1. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 14:29
    Originally posted by blade68
    One FA Cup win could hardly be described as success!!!
    And a UEFA cup - back when winning the UEFA cup was probably harder than winning the European Cup.

He turned Ipswich Town into one of the best teams in Europe. That is one hell of an achievement.
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 17:181 edit
    ......I can't see what's wrong with Terry Venables personally, or Big Ron for that matter... I always liked Big Ron, he had character![/b]
    Blade mate i usualy agree with most things you post..BUT venables and AtKINGSON...PLEASE!🙄😲
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 17:21
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i think the problem is the england players and the english supporters... both care far more about their local team than national one... to most, the champions league is far more important than the world cup

i think you miss the point, when the english talk about the best of football they mean the premiership, not the national team... if you're talking pure excitement, i think the epl is the best league in the world
    AGREE TO BOTH YOUR POINTS!
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '07 00:16
    I disagree bish...

Are you telling me that you're not bothered how England get on in the World Cup?
    i am bothered, but i didnt say that.... i said most supporters care more about their local team.... yes, i would love to see england win the world cup... but to see the hammers win the premiership, that would be something else....

unfortunately, neither will happen... in fact, i think the hammers have a better chance
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    15 Dec '07 12:13
    i am bothered, but i didnt say that.... i said most supporters care more about their local team.... yes, i would love to see england win the world cup... but to see the hammers win the premiership, that would be something else....

unfortunately, neither will happen... in fact, i think the hammers have a better chance
    Each individual fan might support his team more than the national side but everyone wants Engerland to succeed too. Englerland games are watched by more people that either of tomorrow top prem games.

Personally I would prefer to see England win the World Cuo more than Barnet win the Prem League, and whilst neither is likely the former might just happen one day - the man who succeeds in this job will be a national hero which ever country he was born in.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 20:13
    Originally posted by mtthw
    And a UEFA cup - back when winning the UEFA cup was probably harder than winning the European Cup.

He turned Ipswich Town into one of the best teams in Europe. That is one hell of an achievement.
    I hold my hands up and stand corrected!
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 20:14
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Blade mate i usualy agree with most things you post..BUT venables and AtKINGSON...PLEASE!🙄😲
    Ah well... at least it wouldn't be dull!!!
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 20:15

... in fact, i think the hammers have a better chance[/b]
    ...hope...
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 18:58
    Brian Barwick: 'Whatever Capello will be earning, it will be a tiny fraction of the 1bn pounds the FA will turnover in the next four years'

Capello: 'Doh!' (in Italian obviously)
  10. Somewhere in Nigeria
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 11:28
    I disagree bish...

Are you telling me that you're not bothered how England get on in the World Cup?
    Capello will make the difference with England
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 14:40
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20071218/sport/lippi-england-harder-to-manage-than-italy

World Cup-winning Italy coach Marcello Lippi has told new England boss Fabio Capello that he has a tougher job on his hands than he would have done managing Italy.

"Capello has always said that coaching Italy didn't interest him. I can say that he has missed something beautiful and important," Lippi told Italian media.

"The more difficult task for him now is to make England play like a team as in the last few years they have not given the impression of being a team," added Lippi, who said Capello may have to drop a big player to improve England's chances.

I can see why Barwick didn't give Lippi the job now - drop Lampard/Beckham/etc? Never!!! 🙄
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 21:42
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20071218/sport/lippi-england-harder-to-manage-than-italy

[i]World Cup-winning Italy coach Marcello Lippi has told new England boss Fabio Capello that he has a tougher job on his hands than he would have done managing Italy.

"Capello has always said that coaching Italy didn't interest him. I can say that he ...[text shortened]... can see why Barwick didn't give Lippi the job now - drop Lampard/Beckham/etc? Never!!! 🙄
    italy have better players than england so of course its going to be a tougher job managing england not to mention the language difficulties and the amount of selfish ***** in the english team 😛
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '07 11:21
    Originally posted by trevor33
    italy have better players than england so of course its going to be a tougher job managing england not to mention the language difficulties and the amount of selfish ***** in the english team 😛
    do italy have better players...? are you sure...? maybe they play better as a team but that doesnt mean the players are better...

the truth is italian football is highly corrupt, boring, slow, uses defensive play... think i'd rather see england lose than play in their style

italian football kinda imploded really... it destroyed itself.... once the best league in the world, it now sits in third position... with the epl and spanish league fighting over top spot...

personally, i would say the epl is the best... based not on technical ability or the best players... just based on pure excitement...

...no other league in the world can produce that same air of excitement, strange the country that invented the game still shows the world why football became so popular
  14. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 11:39
    do italy have better players...? are you sure...? maybe they play better as a team but that doesnt mean the players are better...

the truth is italian football is highly corrupt, boring, slow, uses defensive play... think i'd rather see england lose than play in their style

italian football kinda imploded really... it destroyed itself.... once the ...[text shortened]... strange the country that invented the game still shows the world why football became so popular
    Typical stupid English mentality and moronic English supporter.

Does Italy have better players.

YES.

I'll prove it.

Buffon - Definitely the best goalkeeper in the world, and arguably the best goalkeeper ever VS Paul Robinson/Carson/James - None of those GK's are even in the top 20 in the world and not even the top 3 in the EPL. Cech / Van der Sar / Almunia / Gordon / Given.

Cannavaro / Nesta - Better than overrated Rio Ferdinand and John Terry. Say what you like, Terry is not in Cannavaro or Nesta's class. An English pundit, during WC 2006 said, 'If Rio Ferdinand is worth 120000 pounds a week, Fabio Cannavaro is worth one hundred million a day'.

Zambrotta - better than Ashley Cole.

Massimo Oddo - he sucks and is the weak link in the Italian team, but I'm still not sure I'd rather have Gary Neville ahead of him. I'd much rather have Grosso or even Panucci.

Gatusso - Awesome player. Midfield Destroyer. Better than Carrick or Hargreaves any day. Steven Gerard is a different type of player and I think Gerard is a better player than Gatusso, but there is no player on this planet that locks down a midfield like Gatusso.

Pirlo - Best passer of the ball in the world. Controls a midfield like no one else. Eats fat Frank for breakfast.

Italy don't use wide players but De Rossi / Perotta / Camoranesi are generally better than Wright Phillips / Joe Cole (not so much - he is good) / Lennon.

Francesco Totti (unfortunately retired) but Golden ball winner and a maestro on the field. Absolutely no BMT though (but the same can be said for the entire English NT) - hands down better than Wayne Rooney.

Luca Toni - 32 goals in 36 games in Serie A in a season. Currently destroying the Bundesliga - Beats Crouch / Owen / Heskey / Walcott anyday.

The problem with England and the English supporters is that they feel their players are Gods and their NT is the best in the world.

The sooner you realise that your expectations are ludicrous, the better.

Capello might make you guys play more like a team, but the talent just isn't there to be world beaters.

On paper, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Holland, France are all better teams.

On to the Italian league being corrupt, boring, slow and defensive....

Snore.

England has the best packaged and marketed league, but in terms of quality of football, spare me.

And the best players???????

How many world cup winners are playing in the prem?

You can count them on your hands.

How many final appearances in the CL by English teams since it's inception? Compare that to Italy.

EPL is a distant third to 1) Spain 2) Italy, despite what your commentators tell you.
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 11:44
    Originally posted by ASROMA

Pirlo - Best passer of the ball in the world.
    Born in Manchester, England...

😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree