Best pitching in MLB

Best pitching in MLB

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
12 Jul 08

Setting stats aside and looking at the pitching crew for every MLB team, which team has the best pitching?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
13 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Setting stats aside and looking at the pitching crew for every MLB team, which team has the best pitching?
LAA

ANd why would you set stats aside? That defeats the purpose.

J

Moves
13 Jul 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
LAA

ANd why would you set stats aside? That defeats the purpose.
Because there have been quite a few trades recently. For example, the A's are listed as the top pitching crew on mlb.com but I'm sure Harden had something do with that. Now he is with my Cubbies. And also just looking at the players themselves. Honestly would you say that anyone on the A's current staff is better than Harden, Dempster, Zambrano, or Sabathia? Or that anyone on the Angels is as good as any of these, with the exception of Santana.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
13 Jul 08

Because there have been quite a few trades recently. For example, the A's are listed as the top pitching crew on mlb.com but I'm sure Harden had something do with that. Now he is with my Cubbies. And also just looking at the players themselves. Honestly would you say that anyone on the A's current staff is better than Harden, Dempster, Zambrano, or ...[text shortened]... thia? Or that anyone on the Angels is as good as any of these, with the exception of Santana.
Lackey is quite good.

P

weedhopper

Moves
13 Jul 08

Tigers!

g

Moves
13 Jul 08

You people have it all wrong. Boston is the best if you put stats aside. As much as I wish that it was the Rays, you can't deny that with Beckett, Matsuzaka, Lester, Wakefield, and Buchholz in the rotation and Papelbon and Timlin in the bullpen they are the best.

d

Moves
13 Jul 08

If Harden can stay healthy and Marmol can be as dominant as he was in the first couple months of the season then it has to be the Cubs.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by darvlay
If Harden can stay healthy and Marmol can be as dominant as he was in the first couple months of the season then it has to be the Cubs.
Marmol's been in the tank for the past month. He's about 2 weeks from the DL i think...zero control right now

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
14 Jul 08

I think the 3rd Place Jays have the best pitching staff...check it out.

Halladay
Lincecum
Volquez
E. Santana
Nolasco

d

Moves
14 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by uzless
I think the 3rd Place Jays have the best pitching staff...check it out.

Halladay
Lincecum
Volquez
E. Santana
Nolasco
Top 3 are great.

Santana is overrated and has always been inconsistent. Nolasco is just on a hot streak. Remember your boyfriend Aaron Laffey?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by darvlay
Top 3 are great.

Santana is overrated and has always been inconsistent. Nolasco is just on a hot streak. Remember your boyfriend Aaron Laffey?
dunno dude....Nolasco might, MIGHT i say, be the new Lincecum based on his age, stats and (more importantly) his composure on the mound.

I saw him pitch a few games on the satellite. Looks good.

But ya, Laffey will never be the dominant type...he's a finesse guy that has to hit his spots or else he gets hammered. Kind of like Litsch i'd say.

Seeking the Present

Plainfield, IL

Moves
16 Jul 08

I'm still kind of partial to the whitesox with the second best era in the league.

R

Moves
18 Jul 08

Typical eastern bias