1. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    29 Oct '11 13:40
    .... welcome to a proper league, son
    Management is a lot harder when you are in a league with more then two teams. and u managed one of them!!!

    One more defeat and the English media will have their knives out....
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343643
    30 Oct '11 20:15
    Originally posted by spurs73
    .... welcome to a proper league, son
    Management is a lot harder when you are in a league with more then two teams. and u managed one of them!!!

    One more defeat and the English media will have their knives out....
    £13,000,000. for a guy who cant control players, and cant get a suit to fit. europa league next year? 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '11 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    £13,000,000. for a guy who cant control players, and cant get a suit to fit. europa league next year? 🙂
    Never mind him, Luis Suarez da man! most naturally gifted footballer since Diego.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343643
    31 Oct '11 10:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Never mind him, Luis Suarez da man! most naturally gifted footballer since Diego.
    you wont like this one. rangers are blue celtic are green the league is over by halloween. sorry robbie its from a rangers fan i know. 🙂
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6878
    31 Oct '11 11:56
    Originally posted by spurs73
    One more defeat and the English media will have their knives out....
    Mind you, that is more because of the typical qualities of the British "journalist" (sports even more than general) than because of any real flaws in Villas-Boas' coaching. I mean, they are still third... what more do you want from a newbie?

    Richard
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '11 12:49
    Originally posted by roma45
    you wont like this one. rangers are blue celtic are green the league is over by halloween. sorry robbie its from a rangers fan i know. 🙂
    haha, poor ol Neil Lennon, he says hes not bothered by criticism, but I think he is.
    watched the Hibs v Celtic cup game, Hibs were real unlucky first half but capitulated
    second, Celtic have always been skinflints with the cash, always. I go to McDermaid
    Park once a year, just to cause chaos outside of Tescos, we have the biggest recorded
    crowds there you know 😉
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    31 Oct '11 21:33
    Oh, my, he lost a game? I wonder what the knee-jerk fans said about Ferguson when he was trashed 6-1 at home against City.
  8. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    01 Nov '11 02:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Oh, my, he lost a game? I wonder what the knee-jerk fans said about Ferguson when he was trashed 6-1 at home against City.
    more then one game- back to back league games...QPR and now a Arsenal who are a very poor team

    Without RVP they are mid-table team and Chelsea dont look any better
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    01 Nov '11 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    more then one game- back to back league games...QPR and now a Arsenal who are a very poor team

    Without RVP they are mid-table team and Chelsea dont look any better
    QPR was exactly what Roma was talking about, two footed tackles by Drogba in front of
    the ref, well duh? Torres suspended, well duh! Terry bad mouthing players with
    alleged racist comments, well , duh? You think Fergie would stand for such lack of ill
    discipline, not on your life mate!
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343643
    01 Nov '11 12:39
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Mind you, that is more because of the typical qualities of the British "journalist" (sports even more than general) than because of any real flaws in Villas-Boas' coaching. I mean, they are still third... what more do you want from a newbie?

    Richard
    they are fourth, 9 points off the top of league, but are sitting "proudly" at the top of the most red and yellow cards and fouls commited league. the point is chelsea could have got a much better english manager for a fraction of the cost, he took over a team that came 2nd last year and have the most expensive striker in british history, so newbie or not win games or be out by xmas thats life in the top.
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    01 Nov '11 13:04
    Originally posted by roma45
    they are fourth, 9 points off the top of league, but are sitting "proudly" at the top of the most red and yellow cards and fouls commited league. the point is chelsea could have got a much better english manager for a fraction of the cost, he took over a team that came 2nd last year and have the most expensive striker in british history, so newbie or not win games or be out by xmas thats life in the top.
    or a Scottish manager.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6878
    03 Nov '11 13:011 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    or a Scottish manager.
    Name one, just one, who
    - would have done it,
    - for significantly (not a piddling 10% ) less pay, and
    - could (be realistic!) have brought them to a higher spot on the table.

    I doubt there is one.

    Fergie perhaps could have done it, with the same unruly lot, but even that's no certainty. He rules Greater London United with an iron fist, only because he can, and he can only because he's been there for donkey's years, and brought in all the players himself - and they know it. But he only could - he would not, ever, and he certainly won't for any less than Villas-Boas is getting.
    Any other Scots top managers? Well, let's see... there's Kenny. He's currently managing to keep the Scousers two spots below Chelsea. The other Scousers have a Scot, too. That's going well for them. They were seventh last year - now they're just above relegation. Prising Lennon or McCoist away from their clubs? Good luck with that...
    Your best bet might be Stuart McCall, but I suspect he's having a bit too much fun right now to move quite yet. Perhaps next year, when he'll be more expensive.

    But even then... better than fourth? Really? As good as, sure. Climbing over Noocassel's backs to third place at some time in the rest of the season, quite possible. Contender for the title? Pull the other one, it's got bells on. And they're all golden bells, and all paid for by Manchester's owners.

    Now, you may well be correct in predicting the outcome of this state of affairs. Villas-Boas may well be sacked by Boxing Day. I would not at all be surprised. But, I repeat, that would not be because he's doing badly - it would be because the vampires of English sports "journalism" demand miracles from everybody, and are constantly craving for blood.

    Richard
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10264
    03 Nov '11 15:381 edit
    ^^ Lennon is Irish (and not good enough for Celtic) and David Moyes is the third best coach in the PL. Look at the amount of money Everton have spent in the past years years and look at their final league position and tell me how that is possible in football today?
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    04 Nov '11 08:161 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Name one, just one, who
    - would have done it,
    - for significantly (not a piddling 10% ) less pay, and
    - could (be realistic!) have brought them to a higher spot on the table.

    I doubt there is one.

    Fergie perhaps could have done it, with the same unruly lot, but even that's no certainty. He rules Greater London United with an iron mand miracles from everybody, and are constantly craving for blood.

    Richard
    me, i would have done it for twenty quid an hour and taken them to top spot of the
    EPL. I took Cali Thistle to the champions league final, Fifa 2010 on the xbox, i could
    do it with Chelsea in real life, no problem.

    the problem is their owner, he has interfered so much, there is no consistency, a
    manager constantly under pressure and threat of dismissal cannot be good. Look at
    Fergie, 25 years or thereabouts, Dagliesh, Liverpool through and through, Harry
    Rednapp, Tottenham through and through, same with Arsenal and Everton. To create
    such an atmosphere takes years and years and all the money in the world cannot buy
    it, no not at any price.
  15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343643
    04 Nov '11 10:11
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Name one, just one, who
    - would have done it,
    - for significantly (not a piddling 10% ) less pay, and
    - could (be realistic!) have brought them to a higher spot on the table.

    I doubt there is one.

    Fergie perhaps could have done it, with the same unruly lot, but even that's no certainty. He rules Greater London United with an iron ...[text shortened]... mand miracles from everybody, and are constantly craving for blood.

    Richard
    chelsea "bought" tropheys for years now that man city have the money suddenly its not fair? and for goodness sake its MANCHESTER UNITED not london utd or what ever you want to call them. if you manage chelsea you win the champions league or you are out harsh but true. when ever a owner interfers with team selection then they are doomed can you imagine someone trying to tell fergie or redknap who to play? £13,000,000 for a puppet
Back to Top