Aussies win 2nd test vs. India

Aussies win 2nd test vs. India

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
09 Jan 08

Originally posted by AussieG
OK.. you got me on a technicality there.. however a World Cup counts for much more than any given series.

Do you really think that ODI was the greatest of all time? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. For mine, no. This is because I see cricket as a contest between bat and ball. That game was simply a batting exhibition from both sides where the bowlers had ve ...[text shortened]... the" game. I'm more of a traditionalist and prefer the tests and then the 0ne dayers..
Well, the reason I think it's the greatest ODI ever is because both teams decided to dominate the bowlers on a quick, bouncy wicket.
Both teams did just that and pretty spectacularly. These aren't teams that have too many 'bad' bowlers.

Sure, a 'contest' where the bowlers have a bigger say might be considered a 'great' game...
Almost 900 runs in 100 overs of cricket from the top 2 sides in ODI cricket? That's what I call spectacular.

n

Moves
09 Jan 08

IM
Primal Primate

holiest of holies

Moves
10 Jan 08

Complicating the issue in games that SA lost and Hansie Cronje and his cronies were playing in is of course the issue of whether those match-fixing cheats had a hand in the result.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Jan 08

Originally posted by Iron Monkey
Complicating the issue in games that SA lost and Hansie Cronje and his cronies were playing in is of course the issue of whether those match-fixing cheats had a hand in the result.
What issue at hand are you talking about? I know we're a bit off subject, but you're in outer space, buddy.

IM
Primal Primate

holiest of holies

Moves
12 Jan 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
What issue at hand are you talking about? I know we're a bit off subject, but you're in outer space, buddy.
when you look back at victories against SA in that period, there's always a nagging doubt: did we REALLY win, or did Hansie and his boys throw the game?

w

Moves
14 Jan 08

aussie are champs but i cant believe this ............... 😴