His next win will be his 2,500th.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 22:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    How do you think Atlanta will fare next year when they have to play the entire season with Cox out??? 😳
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Sep '10 16:25
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    How do you think Atlanta will fare next year when they have to play the entire season with Cox out??? 😳
    It depends on if they use someone under Bobby that has learned from him.
  4. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    26 Sep '10 23:26
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Embarrased!
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 15:38
    Cox has had some incredible talent come his way. Some of the pennants won by the Braves could have been achieved with pretty much any decent manager. But, he is the guy who writes the line-up cards, so I give him credit for being a good manager---just maybe not a great one.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 17:41
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Cox has had some incredible talent come his way. Some of the pennants won by the Braves could have been achieved with pretty much any decent manager. But, he is the guy who writes the line-up cards, so I give him credit for being a good manager---just maybe not a great one.
    I am not saying that Bobby Cox was the best manager around, but he was pretty damn good at making moves, dealing with injuries, and he hung on to Leo Mazzone who was one of the best pitching coaches in the game for many years. I would say he was in the upper crust. The only manager who got more out of his players, IMO was Tony LaRussa who has always had the best pitching coach in baseball on his staff in Dave Duncan.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 01:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    His wife went into the barber shop looking for him once. She asked, "Bob Cox here?" The barber replied, "No just shaves and haircuts."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree