Canada vs. U.S. Re-Match

Canada vs. U.S. Re-Match

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 10
1 edit

Canada squeaked by Slovakia 3-2.

Game two Canada vs. U.S. on Sunday!

Should be interesting! The first goal seems to be the most important one in 16 of 18 games the team scoring first has Won!

Now, the U.S. will actually have some pressure on them!

s

Moves
27 Feb 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Canada squeaked by Slovakia 3-2.

Game two Canada vs. U.S. on Sunday!

Should be interesting! The first goal seems to be the most important one in 16 of 18 games the team scoring first has Won!

Now, the U.S. will actually have some pressure on them!
Canada will have way more pressure than USA. Never forget they were not expected to medal, let alone be in the final! Canada cannot settle for silver. Pressure? Talk about pressure!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Canada will have way more pressure than USA. Never forget they were not expected to medal, let alone be in the final! Canada cannot settle for silver. Pressure? Talk about pressure!
Do you think the U.S. will go into the game feeling no pressure? Have you ever played the game? The coach did a good job telling the media over and over that they were the underdogs. No one here in Canada believed that, did you?

Would you believe Canada would beat the Russians as easy as they did? After all the Russians were the most talanted team there. 😉

s

Moves
27 Feb 10

Do you think the U.S. will go into the game feeling no pressure? Have you ever played the game? The coach did a good job telling the media over and over that they were the underdogs. No one here in Canada believed that, did you?

Would you believe Canada would beat the Russians as easy as they did? After all the Russians were the most talanted team there. 😉
Like I said, Cnada will feel way more pressure. I never said USA would feel none. Any high stakes game is a pressure cooker, yet lower expectations tend to rleieve such pressure somewhat. Don't tell me you don't think USA are the uderdogs in this rematch?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 10

Like I said, Cnada will feel way more pressure. I never said USA would feel none. Any high stakes game is a pressure cooker, yet lower expectations tend to rleieve such pressure somewhat. Don't tell me you don't think USA are the uderdogs in this rematch?
I have never thought the Russians or U.S. or Slovakia were underdogs right from the start, before any games had been played. I watch a lot of hockey, and these players play in the NHL...I didn't know much about the Swiz, as they only had two NHL'ers on their team.

Yes, U.S.A. will feel the pressure, you can count on that, they want to beat Canada badly. Can Miller (their goalie) win another one for them will be the question? I don't think either team will be happy with Silver Medal.

s

Moves
27 Feb 10

I have never thought the Russians or U.S. or Slovakia were underdogs right from the start, before any games had been played. I watch a lot of hockey, and these players play in the NHL...I didn't know much about the Swiz, as they only had two NHL'ers on their team.

Yes, U.S.A. will feel the pressure, you can count on that, they want to beat Canada badly ...[text shortened]... one for them will be the question? I don't think either team will be happy with Silver Medal.
Of course neither team would be happy with silver, but for Canada it would be a national tragedy and for USA only a big disappointment. You know way more about the sport than I ever will. I seem to like Olympic hockey way better than NHL. I might someday go to a live game, which I understand is way more exciting than on TV.

At any rate, whomever wins will be a credit to their nations. No shame in a silver medal at all! I wish Canada luck, but of course root for USA to win.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 10

Of course neither team would be happy with silver, but for Canada it would be a national tragedy and for USA only a big disappointment. You know way more about the sport than I ever will. I seem to like Olympic hockey way better than NHL. I might someday go to a live game, which I understand is way more exciting than on TV.

At any rate, whomever wins ...[text shortened]... tions. No shame in a silver medal at all! I wish Canada luck, but of course root for USA to win.
I think too big a deal is made of Canada having to win the Gold Medal, personally.

I think any medal you win at an Olympics, or World Championships is good. I am Canadian, not as many of us as you might think would believe it to be a national tragedy. 😉 Not to win a medal at all, now that is always a big tragedy!

I am looking forward to the game, I think it is going to be entertaining. Like I said, can Miller steal another one, we will see!

s

Moves
27 Feb 10

I think too big a deal is made of Canada having to win the Gold Medal, personally.

I think any medal you win at an Olympics, or World Championships is good. I am Canadian, not as many of us as you might think would believe it to be a national tragedy. 😉 Not to win a medal at all, now that is always a big tragedy!

I am looking forward to the game, I think it is going to be entertaining. Like I said, can Miller steal another one, we will see!
You don't steal games. Canada could have pulled Brodeur and opted not to. Not USA's fault. If Canada can't solve the Miller riddle USA will be golden!!!! Allez, USA!!!! Alons l'enfants Americaines!!!!!!!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 10

You don't steal games. Canada could have pulled Brodeur and opted not to. Not USA's fault. If Canada can't solve the Miller riddle USA will be golden!!!! Allez, USA!!!! Alons l'enfants Americaines!!!!!!!
Yes, A goalie can Steal a game or two for their team. This is what it is called when a team gets outshot 2-1 but still win the game. It had to do with their Goalie stealing one for them! I hope you have learned a little bit about what is meant by stealing a game.

Brodeur had nothing to do with Miller stealing a game. I would have kept Brodeur in also, no reason to take him out because of how well Miller was playing. Brodeur obviously let in a couple bad goals, but he is still a world class goal tender, and you will see him in the Hockey Hall of Fame, after he retires from hockey. One bad game or a few bad goals in a game doesn't make a Goalies career.

Don't count the Canadians out yet! 😉

s

Moves
27 Feb 10

Yes, A goalie can Steal a game or two for their team. This is what it is called when a team gets outshot 2-1 but still win the game. It had to do with their Goalie stealing one for them! I hope you have learned a little bit about what is meant by stealing a game.

Brodeur had nothing to do with Miller stealing a game. I would have kept Brodeur in also, ...[text shortened]... ew bad goals in a game doesn't make a Goalies career.

Don't count the Canadians out yet! 😉
Perhaps I simply do not understand hockey parlance. What I do understand is that Miller then beat a worldclass goalie and therefore beat Luongo as well. Pressure's on Canada all the way. Even you say Canada squeaked by Slovakia, whereas USA destroyed Finland. Simple math. I place my money on the underdog USA!!!!!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 10

Perhaps I simply do not understand hockey parlance. What I do understand is that Miller then beat a worldclass goalie and therefore beat Luongo as well. Pressure's on Canada all the way. Even you say Canada squeaked by Slovakia, whereas USA destroyed Finland. Simple math. I place my money on the underdog USA!!!!!
What you don't understand is Hiller IS A WORLD CLASS GOALIE!

When You talk about placing your money are talking real money? If so how much?

I think that is just more hot air, like the U.S. being underdogs was, and IS!

r

Moves
28 Feb 10

GO CANADA!!

s

Moves
28 Feb 10

Originally posted by rmacken
GO CANADA!!
Go USA!!!!! Alez les enfants terribles! Alez USA, all the way!!!!!

TD8

Moves
01 Mar 10

Interesting to compare the Juniors to this eh?

Canada scored twice in the last 5 minutes of the third to send it to overtime before Carle from the US scored to win gold.

Here Crosby reversed it after Parise buried with 24 seconds. GO CANADA MAN AM I FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s

Moves
01 Mar 10

Originally posted by The Dude 84
Interesting to compare the Juniors to this eh?

Canada scored twice in the last 5 minutes of the third to send it to overtime before Carle from the US scored to win gold.

Here Crosby reversed it after Parise buried with 24 seconds. GO CANADA MAN AM I FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, no shame in USA loss and all praise to Canada. I really thought USA was firmly in their heads after that 24.2" in regulation tie. Congrats in order for Canada! Gracious winners as well! I hvae nothing but warm fuzzies for team Canada and your great nation!!!