Chelsea transfer banned until 2011

Chelsea transfer banned until 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
03 Sep 09

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-gael-kakuta

It's the first time I see something like this. How much jurisdiction does FIFA have over UEFA and the PL?

m

Moves
03 Sep 09

Apparently Roma got hit by a similar ban back in 2005, over the transfer of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by mtthw
Apparently Roma got hit by a similar ban back in 2005, over the transfer of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre.
You're absolutely right. I didn't know they got transfer banned. I thought they only had been fined heavily, probably because the CAS lifted the ban two months afterwards.

Anyone know on what grounds the CAS lifted the ban?

Moves
03 Sep 09

It seems harsh; a 2 year buying ban for encouraging a person to break a contract - like that's never happened before!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by divegeester
It seems harsh; a 2 year buying ban for encouraging a person to break a contract - like that's never happened before!
Could it have been harsher because he was under 18 at the time?

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by Palynka
Could it have been harsher because he was under 18 at the time?
What about te compensation to Lens? What about the kids agent managing the deal? What about his parents? And he's not 5 years old! Chelsea should be made to pay and go through due process - banning buying is just politics.

Fifa and Uefa want to break the PL stronghold and this is another way of demonstrating it - it's a ridiculous precident they will now have to police and enforce.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
03 Sep 09

Does anyone else see the irony in the timing of this seeing as it came only a matter of days after Roman appealed to UEFA regarding Citeh's transfer activity?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
04 Sep 09

Fifa and Uefa want to break the PL stronghold and this is another way of demonstrating it - it's a ridiculous precident they will now have to police and enforce.
And when they banned Roma, I'm guessing they were trying to break Serie A's "stronghold"? Please.

DS

Moves
04 Sep 09

I think it's a great idea. Hit 'em where it really hurts!
A mere 20 million fine would be no deterrent.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
04 Sep 09

Of course they won't touch Fergie, uh.

I will try to get the text of the resolution or more hard data, because I see some freedom of trade issues there.

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by Seitse
Of course they won't touch Fergie, uh.

I will try to get the text of the resolution or more hard data, because I see some freedom of trade issues there.
Exactly.

Contracts are "broken" all the time - it's normal in business - outcomes should be about the cost of breaking that contract, not about power based punishments or "ideas".

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
05 Sep 09
1 edit

Exactly.

Contracts are "broken" all the time - it's normal in business - outcomes should be about the cost of breaking that contract, not about power based punishments or "ideas".
Spot on.

I get all restless when Platini and the other retards running football get all righteous and regulatory with stuff.

They've turned the sport into politics and power struggles, when it's just about 22 basterds running, scoring goals, breaking legs, and entertaining us for a couple of hours every weekend.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by Palynka
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-gael-kakuta

It's the first time I see something like this. How much jurisdiction does FIFA have over UEFA and the PL?
Chelsea, and specifically Arnesen have been caught on video tape admitting to tapping up youth players.

D

B
bloody hell

feeding the chimps..

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Chelsea, and specifically Arnesen have been caught on video tape admitting to tapping up youth players.

D
just a question who is arnesen?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by BIGWAD
just a question who is arnesen?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Arnesen#.22Tapping-up.22_allegations

D