Champions League - Final 8

Champions League - Final 8

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
14 Mar 08
1 edit

Here we go:

Champions League quarter-final draw:

1 Arsenal v Liverpool
2 AS Roma v Man Utd
3 Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona
4 Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Champions League semi-final draw:

1 Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea
2 Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Man Utd

Here is what will happen, people:

Arsenal will walk over Liverpool and encounter Chelsea, which will be a
killer match with Cesc Fabregas claiming a place as a star in the sky
of world football. Win: Arsenal.

Barcelona will go to semifinals and find Manchester, yet the Catalans'
luck will run dry when they face Cristiano Ronaldo. Tevez will shine, yet
Ronaldo will be the leader of Manchester's victory.

Final: Arsenal v. Machester United

Everybody will put their money on United, for sure, yet I will keep my
coins on Arsenal.

Champions League winner: Arsenal

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Mar 08
1 edit

My interest for the CL fell dramatically. 😞

Roma - MU sounds like the most interesting match-up.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
14 Mar 08

I know, mine too.

:'(

E
YNWA

Moves
14 Mar 08

Originally posted by Seitse
Here we go:
Arsenal will walk over Liverpool
How does this bare any resemblance to reality? Have you not seen LFC in the Champions League over the past 4 seasons?

In my admittedly biased opinion it is LFC who are the favourites for this tie. Coming in to form (6 wins out of last 6) with the CL as the priority, with Arsenal struggling (4 draws, 1 loss in last 6 games) and worried about ManUre coming up behind them to take the League.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Mar 08

Here we go:

1 Arsenal v Liverpool
2 AS Roma v Man Utd
4 Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Arsenal will walk over Liverpool and enco ...[text shortened]... d, for sure, yet I will keep my
coins on Arsenal.

[b]Champions League winner: Arsenal
[/b]
Fabregas' form has taken a wee dip lately. While I believe he is a superb talent, I think too much is expected of one so young.

Arsenal - Liverpool is very tough to call. Liverpool are an average team who can lift themselves occasionally. Against Arsenal, Liverpool's tactic of running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes might work, especially if Liverpool stop doing maintenance work on their pitch between now and then.

I actually see Liverpool winning this tie.

Roma were the team that I wanted United to get. The Italian league isn't what it used to be, and we have already shown that we have more than enough for Roma. So long as the United players don't get casual in their approach, Roma's aging legs and lack of a true centre forward should mean that United get through, albeit only by a goal or 2.

It's hard to look beyond Barce for this tie, although defensively they have been looking terrible lately.

Chelsea should have the squad to beat Fenerbahce, although the Turks will be difficult to beat at home. Chelsea might be happy with a 0-0 away draw, and could possibly get stung by an away goal at home.

So, I call Liverpool v Chelsea
Barce v United

First semi final will be decided on penalties after both legs end 0-0.
Barce and United again is impossible to call. United's away containing game will be put severely to the test in the Nou Camp.

For us to go all the way, I think Ronaldo has to start performing against the big teams. Unfortunately, despite his continuing progress, I don't think he is ready to do that yet.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Mar 08

Odds on skybet...
Barcelona 3/1
Man Utd 3/1
Chelsea 7/2
Arsenal 11/2
Liverpool 13/2
Roma 12/1
Schalke 33/1
Fenherbache 40/1

D

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
14 Mar 08

Mmmmhhh, I'm not so sure about Barcelona's possibilities after this one. They will surely sink, and it all depends on how fast can Messi be recovered from his injury.

The "flea" reminds me of 'crystal boy' Robben.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Fabregas' form has taken a wee dip lately. While I believe he is a superb talent, I think too much is expected of one so young.

Arsenal - Liverpool is very tough to call. Liverpool are an average team who can lift themselves occasionally. Against Arsenal, Liverpool's tactic of running around like headless chickens for 90 minutes might work, especially ...[text shortened]... ately, despite his continuing progress, I don't think he is ready to do that yet.

D
Roma has been in excellent form, much better than last year. It will be a great tie.

s

6yd box

Moves
14 Mar 08

[b]Here we go:
[i]

1 Arsenal v Liverpool
2 AS Roma v Man Utd
4 Fenerbahce v Chelsea
1) Liverpool to beat Arsenal
2) AS Roma over United
3)FC Barcelone
4) Chelsea

w

Moves
14 Mar 08

Originally posted by spurs73
1) Liverpool to beat Arsenal
2) AS Roma over United
3)FC Barcelone
4) Chelsea
1,3,+4 agreed utd to beat roma.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
14 Mar 08

this was allegedly posted on a forum 2hrs before the draw:

http://i30.tinypic.com/4t5wg2.jpg

Apparently some foreign betting ring had alot of money put on this being the outcome too.

Very strange.

w

Moves
14 Mar 08

Originally posted by rhb
this was allegedly posted on a forum 2hrs before the draw:

http://i30.tinypic.com/4t5wg2.jpg

Apparently some foreign betting ring had alot of money put on this being the outcome too.

Very strange.
hmmm.. very strange😲

Santiago

Moves
15 Mar 08
1 edit

Apparantly a Spanish newspaper AS correctly predicts the draw the day before every year and have done so again.

Ask yourselves this. Who would the big wigs in UEFA like in the final of the teams that are left. Then ask yourself what the best possible draw for a weakened Barcelona would be. Possibly having to play Schalke with the second leg in the Nou Camp would be a dream draw. I know that I may become German for just one match.

Let´s face it, it stinks. And if there is a betting ring involved then Interpol needs to go through UEFAs offices and the personal accounts and property of all high ranking officials.

The Don

Nihon

Moves
15 Mar 08

Here we go:

1 Arsenal v Liverpool
2 AS Roma v Man Utd
4 Fenerbahce v Chelsea

Arsenal will walk over Liverpool and enco ...[text shortened]... d, for sure, yet I will keep my
coins on Arsenal.

[b]Champions League winner: Arsenal
[/b]
have to agree . Arsenol looks good this year. However LFC always gets lucky in the Champions League... Not sure why though...

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Mar 08

Originally posted by Hopster
Apparantly a Spanish newspaper AS correctly predicts the draw the day before every year and have done so again.

Ask yourselves this. Who would the big wigs in UEFA like in the final of the teams that are left. Then ask yourself what the best possible draw for a weakened Barcelona would be. Possibly having to play Schalke with the second leg in the Nou Cam ...[text shortened]... o go through UEFAs offices and the personal accounts and property of all high ranking officials.
πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

D