1. Utrecht
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 17:09
    Originally posted by monteirof
    Bergkamp?
    Yes Bergkamp. I don't know if you have seen any goals he made, but I Nnver seen anyone like him when it comes to scoring.
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 19:40
    Originally posted by Sake
    Yes Bergkamp. I don't know if you have seen any goals he made, but I Nnver seen anyone like him when it comes to scoring.
    Not in the same class as the others, but you're right, some of his goals are a thing of beauty.

His most famous:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fqvZ1qMUyps
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvXVlfu4vs (poorer quality video, much funnier commentary 🙂 )

Though this one, earlier the same season, is similar and arguably better:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2VmgiWlTIdI
  3. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    29 Jun '08 15:43
    Originally posted by Pawafool
    Argentina have a multitude of attacking players to pick from. look at the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Crespo, Lavezzi, Higuain and the list goes on and on. but why do they fail against brazil? can anyone answer that question for me?
    Because the Argies don´t play as team.

When they would do it, they´ll be invincible. 😞
  4. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 02:41
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Messi will be the next Maradon / Zidane.

Mark my words.
    Where is Messi now?

BUAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAAAAaaa-ahhh...!
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 06:17
    Messi is an overrated player.

Nowadays the multimillionaire interests behind football provoke that as soon as a kid has some talent, everybody rushes to place him on a pedestal and all the brands start preparing their TV ads.

It is in crucial matches like Argentina-Brazil where you can see who is a monster player, capable of deciding a match (e.g. Kaká, Luis Fabiano) and who is just, well, talented (e.g. Messi, Agüero)
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 06:181 edit
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    Because the Argies don´t play as team.

When they would do it, they´ll be invincible. 😞
    Spot on.

And that's exactly what Dunga has achieved with Brazil.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 13:11
    You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.
    yep its true, even now they still gripe about it. when Maradona came to Scotland as Argentina's coach for friendly, he gave a press conference and was asked about comments made by Terry Butcher who was, believing it or not , still on about the incident almost twenty years later. Maradona cited England's propensity for cheating and was met with loud jovial howling and laughter by the Scottish press. He is the greatest footballer that we have ever seen in our time, Messi, Ronaldo etc pale into insignificance, Maradona was a force of nature! i remember well, my own Argentina kit at the time, to the Scottish he was and will always be, a legend and folk hero!
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:13
    You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the English dislike cheating bastards.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:161 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the English dislike cheating bastards.
    They like Gerrard and Rooney, don't they? And the whole world knows how they cheated their 1966 win.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:18
    Originally posted by Palynka
    They like Gerrard and Rooney, don't they?
    C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!! 😵

Rec'd!
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:18
    Originally posted by Seitse

Oh well, they took the Falklands. Maradona took their football dignity in return.

Fair deal, isn't it? 😵
    Maradonna was the one who lost his dignity, by cheating.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:21
    Originally posted by Palynka
    They like Gerrard and Rooney, don't they? And the whole world knows how they cheated their 1966 win.
    Wrong! As per usual Plinky.
    I don't like them.

And it has been proved beyond any doubt that the ball crossed the line in '66 - even the Germans agree now. 😛
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:26
    I don't like them.
    You're English, not the English. Generalizations allow exceptions. Are you going to say the English don't like Rooney?
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 21:36
    Chav preaching about non-football stuff to hide football pain
    Uh... o.k.?

🙄
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 23:43
    Maradonna was the one who lost his dignity, by cheating.
    I'd gladly lose a little dignity if it meant scoring the most famous goal of all time as well as the goal many consider to be the greatest goal ever scored in the same game

Maradona is one of the 5 greatest players of all time and only an idiot would argue with that!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree