a good match to Man Utd.
  4. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    11 Apr '07 07:52
    they done well at home tho...
  5. 11 Apr '07 08:16
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    Was it? I'm amazed! I didn't watch it, but assumed that it must have been one sided after seeing the result. Are you saying it was close but utd got lucky, but they won by a margin of 6 goals!
  6. 11 Apr '07 09:30
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Was it? I'm amazed! I didn't watch it, but assumed that it must have been one sided after seeing the result. Are you saying it was close but utd got lucky, but they won by a margin of 6 goals!
    It doesn't have to be a close match to be a good one, neither does the implication of a one sided match mean that it wasn't a good match. I'm not a utd fan but I enjoyed the game, it was a good game. Plenty of quality football from utd. It did die a little in the last 15 minutes but even so agreat reply to the events that happened in Rome last week.
  7. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    11 Apr '07 10:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    are you italian per chance?
  8. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    11 Apr '07 10:50
    Is that northern or southern italy?
  9. 11 Apr '07 11:02
    Originally posted by RedDevil4Life
    All I wanted to say is 7 - 1
    Thats all
    thank you
    I don't watch soccer, but I saw the score on ESPN. 7 goals in a soccer game is amazing.
  10. 11 Apr '07 11:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    It doesn't have to be a close match to be a good one, neither does the implication of a one sided match mean that it wasn't a good match. I'm not a utd fan but I enjoyed the game, it was a good game. Plenty of quality football from utd. It did die a little in the last 15 minutes but even so agreat reply to the events that happened in Rome last week.
    I disagree I think most would expect a good match to be closer than a one sided agme, but you are entitled to your opinion, and surely I must be too? as indeed onyx is.
  11. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    11 Apr '07 11:19
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    I disagree I think a good match is a close rather than a one sided one, but you are entitled to your opinion, but surely I must be too? as indeed onyx is too
    Being a close match can be a good trait, but it's not the only one. Roma are no push-overs and MU's display was a beauty to watch for all football lovers.

I was actually more impressed with Chelsea slowly but steadily asphyxiating Valencia, but I do think that being a close match is just one of many things that can make up a good match.
  12. Standard member onyx2006
    onyx2007
    11 Apr '07 11:26
    LOL - Same problem here, being Irish... everytime I go on holidays I see nothing but Irish bars, feel's like I'm right back home again.
  13. 11 Apr '07 11:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Being a close match can be a good trait, but it's not the only one. Roma are no push-overs and MU's display was a beauty to watch for all football lovers.

I was actually more impressed with Chelsea slowly but steadily asphyxiating Valencia, but I do think that being a close match is just one of many things that can make up a good match.
    Yes of course I fully agree, for example the suspense in Chelsea's match must have had both fans on the edge of their seats, it must have gutted Valencia to concede that away goal so late. I don't think anyone will do what man utd did to Bayen years ago when they scored twice in injury time for a long time. I had actually left the room where the tv was, I was the only english guy amongst loads of germans, when they came back into the bar (I was in holiday in Tunisia) I thought they were joking when they told me man u won in normal time
  14. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    11 Apr '07 11:30
    Originally posted by Palynka
    True. Watching a football team reach footballing Nirvana can be as enjoyable as watching 2 teams slug it out. Roma didn't play THAT bad, they just couldn't live with United's pressing from the front, movement, 1 touch passing (Smith's goal was sublime, won back by Giggs, then 6 1-touch passes later, it's in the back of the net), and superb finishing.

No team would have lived with United in that form.

D
  15. Standard member doctor rhythm
    useless at chess
    11 Apr '07 11:40
    well that figures,you yorkshire puddings really hate us mancs...leeds for the drop ha hahahaha

BORN AND BRED A RED