2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 05:562 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    nice picking chump. Thread 121182

stick to the hockey halfwit.
    You should have noted the date that those predictions were made...october 2009!

Free agency hadn't even begun ffs. I was correct on the yankees and phillies though.

Boston would have got in had they not had all those crazy injuries and who would have honestly thought LAA would lose so many players and not replace them and easily take that weak ass division.

AND, more to the point...you made these wonderous picks in April after the season had already begun, a full 6 months AFTER i made my picks....

al east: yankees
    al central: twins
    al west: angles
    al wildcard: tigers

nl east: phillies
    nl central: cards
    nl west: rockies
    nl wildcard: ... padres
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 11:47
    Originally posted by uzless
    You should have noted the date that those predictions were made...october 2009!

Free agency hadn't even begun ffs. I was correct on the yankees and phillies though.

Boston would have got in had they not had all those crazy injuries and who would have honestly thought LAA would lose so many players and not replace them and easily take that weak ass di ...[text shortened]... : tigers

nl east: phillies
    nl central: cards
    nl west: rockies
    nl wildcard: ... padres
    ya, but you didn't make your picks on the strength of the teams, purely on their financial capabilities and history of making the playoffs. a dangerous game.

my picks could've been worse, padres just missed out on the wildcard on the final day and i don't know what happened the rockies halfway through the season. but i wasn't claiming that the same old teams make the playoffs year after year due to their wage bill, 2 out of 6 is pretty bad and it's obviously time you give your crusade against the mlb's richest clubs a rest, money clearly doesn't mean success all the time.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 18:18
    Originally posted by trev33
    ya, but you didn't make your picks on the strength of the teams, purely on their financial capabilities and history of making the playoffs. a dangerous game.

my picks could've been worse, padres just missed out on the wildcard on the final day and i don't know what happened the rockies halfway through the season. but i wasn't claiming that the same old te ...[text shortened]... against the mlb's richest clubs a rest, money clearly doesn't mean success all the time.
    never did claim all the time...i said most of the time. a completely disproportionate amount of times.

I'm shocked the yanks are in the playoffs again...shocked.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree