1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 05:51
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Hey, no shame in USA loss and all praise to Canada. I really thought USA was firmly in their heads after that 24.2" in regulation tie. Congrats in order for Canada! Gracious winners as well! I hvae nothing but warm fuzzies for team Canada and your great nation!!!
    Another thought. Taking nothing away from Canada's win, but they were the OVERWHELMING favorites to win it all. Hell they had 9 NHL All Stars on their squad compared to 2 on the USA squad. The UD+SA squad was figured to be a 4th or 5th place finish.

Second, the USA was the only team to beat Canada. Canada beat the USA in one game, in overtime. Canada was outscored 7-6 between the two games. Canada had many more shots on goal, but less to show for it.

Believe me, Canada would have been disgraced to lose that game, and they nearly did.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 15:502 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Another thought. Taking nothing away from Canada's win, but they were the OVERWHELMING favorites to win it all. Hell they had 9 NHL All Stars on their squad compared to 2 on the USA squad. The UD+SA squad was figured to be a 4th or 5th place finish.

Second, the USA was the only team to beat Canada. Canada beat the USA in one game, in overtime. Canada ...[text shortened]... for it.

Believe me, Canada would have been disgraced to lose that game, and they nearly did.
    LOL....The U.S have a good group of young NHL'ers Who you will see in the all star games of the future, they just don't have the names yet.

The U.S. doesn't kid anyone in Canada when they came in saying they were the underdogs...The most talanted team was The Russians, the most talent doesn't always give you victory. 😉

I don't think we would be disgraced, actually we take a lost game way better than our friends to the South do. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree