1. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 23:54
    Setting stats aside and looking at the pitching crew for every MLB team, which team has the best pitching?
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Setting stats aside and looking at the pitching crew for every MLB team, which team has the best pitching?
    LAA

ANd why would you set stats aside? That defeats the purpose.
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 05:56
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    LAA

ANd why would you set stats aside? That defeats the purpose.
    Because there have been quite a few trades recently. For example, the A's are listed as the top pitching crew on mlb.com but I'm sure Harden had something do with that. Now he is with my Cubbies. And also just looking at the players themselves. Honestly would you say that anyone on the A's current staff is better than Harden, Dempster, Zambrano, or Sabathia? Or that anyone on the Angels is as good as any of these, with the exception of Santana.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 06:23
    Because there have been quite a few trades recently. For example, the A's are listed as the top pitching crew on mlb.com but I'm sure Harden had something do with that. Now he is with my Cubbies. And also just looking at the players themselves. Honestly would you say that anyone on the A's current staff is better than Harden, Dempster, Zambrano, or ...[text shortened]... thia? Or that anyone on the Angels is as good as any of these, with the exception of Santana.
    Lackey is quite good.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 15:50
    Tigers!
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 16:10
    You people have it all wrong. Boston is the best if you put stats aside. As much as I wish that it was the Rays, you can't deny that with Beckett, Matsuzaka, Lester, Wakefield, and Buchholz in the rotation and Papelbon and Timlin in the bullpen they are the best.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 16:30
    If Harden can stay healthy and Marmol can be as dominant as he was in the first couple months of the season then it has to be the Cubs.
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 04:43
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If Harden can stay healthy and Marmol can be as dominant as he was in the first couple months of the season then it has to be the Cubs.
    Marmol's been in the tank for the past month. He's about 2 weeks from the DL i think...zero control right now
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 04:45
    I think the 3rd Place Jays have the best pitching staff...check it out.

Halladay
    Lincecum
    Volquez
    E. Santana
    Nolasco
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    I think the 3rd Place Jays have the best pitching staff...check it out.

Halladay
    Lincecum
    Volquez
    E. Santana
    Nolasco
    Top 3 are great.

Santana is overrated and has always been inconsistent. Nolasco is just on a hot streak. Remember your boyfriend Aaron Laffey?
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 15:10
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Top 3 are great.

Santana is overrated and has always been inconsistent. Nolasco is just on a hot streak. Remember your boyfriend Aaron Laffey?
    dunno dude....Nolasco might, MIGHT i say, be the new Lincecum based on his age, stats and (more importantly) his composure on the mound.

I saw him pitch a few games on the satellite. Looks good.

But ya, Laffey will never be the dominant type...he's a finesse guy that has to hit his spots or else he gets hammered. Kind of like Litsch i'd say.
  12. Standard memberskryking
    Seeking the Present
    Plainfield, IL
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 16:48
    I'm still kind of partial to the whitesox with the second best era in the league.
  13. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 00:29
    Typical eastern bias