1. Joined
    29 Oct '07
    Moves
    3394
    10 Jun '08 17:28
    Argentina have a multitude of attacking players to pick from. look at the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Crespo, Lavezzi, Higuain and the list goes on and on. but why do they fail against brazil? can anyone answer that question for me?
  2. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    10 Jun '08 19:48
    I didn't realise that Argentina was such a 'hot topic' during the Euro Championships... are they playing in that?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    22740
    10 Jun '08 21:56
    Originally posted by blade68
    I didn't realise that Argentina was such a 'hot topic' during the Euro Championships... are they playing in that?
    World Cup qualifiers on in South America I think...

    After watching todays games Spanish attacking players can certainly rival any team in the world...
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55349
    11 Jun '08 17:38
    Originally posted by Pawafool
    Argentina have a multitude of attacking players to pick from. look at the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Crespo, Lavezzi, Higuain and the list goes on and on. but why do they fail against brazil? can anyone answer that question for me?
    Messi will be the next Maradon / Zidane.

    Mark my words.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    12 Jun '08 19:34
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Messi will be the next Maradon / Zidane.

    Mark my words.
    Maradona could only kick with one foot and Zidane was a bald Frenchman... Messi's welcome to your accolade!!!
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    35068
    13 Jun '08 09:05
    Originally posted by blade68
    Zidane was a bald Frenchman... Messi's welcome to your accolade!!!
    A bald French genius though.
  7. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    13 Jun '08 11:11
    Originally posted by mtthw
    A bald French genius though.
    His footballing talent was never in question! Merely his follicle attributes!
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55349
    15 Jun '08 20:55
    Originally posted by blade68
    Maradona could only kick with one foot
    You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

    Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.
  9. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    16 Jun '08 11:58
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

    Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.
    You're wrong actually.

    I read an article in an Irish newspaper a couple of months ago, in which some unknown footballer called Pele was saying that Maradona could never be considered a great footballer for exactly the reasons I stated...

    Also, what are these 2 goals you mention?

    The fact is that although his 2nd against us in '86 could be considered decent, he would never have scored that if he hadn't already gained the 'upper hand' and psychological edge by cheating for the 1st goal.
  10. Utrecht
    Joined
    16 Feb '04
    Moves
    121009
    17 Jun '08 14:02
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

    Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.
    And one dutchman as well Shav.
    Maradonna could play great football, for sure, but he was a pain in the neck too. All that diving and crying for murder when someone lifted his toe. Nasty attitude.
    And that high kick against some brazilian at some WC (86?) was outrageous.
    To me that places him lower in rank than Pele, Cruyff, Bergkamp.
  11. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    18 Jun '08 17:16
    ...not forgetting old Georgie Best!
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    19 Jun '08 11:36
    The attack of Mascherano on Anderson was indeed impressive. 😞
  13. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    4425
    27 Jun '08 03:11
    They suffer the lack of a good center forward. Crespo is old, Cruz is no big deal (and is also old). They have many skilled forwards, but they are all very short and all very young.

    But they are not playing well lately. Brazil is also stinking.
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    4425
    27 Jun '08 03:13
    To me that places him lower in rank than Pele, Cruyff, Bergkamp.[/b]
    Bergkamp?
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    27 Jun '08 11:34
    Lol, it is sooo funny how hard it STILL aches to some English the goal with the hand by Maradona in Mexico '86, as well as the other beautiful one from midfield forward.

    Oh well, they took the Falklands. Maradona took their football dignity in return.

    Fair deal, isn't it? 😵
Back to Top