1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 03:011 edit
    I never thought it would happen, but the Milwaukee Brewers actually made a trade to improve their pitching staff. I can't remember a time when Ben Sheets actually had someone around him who was consistent. Sabathia is 6-8, but in 9 of those starts he's had less than two runs of support, something that rarely happens in Milwaukee.

Think they're now good enough to win the Wild Card? Hardy has been knocking a lot of homers lately, and everyone else is contributing. They're looking pretty solid. More so than any other year I can remember.
  2. Subscribermallys7
    Digital Man
    Cuyahoga Falls OH
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 03:43
    C.C. was turning his season around to last year's Cy Young form. Should help the Brewers out greatly. As an Indians fan you knew he was going to be gone when he turned down $72 million for four years during spring training and couple that with the putrid offense this season... nuf' said...
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 06:14
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I never thought it would happen, but the Milwaukee Brewers actually [b]made a trade to improve their pitching staff. I can't remember a time when Ben Sheets actually had someone around him who was consistent. Sabathia is 6-8, but in 9 of those starts he's had less than two runs of support, something that rarely happens in Milwaukee.

Think ...[text shortened]... e is contributing. They're looking pretty solid. More so than any other year I can remember.[/b]
    Personally, I'd love it if the Brewers won the wild card, they are a great
    team. 🙂 Of course I'm pulling for the Cubs to win it all, but I'm sure
    that isn't a news flash to anyone.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 06:37
    A Cubs-Rays World Series would be sick.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 12:30
    I never thought it would happen, but the Milwaukee Brewers actually [b]made a trade to improve their pitching staff. I can't remember a time when Ben Sheets actually had someone around him who was consistent. Sabathia is 6-8, but in 9 of those starts he's had less than two runs of support, something that rarely happens in Milwaukee.

Think ...[text shortened]... e is contributing. They're looking pretty solid. More so than any other year I can remember.[/b]
    I'm very happy that fat goofy pig is finally out of the AL. He had the Jays' number every time he was on the mound.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:06

Congrats!! I don't know that they can make the wild card but I will say their chances are significantly better.

Don't you worry, my Reds are about to play a series with the Cubs. After we sweep them the Brewers will be that much closer to winning the division!!

Just kidding, actually I will be suprised if they take one game from the Cubies.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:14
    {still mourning the nose-diving Padres} :'(
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 16:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Congrats!! I don't know that they can make the wild card but I will say their chances are significantly better.

Don't you worry, my Reds are about to play a series with the Cubs. After we sweep them the Brewers will be that much closer to winning the division!!

Just kidding, actually I will be suprised if they take one game from the Cubies.
    I really don't understand this type of "fan". The Reds have won 4 in a row and are at 43-47; not great, but only 7 games out of the wild card with almost 3 months to go. If I were a Reds fan (NOT) I'd be trying to root them in, not saying how much they stink in every thread.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 17:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I really don't understand this type of "fan". The Reds have won 4 in a row and are at 43-47; not great, but only 7 games out of the wild card with almost 3 months to go. If I were a Reds fan (NOT) I'd be trying to root them in, not saying how much they stink in every thread.
    Ha! You're certainly one to talk Mr. The-Yankees-and-their-fancy-new-stadium-are-dead-to-me. 😵
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:46
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Ha! You're certainly one to talk Mr. The-Yankees-and-their-fancy-new-stadium-are-dead-to-me. 😵
    I'm still rooting for them this year rather than falling into a funk because they aren't in first place.

BTW, how bout them Jays??? LOSER!!
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 19:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    BTW, how bout them Jays??? LOSER!!
    Cito's gonna lead us back to the promise land. You'll see! Just like Gibbs in Washington... 😞
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 04:561 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Personally, I'd love it if the Brewers won the wild card, they are a great
    team. 🙂 Of course I'm pulling for the Cubs to win it all, but I'm sure
    that isn't a news flash to anyone.
    Kelly
    Nuff said, Cubs will break the curse! GO CUBBIES!!! Oh yeah this thread is about Sabathia, how about the Cubs landing Rich Hardin? 🙂
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 13:27
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    How about the Cubs landing Rich Hardin? 🙂
    Major injury risk.
  14. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 19:0313 edits
    Rich Harden's line for the Cubs today:

IP 5.1
    Hits 5
    Runs 0
    ER 0
    BB 3
    K 10
    HR 0
    ERA 0.00

I'd say that's a good start.
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 19:43
    People around the western side of Wisconsin are good, kind. hard workers. People on the east side like around Milwaukee are generally a bunch unruly drunken louts. When I was at Met Stadium during Twins/Brewers games, those double wide Brewers fans looked bad, stunk, but wouldn't spill a lick of beer oh no.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree