05 Jan '08 17:28
    Bolton 0-1 Blades...

Robson gets a reprieve this week!
  2. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 09:35
    Originally posted by blade68
    His credentials as a player are not in question... but can anyone give me any kind of positive comments about him as a Manager? (Baggies fans? Boro fans?)

I'm really struggling with this bloke, he's had 6 months at the Lane now and he's taken us 3 steps backwards...
    Player = Legend

Manager = Clueless

Obviously learnt nothing from Ferguson.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 14:11
    his first 4 or 5 years at Boro were brilliant, the team played good football, a few cup finals, we got to see the magic of juniniho, emerson, ravanelli, festa, mark schwarzer, nicky barmby. i dont think he was the best manager in the world, but we had a few good years under him, way better than the boring days of mclaren. although he did have millions to spend, i dont think robsons had that luxuary at any of his other clubs.
  4. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 14:45
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    his first 4 or 5 years at Boro were brilliant, the team played good football, a few cup finals, we got to see the magic of juniniho, emerson, ravanelli, festa, mark schwarzer, nicky barmby. i dont think he was the best manager in the world, but we had a few good years under him, way better than the boring days of mclaren. although he did have millions to spend, i dont think robsons had that luxuary at any of his other clubs.
    Don't forget relegation though.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 17:09
    no the the relegation is a historical error, it never happened, the original records of that season have been lost in the mists of time, historians have tried to outline what they thought happened, but in truth boro turned a corner in december and marched up the table, almost winning the title, missing out lifting the cup after having three points deducted for not turning out against blackburn. this is the truth. i was there man.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 19:08
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    no the the relegation is a historical error, it never happened, the original records of that season have been lost in the mists of time, historians have tried to outline what they thought happened, but in truth boro turned a corner in december and marched up the table, almost winning the title, missing out lifting the cup after having three points deducted for not turning out against blackburn. this is the truth. i was there man.
    ... and on drugs by the sound of it!

😉
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 14:06
    blade, ye're just after signing Martin on loan from United. He's an excellent prospect, although having signed him from Wimbledon for 1m at 16, I'd have hoped he'd have made more of a breakthrough by now.

He's lightning fast, and seems to be quite a clever footballer. Keep us posted on how he gets on.

I think that a deal like this is Robson's biggest asset. He did the same with WBA, when a few loan deals kept them up. With a little luck and another couple of quality loan signings, Sheffield United might not get relegated again this season.

D
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 20:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    blade, ye're just after signing Martin on loan from United. He's an excellent prospect, although having signed him from Wimbledon for 1m at 16, I'd have hoped he'd have made more of a breakthrough by now.

He's lightning fast, and seems to be quite a clever footballer. Keep us posted on how he gets on.

I think that a deal like this is Robson's bigges ...[text shortened]... of quality loan signings, Sheffield United might not get relegated again this season.

D
    ...but it doesn't take any managerial ability to contact one of your old clubs to see which youngsters they want to give some experience to does it?
    We've got Bardsley on loan already from ManYoo.... we're just becoming ManYoo's nursery team.... we have our own academy, which has/is producing some good talent... why isn't Robson giving our youngsters a chance? Why raid another team?

If Martin's any good, ManYoo will want him back anyway... there's no long term future in loan signings - I'm not a fan of them.

By the way - interesting fact No 659:
    When the Old Trafford crowd chant 'There's only one United', it's true! Unfortunately they should delve in to the history books to read up on which team was actually 'the first United'.... it's us!!!!
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 09:46
    Blades 2-1 Richest Club In England...

The sun's starting to shine down in S2... the 2nd half display was a lot more promising - the passion is back!

The big test for Robson is next week over at Swillsborough.... bring it on!
  10. LA
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 11:001 edit
    ...but it doesn't take any managerial ability to contact one of your old clubs to see which youngsters they want to give some experience to does it?
    We've got Bardsley on loan already from ManYoo.... we're just becoming ManYoo's nursery team.... we have our own academy, which has/is producing some good talent... why isn't Robson giving our youngsters a chan ry books to read up on which team was actually 'the first United'.... it's us!!!!
    Maybe its true, i don't know.

I know this, just about anyone with a pulse, when they hear the two words football and Sheffield.
    The word that almost always pops into their mind next will be Wednesday ;0)
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 12:451 edit
    We've got Bardsley on loan already from ManYoo.... we're just becoming ManYoo's nursery team.... we have our own academy, which has/is producing some good talent... why isn't Robson giving our youngsters a chan ry books to read up on which team was actually 'the first United'.... it's us!!!!
    i would REC this if i was a paid member😉

Guys U know what, this is what its comingto now, man U, Aesenal and chelsea, are just usingthe rest of the league to test out there youngstars...have a look over the last 3 season and see how many players have loaned out by this three teams likes of B'ham, fulham, charlton, etc

even spurs do it!
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 13:54
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Maybe its true, i don't know.

I know this, just about anyone with a pulse, when they hear the two words football and Sheffield.
    The word that almost always pops into their mind next will be Wednesday ;0)
    You're not wrong, but that's simply because they've got a daft moniker.

Mention Sheffield, and people think steel... we are The Blades!
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 17:29
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i would REC this if i was a paid member😉

Guys U know what, this is what its comingto now, man U, Aesenal and chelsea, are just usingthe rest of the league to test out there youngstars...have a look over the last 3 season and see how many players have loaned out by this three teams likes of B'ham, fulham, charlton, etc

even spurs do it!
    So? Most continental leagues don't even have a reserve league, so the only chance reserves have of football is loan moves.

Look at the case of Ryan Shawcross at Stoke. He's been their outstanding defender this year, scoring 6 goals. That loan deal has now been turned into a transfer. Do you maintain only United benefitted from that deal?

Look at Birmingham last season, gained promotion due to the contributions of a number of Arsenal players.

Look at Bryan Robson's WBA, stayed up due to the superb performances of Kieran Richardson.

Look at Sunderland last season, gained promotion with some United youngsters excelling (Simpson and Evans off the top of my head)

You're being dishonest by insinuating that loan deals only help the big 3. Why would you prefer if the young (mostly English players that I mentioned above) had no chance of first team football?

D
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 17:45
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So? Most continental leagues don't even have a reserve league, so the only chance reserves have of football is loan moves.

Look at the case of Ryan Shawcross at Stoke. He's been their outstanding defender this year, scoring 6 goals. That loan deal has now been turned into a transfer. Do you maintain only United benefitted from that deal?

Look at B ...[text shortened]... g (mostly English players that I mentioned above) had no chance of first team football?

D
    I did not say that just the top 3 benefit,,, even Spurs loan out their players. Ohare, hiudleston to name two.

regarding young english players not getting first team football, well thats another issue. Its the price of modern football.

Its going to effect the English national team more and more as the years go by.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 17:56
    Originally posted by spurs73
    I did not say that just the top 3 benefit,,, even Spurs loan out their players. Ohare, hiudleston to name two.

regarding young english players not getting first team football, well thats another issue. Its the price of modern football.

Its going to effect the English national team more and more as the years go by.
    I don't think I understand your original point...
    "Guys U know what, this is what its comingto now, man U, Aesenal and chelsea, are just usingthe rest of the league to test out there youngstars...have a look over the last 3 season and see how many players have loaned out by this three teams likes of B'ham, fulham, charlton, etc "

Is it just an observation, or do you view it as a negative thing?

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree