1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 23:08
    Originally posted by Trev33
    And the others... were they given it for free?

It's nice to be able to spend money, like a lot of sports worldwide but it doesn't guarantee success. Poor management structure and a lack of cohesion between players will get crusted against a well organized low sending team who are more worried about winning the game than anything else.
    No, it takes hard work to make a winning team but it makes it easier when you have more skill. I dont understand how anybody can disagree that top spending teams make it to the playoffs more consistently than low market teams do.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 16:44
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    No, it takes hard work to make a winning team but it makes it easier when you have more skill. I dont understand how anybody can disagree that top spending teams make it to the playoffs more consistently than low market teams do.
    I think they do but the 'argument' seems to be that money buys you the playoffs, which it clearly doesn't.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 22:05
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I think they do but the 'argument' seems to be that money buys you the playoffs, which it clearly doesn't.
    This makes no sense. While you cant guarantee single season results, if you have a 100 million dollar roster you have increased chances of going to the playoffs. This means that in ten seasons you will go to the playoffs more often than a team with a 50 million dollar roster... Meaning you have bought yourselves playoff spots. Simple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree