1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414348
    01 Mar '10 04:41
    Canada has the most Gold Medals ever won at the Winter games with that number 14. Also was their first Gold Medal ever on Canadian soil.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66518
    01 Mar '10 05:38
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Canada has the most Gold Medals ever won at the Winter games with that number 14. Also was their first Gold Medal ever on Canadian soil.
    Sort of soothes the pain of the two previous times they hosted the Olympics and posted a big goose egg.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414348
    01 Mar '10 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Sort of soothes the pain of the two previous times they hosted the Olympics and posted a big goose egg.
    And then some, now were top of the world when it comes to Gold Medals at Winter Games! 😉 Go Canada Go!!! 🙂
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66518
    01 Mar '10 19:10
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    And then some, now were top of the world when it comes to Gold Medals at Winter Games! 😉 Go Canada Go!!! 🙂
    I guess one out of three is a good average eh???? 😛😉
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414348
    01 Mar '10 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I guess one out of three is a good average eh???? 😛😉
    I know your math is way better than that!

    Don't you mean 14 Gold in one is Excellent? 😛

    We set a world record here, no one else has done this in the Winter Games!

    You're suppose to bow, and say well done! 😉
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10260
    01 Mar '10 20:25
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I know your math is way better than that!

    Don't you mean 14 Gold in one is Excellent? 😛

    We set a world record here, no one else has done this in the Winter Games!

    You're suppose to bow, and say well done! 😉
    if you look at the number of golds won to number of gold available ratio, canada have broken no records 😛
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414348
    02 Mar '10 02:051 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    if you look at the number of golds won to number of gold available ratio, canada have broken no records 😛
    Ok Clueless! 😛

    Canada has won more Gold Medals in The Winter Games than any ONE Country winning 14. The old record was 13. Get Raven 69 to explain it to you, if you still don't understand. 😛
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    23415
    02 Mar '10 02:57
    The point was the U.S.S.R had the old record at 13 gold medals... but then again that was a bunch of countries working together in one. Now all those countries that separated compete under their own country name. Back then there were way less events I think is the point he was trying to make. So for us Canadians to get 14 now with more events breaks the record but the ratio of available gold to the # won (14) isn't as impressive as winning 13 gold before compared to the amount available (way less back then).

    Canada did awesome either way 🙂
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414348
    02 Mar '10 03:16
    Originally posted by pijun
    The point was the U.S.S.R had the old record at 13 gold medals... but then again that was a bunch of countries working together in one. Now all those countries that separated compete under their own country name. Back then there were way less events I think is the point he was trying to make. So for us Canadians to get 14 now with more events breaks the re ...[text shortened]... fore compared to the amount available (way less back then).

    Canada did awesome either way 🙂
    I think Norway also had 13 at one time if I am not mistaken.

    Yes, after not having any Gold in our previous two Winter Olympics at Home, it is really a big accomplishment. Plus no one has more for now, and will not for at least 4 years. 😉
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    02 Mar '10 04:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I think Norway also had 13 at one time if I am not mistaken.

    Yes, after not having any Gold in our previous two Winter Olympics at Home, it is really a big accomplishment. Plus no one has more for now, and will not for at least 4 years. 😉
    Well done, Canada! Gold standard and great games. I was thoroughly impressed! Hope the Russian games are this good!
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    05 Mar '10 12:251 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Canada has the most Gold Medals ever won at the Winter games with that number 14. Also was their first Gold Medal ever on Canadian soil.
    This has to exceed Canadian expectations, the fact they won gold in both men's and women's hockey was even sweeter. There must have been a lot of pressure on both teams
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414348
    05 Mar '10 16:571 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    This has to exceed Canadian expectations, the fact they won gold in both men's and women's hockey was even sweeter. There must have been a lot of pressure on both teams
    You think? 😛 😉
Back to Top