1. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 06:07
    I'm curious what the people of and around Green Bay think about the whole Favre controversy. From waaayy down here in the South, it looks like Favre is being a big ol' pain in the patoot.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 12:18
    I am certainly not from Green Bay but I think the Packers would have been a lot better with Favre as their starting quaterback.
    I'm from New York so I tried to imagine what it would be like if an aging but productive icon (say Jeter) were to be told we think we'd rather use some completely unproven guy who will probably be never 1/10 as good as you. I know that would be dumb and not go over well at all. I cannot imagine why Green Bay fans would feel differently about their icon.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 13:111 edit
    Galaxyshield is from Wisconsin...

Brett as a NY Jet. Weirdness, man.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 14:27
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Galaxyshield is from Wisconsin...

Brett as a NY Jet. Weirdness, man.
    You know, Farve would have been a NYJ, probably for his career, if he had only lasting one pick longer in the draft. Atlanta grabbed him right in front of the Jets who were poised to take him on the next pick. Then Atlanta trades him to GB and the rest is history. So maybe it has come full circle, so to speak. While I can certainly understand the frustration on the GB management at Farve's annual flip-flopping, they absolutely butchered their handling of the situation and the heat that will be turned up on Aaron Rodgers if he doesn't come out of the gate at full tilt boogie will be enormous.
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 17:08
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I am certainly not from Green Bay but I think the Packers would have been a lot better with Favre as their starting quaterback.
    I'm from New York so I tried to imagine what it would be like if an aging but productive icon (say Jeter) were to be told we think we'd rather use some completely unproven guy who will probably be never 1/10 as good as yo ...[text shortened]... ver well at all. I cannot imagine why Green Bay fans would feel differently about their icon.
    only thing is jeter is a nice guy, and a team player.. favre is getting under peoples skin...
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 17:27
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I'm curious what the people of and around Green Bay think about the whole Favre controversy. From waaayy down here in the South, it looks like Favre is being a big ol' pain in the patoot.
    Just another typical athlete who doesn't know when to call it quits so they hang on and hang on until they fade away into relative obscurity and diminish their legend status.

Add Favre to the list of guys who should have stayed retired:

Brett Favre
    Michael Jordan
    Magic Johnson
    Mario Lemeiux
    Roger Clemens
    Guy Lafleur
    Mike Tyson
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 18:09
    Originally posted by uzless
    [b]Just another typical athlete who doesn't know when to call it quits so they hang on and hang on until they fade away into relative obscurity and diminish their legend status.
    to be honest its hard to walk away from something you have been doing for most of your life.

I play football, only at sunday league level, but i can understand what he is going through.

Good luck to him with the NYJ
  8. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 18:20
    Just another typical athlete who doesn't know when to call it quits so they hang on and hang on until they fade away into relative obscurity and diminish their legend status.

Brett Favre
    Michael Jordan
    Magic Johnson
    Mario Lemeiux
    Roger Clemens
    Guy Lafleur
    Mike Tyson
    i know what you mean here, but maybe they still feel like they can make that perfect play still.. and i guess getting to this list is about hindsight.. like if griffey doesnt do anything good he will be moved right to the top 😉
    but if he gets on a hot streak next season or even sticks around long enough to break a record (i dont see it happening) people will give him props for his poise and patience
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 18:26
    Unlike Griffey, Favre is still a superstar. There is no reason for him to stop playing if he wishes to play.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 19:00

Brett Favre
    Michael Jordan
    Magic Johnson
    Mario Lemeiux
    Roger Clemens
    Guy Lafleur
    Mike Tyson
    Roger Clemens won another Cy Young award AFTER he came back from retirement. Guess he didn't have it any more? 😕
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 19:24
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Roger Clemens won another Cy Young award AFTER he came back from retirement. Guess he didn't have it any more? 😕
    Performance enhancers apparently really work. If the idea was to protect his legacy maybe Clemens should have retired when his skills diminished instead of augmenting them by cheating.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 19:38
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Performance enhancers apparently really work. If the idea was to protect his legacy maybe Clemens should have retired when his skills diminished instead of augmenting them by cheating.
    No matter when an athlete retires it doesn't stop people from besmirching his reputation with unproven accusations and ridiculous assumptions. The price of being great is that a lot of small minded losers feel a pathetic need to tear you down.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 19:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No matter when an athlete retires it doesn't stop people from besmirching his reputation with unproven accusations and ridiculous assumptions. The price of being great is that a lot of small minded losers feel a pathetic need to tear you down.
    Actually it is the other way around. The benefit of being a great athlete (or any entertainer) is small minded idiot (like no1) will defend you forever -- even when the fact show that you have no integrety and you were a cheater.

If Clemens is innocent then US Prosecutors are wrong, Senator Mitchell is wrong, your washed up buddy Andy Pettitte magically got his performance enhancing drugs from someone else, Brian McNamee's yet to be disproven evidence is fabricated.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 20:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    😉 You're being facetious right? You DID see the Rocket in the Senate hearings flanked by those 2 lawyers that flinched every time Clemens opened his mouth? Man, you could just feel the air leave the room when those guys anus started to pucker. Anyone who watched the hearings and still thinks Clemens didn't do steroids is...a really big fan of Roger Clemens.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 22:251 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    😉 You're being facetious right? You DID see the Rocket in the Senate hearings flanked by those 2 lawyers that flinched every time Clemens opened his mouth? Man, you could just feel the air leave the room when those guys anus started to pucker. Anyone who watched the hearings and still thinks Clemens didn't do steroids is...a really big fan of Roger Clemens.
    If you came in with the bias that you obviously did, whatever happened there reinforced your pre-conceived notions. There still isn't any evidence at all, besides the statements of an admitted felon, that Clemens used steroids. And there is ZERO evidence that Clemens post-Boston performance was effected by anything but his own ability.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree