1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    03 Sep '09 13:57
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-gael-kakuta

    It's the first time I see something like this. How much jurisdiction does FIFA have over UEFA and the PL?
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    35068
    03 Sep '09 15:29
    Apparently Roma got hit by a similar ban back in 2005, over the transfer of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    03 Sep '09 15:48
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Apparently Roma got hit by a similar ban back in 2005, over the transfer of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre.
    You're absolutely right. I didn't know they got transfer banned. I thought they only had been fined heavily, probably because the CAS lifted the ban two months afterwards.

    Anyone know on what grounds the CAS lifted the ban?
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86734
    03 Sep '09 22:12
    It seems harsh; a 2 year buying ban for encouraging a person to break a contract - like that's never happened before!
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    03 Sep '09 22:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It seems harsh; a 2 year buying ban for encouraging a person to break a contract - like that's never happened before!
    Could it have been harsher because he was under 18 at the time?
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86734
    03 Sep '09 22:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Could it have been harsher because he was under 18 at the time?
    What about te compensation to Lens? What about the kids agent managing the deal? What about his parents? And he's not 5 years old! Chelsea should be made to pay and go through due process - banning buying is just politics.

    Fifa and Uefa want to break the PL stronghold and this is another way of demonstrating it - it's a ridiculous precident they will now have to police and enforce.
  7. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    27105
    03 Sep '09 23:21
    Does anyone else see the irony in the timing of this seeing as it came only a matter of days after Roman appealed to UEFA regarding Citeh's transfer activity?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    04 Sep '09 08:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Fifa and Uefa want to break the PL stronghold and this is another way of demonstrating it - it's a ridiculous precident they will now have to police and enforce.
    And when they banned Roma, I'm guessing they were trying to break Serie A's "stronghold"? Please.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    04 Sep '09 10:20
    I think it's a great idea. Hit 'em where it really hurts!
    A mere 20 million fine would be no deterrent.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    04 Sep '09 10:35
    Of course they won't touch Fergie, uh.

    I will try to get the text of the resolution or more hard data, because I see some freedom of trade issues there.
  11. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86734
    04 Sep '09 21:46
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Of course they won't touch Fergie, uh.

    I will try to get the text of the resolution or more hard data, because I see some freedom of trade issues there.
    Exactly.

    Contracts are "broken" all the time - it's normal in business - outcomes should be about the cost of breaking that contract, not about power based punishments or "ideas".
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    05 Sep '09 06:351 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Exactly.

    Contracts are "broken" all the time - it's normal in business - outcomes should be about the cost of breaking that contract, not about power based punishments or "ideas".
    Spot on.

    I get all restless when Platini and the other retards running football get all righteous and regulatory with stuff.

    They've turned the sport into politics and power struggles, when it's just about 22 basterds running, scoring goals, breaking legs, and entertaining us for a couple of hours every weekend.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    05 Sep '09 07:40
    Originally posted by Palynka
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-gael-kakuta

    It's the first time I see something like this. How much jurisdiction does FIFA have over UEFA and the PL?
    Chelsea, and specifically Arnesen have been caught on video tape admitting to tapping up youth players.

    D
  14. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Joined
    05 Jun '09
    Moves
    64210
    05 Sep '09 15:30
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Chelsea, and specifically Arnesen have been caught on video tape admitting to tapping up youth players.

    D
    just a question who is arnesen?
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    05 Sep '09 16:35
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    just a question who is arnesen?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Arnesen#.22Tapping-up.22_allegations

    D
Back to Top