1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 22:57
    Hats off. Canada pulled off a pressure cooker overtime win! Very well deserved! Candian crowd very gracious and non-gloating. Sportsmanship of very first order!
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:00
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Hats off. Canada pulled off a pressure cooker overtime win! Very well deserved! Candian crowd very gracious and non-gloating. Sportsmanship of very first order!
    great game !!!
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:21
    This was one game I did not want to see anyone lose. Two evenly matched teams for the gold medal. Hockey at it's finest!😏
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 23:29
    Great game,,, fun to watch,,,what more can we ask for?
  6. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:29
    Crosby with an overtime snipe holy god he's done it all now. He's got nothing left for an encore...in 12 months he's captained his team to a cup win and now this!!

All he can do is repeat what he's done...the kid is 22!!

FANTASTIC GAME!
  7. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:30
    Im happy for Thornton and Luongo, two fantastic players who can claim a championship after developing a reputation for not delivering in big games. If Luongo lost tonight he'd never hear the end of it!!

CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY!!!!!

Hopefully this will do a lot to turn people around the world on to hockey
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:36
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    Crosby with an overtime snipe holy god he's done it all now. He's got nothing left for an encore...in 12 months he's captained his team to a cup win and now this!!

All he can do is repeat what he's done...the kid is 22!!

FANTASTIC GAME!
    Let's see if he approaches Gretzky's numbers before we anoint him the chosen one.
    The kid is great, no doubt, but he isn't The Great One yet.
  9. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 00:45
    Cant believe how many people where out on the roads after the game, I have never needed my car horn so much over here in Vancouver!!!

GO CANADA GO!!!!!

😀
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 02:00
    Originally posted by rmacken
    Cant believe how many people where out on the roads after the game, I have never needed my car horn so much over here in Vancouver!!!

GO CANADA GO!!!!!

😀
    I heard that Angola is going to enter a team in 2014. Anyone else hear this?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 04:25
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Let's see if he approaches Gretzky's numbers before we anoint him the chosen one.
    The kid is great, no doubt, but he isn't The Great One yet.
    I don't know if it is even fair to compare the two really different times & rules. No one touched Gretz when he was with edmonton, or they answered to the enforcer. Now 3rd man in is extra time in the box.

I don't know if he will ever reach Gretz numbers, but he is a better two way player right now. Has a habit of coming up with big goals when it counts the most.

Remember he got the goal to win the game in the shoot out against the Swiz also in this tournament.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 05:45
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I don't know if it is even fair to compare the two really different times & rules. No one touched Gretz when he was with edmonton, or they answered to the enforcer. Now 3rd man in is extra time in the box.

I don't know if he will ever reach Gretz numbers, but he is a better two way player right now. Has a habit of coming up with big goals when it count ...[text shortened]... ber he got the goal to win the game in the shoot out against the Swiz also in this tournament.
    I have had these arguments many times in many sports.

When Gretzky was lighting up the world, everyone said Gordie Howe was God. They were of different eras as well. Gretzky did break Howe's records and is acknowledged as the best whoever played.

Crosby is a very good player, as I said before, but let's see what his longevity turns up. I mean, let's face it, he hadn't scored or sniffed the goal the two previous games and the first 3 periods of this game. He collects the goal in a 4 on 4. I personally thought Parise played a better tournament than Crosby. Maybe Parise is the second coming.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 16:313 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I have had these arguments many times in many sports.

When Gretzky was lighting up the world, everyone said Gordie Howe was God. They were of different eras as well. Gretzky did break Howe's records and is acknowledged as the best whoever played.

Crosby is a very good player, as I said before, but let's see what his longevity turns up. I mean, let ly thought Parise played a better tournament than Crosby. Maybe Parise is the second coming.
    ROFLMAO...Parise is probably the second coming in the U.S. not in Canada!

Crosby had 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games!
    Remember the shootout against the swiz...Crosby got that goal...Two of his 4 goals were game winners, the last one will probably be talked about for decades. 😉

Most would consider that to be very good, especially with a guy or two watching him every single shift, and guys mostly Americans trying to hit him from the blind side on several occasions.

There was only one Gordie Howe..Different era than Gretz...There is only one Sidney Crosby again Different era than Gretz...Back in Gordie Howes day there was 6 teams and they didn't play 82 games a season...Check it out!! 😉 Oh you do know Gretzky is Canadian. 😉

Parise who? 😛
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 23:10
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    ROFLMAO...Parise is probably the second coming in the U.S. not in Canada!

Crosby had 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games!
    Remember the shootout against the swiz...Crosby got that goal...Two of his 4 goals were game winners, the last one will probably be talked about for decades. 😉

Most would consider that to be very good, especially with a guy or two ...[text shortened]... 82 games a season...Check it out!! 😉 Oh you do know Gretzky is Canadian. 😉

Parise who? 😛
    Kane is better than Parise. Crosby is better than both. Gritty, tough performer in tight games!
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 02:00
    Kane is better than Parise. Crosby is better than both. Gritty, tough performer in tight games!
    I agree about Kane being better than Parise. Kane among others on that team is going to be one of the U.S. best stars for many years to come. The U.S. have a talented young bunch of guys. Lets hope the NHL allow the players to play in the Winter Games in Russia in 2014!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree