1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 10:59
    What are the chances of tonight's England B vs Germany B being a total bore? When was the last time an England game was actually entertaining? Only Germany 5-1 and Holland 4-1 (1996) spring to mind....
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 11:33
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    What are the chances of tonight's England B vs Germany B being a total bore? When was the last time an England game was actually entertaining? Only Germany 5-1 and Holland 4-1 (1996) spring to mind....
    If you don't like it, don't watch it.
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 11:38
    The Argentina friendly a couple of years ago was pretty good.

But no, I'm not getting too excited about this one.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 12:08
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    agreed! Mc picks some rubbish teams.

he come in and got rid of Becks, Compbell, james, etc... then brought them all back again.. the guy is a F-ing joke
  5. Standard memberGoatboysrevenge
    Justice 4 the 96
    Airstrip One
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 14:47
    Just looking at the team for tonight makes me sleepy...To be honest I would be suprised if we win, depends if the Germans field a strong side.
  6. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 16:27
    I never watch internationals, even if I am a little curious to see how Alan Smith peforms tonight. Not only are internationals dull, they're silly - Sam Allardyce wouldn't start Owen up front, he's obviously not fit, but McClaren predictably feels obliged. I wouldn't be surprised if he's crocked again after this.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 17:51
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    I never watch internationals, even if I am a little curious to see how Alan Smith peforms tonight. Not only are internationals dull, they're silly - Sam Allardyce wouldn't start Owen up front, he's obviously not fit, but McClaren predictably feels obliged. I wouldn't be surprised if he's crocked again after this.
    thats a good point you make. I think most people support their team more then they support the national team

i dont like seeing all of spurs players going o internation duty and coming back injured. i think a lot of others fans feel the same
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 18:43
    Originally posted by spurs73
    thats a good point you make. I think most people support their team more then they support the national team

i dont like seeing all of spurs players going o internation duty and coming back injured. i think a lot of others fans feel the same
    "England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty" 😠
  9. Porthmadog
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 19:30
    What a great player Freddy Eastwood is! Great goal for Wales tonight! An excellent performance by his Wolves team-mate Wayne Hennesy in goal as well! 🙂
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Aug '07 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by Ari Brenin Cymru
    What a great player Freddy Eastwood is! Great goal for Wales tonight! An excellent performance by his Wolves team-mate Wayne Hennesy in goal as well! 🙂
    i think young freddy has scored a goal in all his debuts. For southend, his new club and now for his country
  11. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 00:00
    What was the point of that game ,perhaps to try out new young talent like barry
  12. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 09:07
    Originally posted by spurs73

I always watch England. It can be painful, but it is a duty to watch every game. last night was better than some.

As a nation we a short of a goal scorer and a goal keeper.
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 11:48
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    What was the point of that game ,perhaps to try out new young talent like barry
    yep.. thats why he had James in goal for the second half!!!

England are a joke.. these games are the biggest JOKE! wast of time foreverybody.
    Thats why certain players get injured the day before the game.
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 11:49
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I always watch England. It can be painful, but it is a duty to watch every game. last night was better than some.

As a nation we a short of a goal scorer and a goal keeper.
    agreed.. it time to replace Robinson...both for engalnd AND SPURS!!!
  15. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 16:53
    I didn't watch it, but I caught a little bit of 606 afterwards, and I really laughed at one of the commentariat asking, "What has Steve McClaren learned tonight? Well, he's learned that Michael Owen is nowhere near fit."

He could have saved himself the hassle, phoned Big Sam or just watched our game with Villa last week to find out the same. Everyone knows. It was stark staring bonkers to play him - but it says a lot for the amateurishness of the England set-up that no-one was remotely surprised by Owen's inclusion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree