1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 12:17
    His credentials as a player are not in question... but can anyone give me any kind of positive comments about him as a Manager? (Baggies fans? Boro fans?)

I'm really struggling with this bloke, he's had 6 months at the Lane now and he's taken us 3 steps backwards...
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 19:19
    Originally posted by blade68
    His credentials as a player are not in question... but can anyone give me any kind of positive comments about him as a Manager? (Baggies fans? Boro fans?)

I'm really struggling with this bloke, he's had 6 months at the Lane now and he's taken us 3 steps backwards...
    THE MOST OVER RATED MANAGER IN THE HISTORY OF BRITISH FOOTBALL
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    23 Dec '07 21:10
    hes a very poor manager sheffield should be up top challenging to get back to the premier league not in bottom half of table
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 00:51
    Originally posted by spurs73
    THE MOST OVER RATED MANAGER IN THE HISTORY OF BRITISH FOOTBALL
    ...at the moment I wouldn't disagree... but I'm still waiting for Roy Keane to fall on his hairy Irish arse!!!

๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 10:08
    ...at the moment I wouldn't disagree... but I'm still waiting for Roy Keane to fall on his hairy Irish arse!!!

๐Ÿ˜‰
    LOL... i thought i was the only one who did not rate the thug.. opps..sorry i mean mr. roy keane๐Ÿ˜€

He made me laugh the other day when he said after the sunderland/ chelsea game how some players put pressure on refs etc....

kettle, black, calling.....all comes to mind๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 11:10
    LOL... i thought i was the only one who did not rate the thug.. opps..sorry i mean mr. roy keane๐Ÿ˜€

He made me laugh the other day when he said after the sunderland/ chelsea game how some players put pressure on refs etc....

... and yet you'd think he'd have a different outlook having played under Brian Clough wouldn't you?
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 13:59
    ... and yet you'd think he'd have a different outlook having played under Brian Clough wouldn't you?
    so Blade68, what is robson doing wrong at United?

You guys beat us at home last season and i was expecting u guys to come stright back, or at least be in contention.

Who would you liked to have seen take over?
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 18:59
    so Blade68, what is robson doing wrong at United?

You guys beat us at home last season and i was expecting u guys to come stright back, or at least be in contention.

Who would you liked to have seen take over?
    Well, Warnock shouldn't have been allowed to leave in my opinion... he'd still be manager if Sean Bean had kept his mouth shut.

On paper, we have one of the best (if not the best) squad in The Championship.
    Last season, United fought for 95 minutes of every game.
    This season, no passion.
    Problem, motivation?
    Reason, manager?

Any Blade would agree that our season hasn't even started yet, and we're 6 points off the play-offs - that tells me that this League is a pile of mediocrity.
    All we've ever needed is a midfield general, we still miss Stuart McCall.

We lost Jags to Everton, but he was never a match winner, Jags was a bread and butter player - very consistent.
    Tonge hasn't performed for 3 years now, it's time for someone to come and bid silly money for him based on his performances from yonks ago... he can go, he's a waste of a shirt.
    Gillespie is still quality, but lacks consistency and confidence.
    Monty is a battler, and will never be any better than that.
    Alan and Steve Quinn have big hearts, but cannot take a game by the scruff of the neck.

We have plenty of underperforming strikers to pick from, but any striker can only be as good as the service he's provided with - hence the requirement for a decent midfielder.

Robson will probably go out in January and give a last big payday to one of his over the hill mates (Yorke/Cole)... and then moan that he's not been given any money to waste!

I said 5 years ago that Lee Trundle was worth investing in, but only Bristol City were listening!!!
    Jason Koumas could do a job for us, but other than him I can't really think of anyone that we could afford!
  9. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 18:53
    I think robson made a cracking signing in james beatie in the summer but hes struggled.Lee trundle was with my team last season the swans and since he went for a million pounds swans are a much better team and to be honest he isnt even in the bristol team at moment.
    i think tonge is ok but i think hes a league one player now he used to be outstanding but as you say hes had his day already ๐Ÿ™‚.
    i was watching sky sports news and robson is interested in hoolahan of blackpool but i cant see him leaving to go to the blades.๐Ÿ™‚.
    The league is very close and i watched WBA hammer bristol on weekend and bristol were 3rd and were terrible just shows that the championship isnt that strong a league it wouldnt surprise me if after a few signings that sheffield go up through the play offs.
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 15:09
    Blades 0-1 Palace...

Robson has to go.
    No passion in the first half, and pure desperation throughout the second...
    The players don't appear to have any direction, there are no obvious set piece procedures, and I'm left wondering what they do every day in training...

1 point from 9 over Christmas is a very poor return for a side that were in The Prem last season.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 18:15
    Blades 0-1 Palace...

Robson has to go.
    No passion in the first half, and pure desperation throughout the second...
    The players don't appear to have any direction, there are no obvious set piece procedures, and I'm left wondering what they do every day in training...

1 point from 9 over Christmas is a very poor return for a side that were in The Prem last season.
    i watched the first half on sky.... could not beleive i was watching the same Blades team i had watched last season in the prem league.

What has happened to you guys.....its amazing....no passion, no real skill (sorry Blade68) no pride in the shirt and a very poor team performance
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 20:13
    i watched the first half on sky.... could not beleive i was watching the same Blades team i had watched last season in the prem league.

What has happened to you guys.....its amazing....no passion, no real skill (sorry Blade68) no pride in the shirt and a very poor team performance
    I agree totally with your comments...

Bramall Lane has been an intimidating place to come for visiting sides over the last 5 or 6 years... but the likes of Blackpool are turning up with 10 men these days and taking points away.

It hurts.
    I just wish the manager knew how much?

We've got the derby fixture coming up at Swillsborough in January... I'm not looking forward to going there with zero confidence and no heart...
    I'm quite sad at the moment...

:'(
  13. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 18:50

OI!!! leave Keano alone, the thread was about Bryan Robson...
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 21:01
    I agree totally with your comments...

Bramall Lane has been an intimidating place to come for visiting sides over the last 5 or 6 years... but the likes of Blackpool are turning up with 10 men these days and taking points away.

It hurts.
    I just wish the manager knew how much?

We've got the derby fixture coming up at Swillsborough in January... I'm ...[text shortened]... to going there with zero confidence and no heart...
    I'm quite sad at the moment...

:'(
    well i am delighted with your ex manager - he has put spirit in the Place side and 10ptd over christmas is fantastic.looking forward to 20 strikers arrivingin the transer window ๐Ÿ™‚
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 21:20
    Originally posted by cantspell
    well i am delighted with your ex manager - he has put spirit in the Place side and 10ptd over christmas is fantastic.looking forward to 20 strikers arrivingin the transer window ๐Ÿ™‚
    You'll not go far wrong with Sir Neil... he'll certainly get you in to the play-offs...

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on with Jordan when he goes to him looking for some money though!!!

Warnock's 'big money' buys have not always been the most successful... he's far better getting the very best out of mediocre/decent players...

Overal though, you've got yersens a good solid manager...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree