1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 23:19
    What a horses ass. I give credit to Howard Stern this morning for playing an uncensored obscenity filled tirade full of threats of violence toward his players. And that was old news. He slapped a player in the face yesterday and in classic fashion his school defended him. Shame on Texas Tech.
  2. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 02:06
    they shouldn't have made a big deal about it because the player was looking down and when booby knight lifted his chin up hard it was only for the player to look at him in the EYES and tell him what was going on..im pretty sure bobby knight has done worse things than just a slap
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 05:39
    Originally posted by coldplayer4191
    they shouldn't have made a big deal about it because the player was looking down and when booby knight lifted his chin up hard it was only for the player to look at him in the EYES and tell him what was going on..im pretty sure bobby knight has done worse things than just a slap
    I can tell you what was going on. The player was following his gut instincts of avoiding eye contact with a socio-pathic lunatic. Where the hell is Spreewell when you need him?
  4. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 06:18
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What a horses ass. I give credit to Howard Stern this morning for playing an uncensored obscenity filled tirade full of threats of violence toward his players. And that was old news. He slapped a player in the face yesterday and in classic fashion his school defended him. Shame on Texas Tech.
    Get off your high-horse. Yes, we know that Bobby has some problems with his anger management. But overall, he is a good coach who still puts academics ahead of athletics which, these days, is hard to find. And by the way, that was no slap in the face. He nudged him to get his attention AND both the player in question and his father agreed that it was not over the top and people overreacted to the whole thing. Not only that, but the player in question was too hard on himself and Knight did it to boost his confidence and get his focus back on the game instead of himself. AND the majority of America agreed that Knight was not in the wrong by almost 3-1 as reported on ESPN. And the only reason there is so much attention focused on Knight is because of his past. If this was any other coach, no one would take notice or care, nor say it was out of line.

So get your facts straight before you start attacking him and the school. I praise Texas Tech for not overreacting to the situation and blowing it out of proportion like you have done.

P.S.- Howard is sooo 5-10 years ago. Yes, he used to be the king and all that, and I admire him for the roads that he opened up for others, but his material is old and weary. It's not even that funny anymore. Opie and Anthony are the new Howard.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 15:21
    yeah, we should praise texas tech for hiring a coach who thinks it is Ok to emphasize a point by slapping someone in the face. I think I will try next time I want to speak to my boss, my wife, my kids. in fact I think I might work well in the subway on the streets on New York. I think ESPN should recommend that everyone tries this educational technique and tell me if 79% of the time they get good results
  6. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:01
    Dude they had a conference between Bobby Knight, the kid, his parents and like the president of the school! The kid and his parents agreed that he did nothing wrong and that he was just motivating the kid, if the kid and his parents don't think he did anything wrong then why should anyone else? Learn the whole story before you open your trap!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:10
    The kid has no free will to complain. His education is paid for by the Uinversity and his friends, status and identity are tied to being an NCAA basketball player. The NCAA is before Congress asking to keep its tax exempt status because sports are "an integral part of education" while educators convey knowledge by hitting people on camera. It is umbelievable that you would accuse me of not having my facts straight
    P.S. It is ironic that a guy named John Lennon Forever would believe it is OK to slap another human being.
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:14
    Originally posted by leepound
    The kid has no free will to complain. His education is paid for by the Uinversity and his friends, status and identity are tied to being an NCAA basketball player. The NCAA is before Congress asking to keep its tax exempt status because sports are "an integral part of education" while educators convey knowledge by hitting people on camera. It is umbeliev ...[text shortened]... ronic that a guy named John Lennon Forever would believe it is OK to slap another human being.
    Dude I wasn't even talking about you, if you look at who I was quoting you would see that, so now you need to get your facts straight and see an eye doctor! And dude, he does have a free will to complain and his parents even agreed he did nothing wrong! They have as much judgement as you or I do, so if they think what he did was ok then why should you argue against that?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:24
    I simply believe two things:
    (1) it is not OK to hit someone in the face in a quasi-educational setting. Even if the person who is hit in the face and their parents think it is no big deal, it is still inappropriate. Other players on his team, other players on other teams, other students at Texas Tech might not want to be hit the face. This incident makes it more acceptable and more likely for them to face similar circumstances. That is not positive.
    (2) There really is no free will. If you complain, you lose playing time, risk your scholorship, are told you are hurting the team/ creating a distraction, you jeopardize your status as a player and the benefits it provides. So you say it is not big deal, whether or not you are ok with it.
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:27
    I simply believe two things:
    (1) it is not OK to hit someone in the face in a quasi-educational setting. Even if the person who is hit in the face and their parents think it is no big deal, it is still inappropriate. Other players on his team, other players on other teams, other students at Texas Tech might not want to be hit the face. This incident mak ...[text shortened]... and the benefits it provides. So you say it is not big deal, whether or not you are ok with it.
    Some of his teammates even came out and said Coach Knight did nothing wrong! So that argument doesn't do anything for you! Second free will exists no matter what, whether you are willing to accept the consequences or not! Everyone has a choice in what they do and every choice has consequences whether good or bad! The fact that there are consequences doesn't change the fact that you have a choice in what you do!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:36
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Some of his teammates even came out and said Coach Knight did nothing wrong! So that argument doesn't do anything for you! Second free will exists no matter what, whether you are willing to accept the consequences or not! Everyone has a choice in what they do and every choice has consequences whether good or bad! The fact that there are consequences doesn't change the fact that you have a choice in what you do!
    Texas Tech should not be Ok with its faculty using physcial force on its students. The quotes of the player, the parents, the teammates are not really relevant. It is not Ok for authority figures to hit people. The fact that so many people closely involved in the situation don't complain might be evidence of the fact that they fear the consequences of complaining.
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:42
    Texas Tech should not be Ok with its faculty using physcial force on its students. The quotes of the player, the parents, the teammates are not really relevant. It is not Ok for authority figures to hit people. The fact that so many people closely involved in the situation don't complain might be evidence of the fact that they fear the consequences of complaining.
    ROFLMAO You have no case, your just coming up with excuses even after I've named plenty of people who think it's ok! I've rebuttled everyone of your arguments, and if people agree almost 3-1 that he did nothing wrong, then maybe you are wrong!
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 17:14
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    ROFLMAO You have no case, your just coming up with excuses even after I've named plenty of people who think it's ok! I've rebuttled everyone of your arguments, and if people agree almost 3-1 that he did nothing wrong, then maybe you are wrong!
    12 jurors found OJ not guilty.
  14. Standard memberoilman
    Glory To GOD !
    Jesus Is Lord !!
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 20:08
    12 jurors found OJ not guilty.
    Are you saying he was guilty ??
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 22:50
    Originally posted by oilman
    Are you saying he was guilty ??
    Yes, I am saying he is guilty and I don't care what "public opinion" may say about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree