1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 16:13
    Think Ruud,
    think pizza,
    think melee when beaten by Chelsea,
    think Wenger's violent reaction to Alan Pardew's celebration when his relegation threatened team scored a very late winner,
    think Fabregas' dig at Mark Hughes,
    think Wenger's comments on how the FA treat Arsenal unfairly.

Any other contenders?

D
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 16:46
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Think Ruud,
    think pizza,
    think Wenger's violent reaction to Alan Pardew's celebration when his relegation threatened team scored a very late winner,

Any other contenders?

D
    Jeff Tarango
    Tania Holding
    Carl Lewis
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 20:23
    think comments after blackburn win
  4. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:02
    Think Ruud,
    think pizza,

Any other contenders?

D
    think any game that Arsenal lose!
    comments such as:-

"they did not let Arsenal play"!!
    "they had 10 men behind the ball"!!
    "they should have had 2 penalties"
    etc..etc...
  5. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 11:51
    Same comments that you get from a fair number fo clubs/players/managers these days......

A shame but they're all as bad as each other......one or two honest managers would be nice to see one day ;-(
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 16:29
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    Same comments that you get from a fair number fo clubs/players/managers these days......

A shame but they're all as bad as each other......one or two honest managers would be nice to see one day ;-(
    How can you say that about United? Sure, he'll challenge some 50/50 decisions in the media sometimes, but as far as I'm concerned, 90% of the time, he calls it right.

For example today:
    Ferguson: "Liverpool will feel very unlucky".

He told Sky Sports: "It was a fantastic result. We had a lot of narrow escapes and Liverpool upset our rhythm. They will feel very unlucky and they deserve to.

"It is a massive result for us. We broke away late on against Fulham and scored and now we've done it here. We've had that bit of luck in the last two weeks but you need luck if you are to win titles."

Ferguson admitted referee Martin Atkinson was right to send off Scholes, adding: "I've seen it, he's lifted his hand and you can't do that.

"I think the referee got one right in terms of intent."

I don't think anybody, no matter how biased, could contend with his summary.

(I wasn't sure whether I should post this here or in the "Arrogance of the Top 4 teams" thread)

I can just imagine Wenger's comments in a similar position: "We deserved to win today. Liverpool played for a draw. The referee was incredibly biased against our players. I never saw the Paul Scholes incident, but I would prefer to stand in front of an FA gestapo firing squad before I'd admit that Scholes swung a punch at Alonso. Please excuse me while I ring Pizza Hut".

D
  7. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 19:20
    How can you say that about United? Sure, he'll challenge some 50/50 decisions in the media sometimes, but as far as I'm concerned, 90% of the time, he calls it right.

For example today:

He told Sky Sports: "It was a fantastic result. We had a lot of narrow escapes and Liverpool upset our rhythm. They wil ...[text shortened]... swung a punch at Alonso. Please excuse me while I ring Pizza Hut".

D
    Who mentioned United??
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 19:58
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    ...one or two honest managers would be nice to see one day ;-(
    I have to admit I was after a few pints. 😵

D
  9. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 10:45

For example today:

He told Sky Sports: "It was a fantastic result. We had a lot of narrow escapes and Liverpool upset our rhythm. They wil ...[text shortened]... swung a punch at Alonso. Please excuse me while I ring Pizza Hut".

D
    thats all very well.. but not the sort of stuff he says after they lose!

.. me thinks his commets would have been a lot diffirest if O'sha had not scored that winner (or worse still if and Liverpool had won the game)

😏
  10. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 11:06
    I have to admit I was after a few pints. 😵

D
    lol

'tis true though that most managers act a bit like Wenger did last week when they lose, and talk like Fergie yesterday after a win.....

it's much easier to give a fair and honest appraisal of a game when you've won!!

It's one thing I like about Pearce - at least he blames himself and his players when results go badly (which is a bit too often for my liking!!).......it would be interesting to see if his ways changed if the pressures were different and he was managing a team likely to win things?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree