Brewers get Sabathia

Brewers get Sabathia

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
12 Jul 08

Originally posted by badmoon
People around the western side of Wisconsin are good, kind. hard workers. People on the east side like around Milwaukee are generally a bunch unruly drunken louts. When I was at Met Stadium during Twins/Brewers games, those double wide Brewers fans looked bad, stunk, but wouldn't spill a lick of beer oh no.
Quite true. Everywhere else (except up North), like in the Central area where I live, is a pretty mixed bag of nice, drunk and ugly.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
12 Jul 08
1 edit

I love the Eau Claire area. Spent many summers up there as a kid.

n
The Conductor

With the band

Moves
13 Jul 08

Originally posted by badmoon
When I was at Met Stadium during Twins/Brewers games, those double wide Brewers fans looked bad, stunk, but wouldn't spill a lick of beer oh no.
You know, this was my observation as well when attending a Twins/Brewers game at Miller Park. I've never seen so much beer consumed at any sporting event. Neither have I heard such foul language. Of course, if I were a Brewers fan in 2006 it would drive me to drink and swear, too.

np

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
13 Jul 08

Originally posted by neonpeon41
Of course, if I were a Brewers fan in 2006 it would drive me to drink and swear, too.

np
Actually, 2006 was a good year for us. It was the first time we didn't have a losing record (we were 81-81) in I think more than a decade?

w

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I really don't understand this type of "fan". The Reds have won 4 in a row and are at 43-47; not great, but only 7 games out of the wild card with almost 3 months to go. If I were a Reds fan (NOT) I'd be trying to root them in, not saying how much they stink in every thread.
I am hard on them I admit, but at least I did not give them up for dead after they left their old stadium. For some odd reason I have trouble accepting a team with over a decade of loosing baseball. I know that type of loosing is foriegn to you.

w

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
I never thought it would happen, but the Milwaukee Brewers actually [b]made a trade to improve their pitching staff. I can't remember a time when Ben Sheets actually had someone around him who was consistent. Sabathia is 6-8, but in 9 of those starts he's had less than two runs of support, something that rarely happens in Milwaukee.

Think ...[text shortened]... e is contributing. They're looking pretty solid. More so than any other year I can remember.[/b]
Hats off to the Brewers, Sabathia just beat my Reds and prevented them from sweeping them. I only wish your front office and ownership were working for my Reds. The Brewers went out and got a quality starter to challenge for a play off birth and my Reds.....well.....they continue business as usual. 😞

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
18 Jul 08

I never thought it would happen, but the Milwaukee Brewers actually [b]made a trade to improve their pitching staff. I can't remember a time when Ben Sheets actually had someone around him who was consistent. Sabathia is 6-8, but in 9 of those starts he's had less than two runs of support, something that rarely happens in Milwaukee.

Think ...[text shortened]... e is contributing. They're looking pretty solid. More so than any other year I can remember.[/b]
Wild card? I believe there is a four game Brewers vs Cubs series in Milwaukee coming up. Never aim for second place.

n
The Conductor

With the band

Moves
19 Jul 08

Aren't Sabathia and Sheets both free agents after this season? Just how willing is your front office to keep both and help ensure that if you make the playoffs this year you will be in a position to do it again?

np