Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 27 Feb '10 04:48
    Canada just beat Slovakia. It's now Canada vs the US for gold on Sunday ( I think).

    Who do you think's gonna win.
    Comments and opinions
  2. 27 Feb '10 05:23
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    Canada just beat Slovakia. It's now Canada vs the US for gold on Sunday ( I think).

    Who do you think's gonna win.
    Comments and opinions
    Don't know enough hockey to offer intelligent opinion. However, I strongly feel Canada will have more pressure to win and USA will be a comfortable underdog. If USA watches the Canada-Slovakia film carefully they should develop sound strategy on how to defeat them. Biggest factor is Brodeur being subbed by Luongo, a much better keeper. USA will hvae a lot tougher time scoring against Luongo! USA cannot get outshot like the first game and expect to win!
  3. 27 Feb '10 14:39
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    Canada just beat Slovakia. It's now Canada vs the US for gold on Sunday ( I think).

    Who do you think's gonna win.
    Comments and opinions
    USA, USA, USA, USA!!
  4. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    27 Feb '10 15:55
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    Canada just beat Slovakia. It's now Canada vs the US for gold on Sunday ( I think).

    Who do you think's gonna win.
    Comments and opinions
    I think the USA has the edge. Canada has a strong team, but they seem disorganized at times.
  5. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Feb '10 18:24
    Originally posted by bill718
    I think the USA has the edge. Canada has a strong team, but they seem disorganized at times.
    The question should be.

    Can Miller steal another game? They certainly don't want to press their luck on being outshot 2-1 again.
  6. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    27 Feb '10 21:14
    The key is who will pitch for the US. We have some strong power hitters, and good defense. If our pitching is solid we should have no problems with those crazy Canucks.

    I think the relief pitching could be the difference!!
  7. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    27 Feb '10 22:58
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The key is who will pitch for the US. We have some strong power hitters, and good defense. If our pitching is solid we should have no problems with those crazy Canucks.

    I think the relief pitching could be the difference!!
    ROFLMAO.... That's baseball silly!!!
  8. 28 Feb '10 18:10
    GO CANADA!!
  9. 28 Feb '10 22:40
    Originally posted by rmacken
    GO CANADA!!
    Break out the Xanax, Zoloft and hide the Canadian whiskey if Canada loses! Alez, USA, all the way!!!!! Parise breaks collective Canadian hearst!
  10. 28 Feb '10 22:55
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Break out the Xanax, Zoloft and hide the Canadian whiskey if Canada loses! Alez, USA, all the way!!!!! Parise breaks collective Canadian hearst!
    Congrats to Canada on a wonderfully and richly deserved gold medal win!!!!! I really thought they'd cave under the pressure of overtime. But they did not!
  11. 28 Feb '10 23:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Congrats to Canada on a wonderfully and richly deserved gold medal win!!!!! I really thought they'd cave under the pressure of overtime. But they did not!
    did the us even get a shot in in overtime? you have to question the coaching staff for not keeping the momentum going room scoring the late goal... they were poor in ot.
  12. 01 Mar '10 00:28
    Originally posted by trev33
    did the us even get a shot in in overtime? you have to question the coaching staff for not keeping the momentum going room scoring the late goal... they were poor in ot.
    The US got 4 shots...Canada has too many game breakers and it turns out you can't keep em all down all tourney! YYYIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Another immortal moment for Canadian puck!!!!

    WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE US played terrific they have a lot to be proud of, but GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    02 Mar '10 17:00
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    The US got 4 shots...Canada has too many game breakers and it turns out you can't keep em all down all tourney! YYYIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Another immortal moment for Canadian puck!!!!

    WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE US played terrific they have a lot to be proud of, but GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't know why everyone says how great U.S. played? Just being Polite?

    If not for Miller who is one of the ELITE goalies in the NHL today, hadn't played his best hockey the U.S. wouldn't have been in the medal round. It is Miller who was the reason that the U.S. were NOT UNDERDOGS, plus a few of the young stars!

    I believe they have a lot of young talent on that team who are going to get much better over the next 4 years, if they can all stay healthy. The U.S. should be one of the favorites in Russia in 2014 providing the NHL Brass agree to allow them to play in it.

    Two of the Russian Stars have already said publicly they will be playing for Russia rather the NHL approve or not.