1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '13 23:06
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Probably best crosser of the ball I've ever seen in the game and a wicked free kick taker too. No I'm not just talking about the free kick against Greece, he scored plenty more. People tend to forget what happened 10-15 years ago, he's been playing that long and still at the top level. He gave England and MUFC real width. As Trev said, he lacked tha ...[text shortened]... Men.

EDIT: More crap goals from Becks: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYgHunQEl0
    great video, there is one at 3:34 which is sublime. no doubt he strikes a ball like the best in history. but that isnt enough to be a great player.

he never gave a team great width, that wasnt his style of play. beckham narrows a midfield, giggs on the other side gave them width. although beckham crosses and giggs cuts, the width comes from giggs.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 May '13 23:26
    Hey I'm not knocking Becks too hard. Just saying he does not deserve being talked about in terms of greatest ever. Marketed himself well so the perception always was he was better than he really was. Good shot taker on set pieces? Not better than Pirlo or Rhivellino. Good crosser? Not better than the many Brazilian greats. I was just never terribly impressed, even by his longevity. After all a lot of it happened in MLS in a league no better than second tier English league. For sure he was never worth the money he got and he laughed all the way to the bank. Good for him, but made it seem like he was better than he was. I doubt Becks makes top 20 of all time.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '13 10:18
    dude was a genius
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 May '13 09:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dude was a genius
    looks like he sobbed like a baby in his last game. there shouldnt be anything wrong showing emotion, but it seemed out of place as he was in a new team, new fans, new stadium. its not like scholes and fergy who had to say goodbye to fans, playes and staff that they had bonded with over years of being together. maybe im being a bit hard.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 May '13 10:00
    Originally posted by Trev33
    The only thing Beckham lacked was pace. One of the few Englishmen who who change a game by himself, Paul Scholes? What did he ever do for England? Great for Utd, sucked for England, Beckham on the other hand carried England at times.

Plus he had the balls and talent to succeed in Spain and America. And at 37 he was still having an impact helping PSG with their first title in years.

If he is remembered as one of the greats it's for a reason.
    Where did Beckham carry England too ? Paul Scholes was a far,far better player than Beckham .The "balls and talent to succeed in Spain and America ", I would replace that with the looks and merchandising ability Beckham had not footballing skill .
    I remember greats as George Best ,Charlton ,Denis Law ,Bobby Moore ,Pele , Gascoinge , Cruyf etc never Beckham in a million years .
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 May '13 10:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    looks like he sobbed like a baby in his last game. there shouldnt be anything wrong showing emotion, but it seemed out of place as he was in a new team, new fans, new stadium. its not like scholes and fergy who had to say goodbye to fans, playes and staff that they had bonded with over years of being together. maybe im being a bit hard.
    He's probably got a sponser with a tissue firm for even more money for his pot:'(:'(:'(:'(
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '13 14:55
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Where did Beckham carry England too ? Paul Scholes was a far,far better player than Beckham .The "balls and talent to succeed in Spain and America ", I would replace that with the looks and merchandising ability Beckham had not footballing skill .
    I remember greats as George Best ,Charlton ,Denis Law ,Bobby Moore ,Pele , Gascoinge , Cruyf etc never Beckham in a million years .
    you forgot to mention Archie Gemmel and James McFadden, folk legends!

Beckers is right up there with Cantona, another genius
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 06:162 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    beckham has retired...............does anybody care? the media are talking about what a great player he was. 'good' maybe, 'great' never.
    I'm not sure how good Beckham was, but other players here in the USA seemed to think he was pretty good. Polite and well liked too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree