1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 21:24
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...and Americans wonder why they are not well liked. Perhaps a little less arrogence, and a little more respect for others would suit you better General dweeb! 😏
    USA! USA! USA! USA! FACE!
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 23:11
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Keep in mind nothing has been won yet! 😏

Nice to see the U.S. win one for a change though! 😉
    Very firmly in mind. This is a momentum building game, however. The bye to the 1/4 final is a big help, though. That one less game means so much less wear and tear. We'll see how it shakes out!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 23:12
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Oh, I think the US will definately medal. The hard part will be the coveted gold.

Thanks BTW, but I've been home since Nov
    Welcome back home!
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 23:36
    Beating the Canadians or Russians at hockey, is like beating the Russians or Ukrainians at chess. A rare feat for Americans.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 23:56
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Very firmly in mind. This is a momentum building game, however. The bye to the 1/4 final is a big help, though. That one less game means so much less wear and tear. We'll see how it shakes out!
    Actually the time off, can sometimes be a bad thing. The two games in a row will be tough with the Germans, then Russians to follow if the Canadians beat the Germans.

I think it was obvious to all that if not for Miller the U.S. Goalie who played most likely the best game of his life, it was over probably in the first period. Canadian Goalie probably had one of the worst games he has played, combine the two and it usually results in a lost game.

Momentum is good when you are going to be playing within a day or two, not with a bunch of days off, it is like starting fresh again, in my humble opinion and someone who has played the game at a lower level of course.

Good Luck to the U.S. though, now the tournament really begins, lose and you go home, till the final 4 are left.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 23:59
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Beating the Canadians or Russians at hockey, is like beating the Russians or Ukrainians at chess. A rare feat for Americans.
    Ivanchuck is tougher than the Canadian hockey team for sure. Kramnik? Nah! More scared of the Indian dude, Anand. Yet I bet we could beat India in ice hockey. Cricket? Now India would really beat us in that
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 00:08
    Ivanchuck is tougher than the Canadian hockey team for sure. Kramnik? Nah! More scared of the Indian dude, Anand. Yet I bet we could beat India in ice hockey. Cricket? Now India would really beat us in that
    😀 @ Ivanchuck is tougher than the Canadian hockey team! They have won too many times, more than Ivanchuck. 😉
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 03:04
    Originally posted by bill718
    ...and Americans wonder why they are not well liked. Perhaps a little less arrogence, and a little more respect for others would suit you better General dweeb! 😏
    *arrogance
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 03:23
    Actually the time off, can sometimes be a bad thing. The two games in a row will be tough with the Germans, then Russians to follow if the Canadians beat the Germans.

I think it was obvious to all that if not for Miller the U.S. Goalie who played most likely the best game of his life, it was over probably in the first period. Canadian Goalie probably h ...[text shortened]... U.S. though, now the tournament really begins, lose and you go home, till the final 4 are left.
    It certainly can cut both ways, yet if it was not an advantage you would not get rewarded with the extra rest. Medaling will be tough no matter what. Never forget the USA team was not expected to do much. The now elevated expectations can be a momentum killer.

No argument there. Brodeur had the worst game I think I've ever seen from a goalie of his caliber. Miller had the best clutch performance I've seen in a while. indeed without the two goalies factored in the outcome would have been dramatically different. It is not often a team wins aftr being outshot 2-1!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 03:25
    😀 @ Ivanchuck is tougher than the Canadian hockey team! They have won too many times, more than Ivanchuck. 😉
    Who knows. Ivanchuck plays excellent D. I would not trust him with a hockey stick around a chess board!
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 03:48
    Kramnik? Nah!
    If you had any credibility before, it is gone now. Has any American beat Kramnik, EVER?
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 04:23
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    If you had any credibility before, it is gone now. Has any American beat Kramnik, EVER?
    Credibility about what? You like Kramnik? Bathroom Kramnik? So what if no American has ever beat him. Kramnik is no longer as good as he once was and is no Anand. Give any top American master a hockey stick. They'll beat Kramnik. Bathroom wimp Kramnik!
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 04:47
    [b]It certainly can cut both ways, yet if it was not an advantage you would not get rewarded with the extra rest. Medaling will be tough no matter what. Never forget the USA team was not expected to do much. The now elevated expectations can be a momentum killer.

b]
    Actually it was the Americans that were putting themselves as the underdogs. I don't know how many times the American coach told that to the reporters. People that actually watch hockey and know the NHL players the U.S. have, knew they were far from under dogs. The American coach did well playing them down, I must give him that. It was hyped up as a big game here in Canada, and you always have a real chance if Miller is playing like he can.

There are those who say the extra time off helps, and others who say just the opposite. The good part is that you play one less game, with one less chance of being eliminated.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 04:48
    Who knows. Ivanchuck plays excellent D. I would not trust him with a hockey stick around a chess board!
    😀
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 13:03
    Actually it was the Americans that were putting themselves as the underdogs. I don't know how many times the American coach told that to the reporters. People that actually watch hockey and know the NHL players the U.S. have, knew they were far from under dogs. The American coach did well playing them down, I must give him that. It was hyped up as a big g ...[text shortened]... posite. The good part is that you play one less game, with one less chance of being eliminated.
    You were right on the money. Brodeur out, Luongo in! We'll see how he does against Germany! I've never seen Luongo play and it is funny I said Canada's goal for goal had merely been elongated then they put in a gaolie whose name means Long!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree