Originally posted by invigorate
they look invincible at the moment.
Do they?? Well yes....with the support of all the 3 umpires and match referee, they do!! Not to forget, that ponting gets to the umpires job as well (gangulys dismissal for your reference).
Please see the list of wrong decisions that I can remember from this test...
1. Ponting caught by Dhoni off Gangulys bowling - not given.
2. Ponting lbw H.Singh - Inside edge
3. Symonds caught by dhoni off Ishant Sharma - not given
4. Symonds stumped by Dhoni - referred to 3rd umpire who declares it not out ( the blind bat)
5. Symonds stumped again - Bucknor the blind bat this time doesnt refer it to the 3rd umpire.
6. Wasim Jaffer bB.Lee - off a no ball. No ball not called
7. Hussey caught Dhoni - not given
8. Hussey lbw Kumble not given
9. Dravid c.Gilchrist b.Symonds (which idiot on earth could even see the bat??)
10. Ganguly c.M Clarke b.B Lee - ball touched the ground - 3rd umpire not referred - 4th umpire (read ponting) referred.
I am sure I have missed a few!!
The aussies might have got a thrashing in this game if it wasnt for the decisions.
The Oz sure did look invincible with the kind of form that they (the umpires) were in!!