1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 May '11 22:49
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Lets try a hypothetical:

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh meet privately on June 20th, 2010. They agree that they will all sign with the Miami Heat in July. Wade acts as a "Team Affiliate" for the Miami Heat since he is still under contract with them, and thus under their control. Lebron and Bosh act as players since they are still under an NBA contract wit ...[text shortened]... before the July Moratorium (July 1-7), the agreement is unauthorized and subject to penalties.
    I understand where you are going with this Mike, but I am afraid it wouldn't hold up in a
    courthouse unless you could prove that Wade was acting as an agent for the heat via
    some arrangement.

Otherwise, Wade is simply an employee talking shop with friends and convincing them
    to apply for a job at the place where he works, which is quite legal.

In this case, I doubt the Heat ownership would be dumb enough to put anything in
    writing that could convict them. Furthermore, if such an agreement was in place,
    Wade would also be found as an accessory to collusion and would be subject to the
    same penalties the Heat would. Therefore, he has plenty of incentive to stay silent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree