1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 05:57
    For those of you who don't know, Chris Henry is a football player for the Cincinnati Bengals. He is a troubled soul who has been arrested 5 times in the last three years. The last time he was arrested the team released him and the coach, Marvin Lewis, stated that he had no interest in Henry coming back to the team and, in fact, it would be harmful for the team if he did come back. However, after the Bengals got embarrassed by the Lions in their last preseason game, Henry was inexplicably welcomed back by the owner of the Bengals Mike Brown despite his head coach's public statements.

For me, this is just further evidence that I have known all along and that is that the Cincinnati Bengals are the worst professional sports organization in ALL the world since the time that Mike Brown became the owner. He took over for his father Paul Brown in 1990 when he died and the organization has not been right since. In the last 15 years the Bengals have not even had a winning season except one brief playoff birth that was short lived as they subsequently lost to the Steelers. However, this winning season seems to have been a result of the city suing Mike Brown. You see, the City of Cincinnati built Mike Brown a state of the art stadium that was financed by the tax payers of that city 100%. In fact, it was over budget by millions. However, in return all the city had to show for it was a national embarrassment that could not compete with other NFL teams. In retaliation, the city studied the contract between themselves and the owner and noticed that the contract stipulated that the city was providing the owner the stadium in order to field a competitive team. The city then underlined the phrase "competitive team" and sued Mike Brown for not fulfilling his contract obligations. However, the next thing you know Mike Brown brings in the current coach Marvin Lewis and the QB Carson Palmer and they make the play offs for the first time in over a decade. Then after the one winning season, they then fade back into oblivion. However, now the city can no longer claim the Bengals have never been competitive. Mike Brown has now fulfilled his contract obligations.

You see, Mike Brown is an attorney who got a hold of a football franchise and it seems that all he is interested in is making money for himself and his family. In fact, his family runs the entire organization. For example, he has family members recruiting and running pay rolls etc. and when he either dies or steps down his daughter will take over the team. It seems that Mike Brown is more interested in the team providing him and his family an income than he is about winning. To drive home my point, the Bengals became the first NFL team to fly in on Saturday for an away game verses a Friday night in order to save money for one overnight stay. Also, the Bengals have the fewest scouts of any NFL team in existence in order to save a little money here and there.

Am I wrong in my conclusions about the Bengals? Are they not the WORST franchise in the NFL and the rest of all sports combined? If not, lets hear your proof.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 12:33
    I think the Bengals are an awful franchise but I think the Knicks have you beat.
    (1) They have the highest payroll in the sport by a lot.
    (2) the consistently lose, are fairly boring and have not been developing players for the future
    (3) Showed loyalty to coach Isaah Thomas for so long after it was obvious that he was terrible, lost a sexual harrassment suit and got in a physical confrontation with his point guard.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 13:361 edit
    I didn't read your post (Way too long) but I think Henry will play well this year with Chad and TJ both a little gimpy and on a Palmer bounceback season. I'm thinking 50 catches and 8 TDs in 12 games.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 16:225 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I didn't read your post (Way too long) but I think Henry will play well this year with Chad and TJ both a little gimpy and on a Palmer bounceback season. I'm thinking 50 catches and 8 TDs in 12 games.
    And how many arrests?

Seriously, perhaps all that you say will happen but despite this I say the Bungals have a loosing season anyway.

Traditionally, the Bengals invest in one or two superstar players and don't build a team around them. Currently, Palmer is the superstar, however, Chad and Henry are head cases that could be superstar quality had they not been head cases. Henry is a career criminal and Chad a premadona. In the past their superstar was Corey Dillan. In fact, I recall a game where he set an all time rushing record in one game against the Bronco's. It was the most amazing display of running I have every beheld. His running was all him. He had very little blocking and no pass support yet he set the record single handed. The sad part was that they only won by 3 points. I think it would have been hilarious had they lost. LOL. At the end of his career with the Bungals he was quoted as saying that he would rather flip burgers than come back the following season. He then went to New England and won a few Super Bowls.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I think the Bengals are an awful franchise but I think the Knicks have you beat.
    (1) They have the highest payroll in the sport by a lot.
    (2) the consistently lose, are fairly boring and have not been developing players for the future
    (3) Showed loyalty to coach Isaah Thomas for so long after it was obvious that he was terrible, lost a sexual harrassment suit and got in a physical confrontation with his point guard.
    OK, how many times have they been to the post season in the last 15 years? Also, have they won in the post season if they made it in the past 15 years?

I really don't watch basketball so I can't really comment on this team. I just wonder if it was comparable to what the Bengals had to do for their team when they were at their worst. The team was so bad that at every game the fans would pelt their own player on the field with anything that was not nailed down. In response, the franchise constructed a tarp extending all the way from the tunnel leading out onto the field to where they sat during the game.

So can the Knicks say that?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 21:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    OK, how many times have they been to the post season in the last 15 years? Also, have they won in the post season if they made it in the past 15 years?

I really don't watch basketball so I can't really comment on this team. I just wonder if it was comparable to what the Bengals had to do for their team when they were at their worst. The team was so bad ...[text shortened]... leading out onto the field to where they sat during the game.

In New York, there are laws and if you things at someone (including professional athletes) you would be arrested. Apparently things are different in Ohio.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 21:29

I really don't watch basketball so I can't really comment on this team. I just wonder if it was comparable to what the Bengals had to do for their team when they were at their worst. The team was so bad ...[text shortened]... leading out onto the field to where they sat during the game.

Philly fans boo the Eagles in the PRESEASON.

The Bengals are a mediocre franchise, but not a terrible one. They've been so-so the last 5 years, but they're always around .500. And they do score a lot, so the fans have something to cheer about. Buck up; it's not like they've played like the Raiders or Texans the last few years.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 23:58
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Bengals are a mediocre franchise,.......

Heya guys, I note repeated reference to the word 'franchise,' I'm a bit lost as that infers, to me, one of two things....is it the team that holds a franchise to hold a place within that league or that the league merely holds a franchise to host that league ? Obviously I'm not aware of the finer details associated with the game but I am just curious. Cheers, Dean.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 00:55

The Bengals are a mediocre franchise, but not a terrible one. They've been so-so the last 5 years, but they're always around .500. And they do score a lot, so the fans have something to cheer about. Buck up; it's not like they've played like the Raiders or Texans the last few years.
    The last few years? I am talking about the last 15 years!! I could handle a few horrible seasons, and in fact, I grew accustomed to a few every now and then when Paul Brown had the team. However, he then usually had a few good years and actually went to two Super Bowls and did very well in them despite loosing both.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 00:57
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    In New York, there are laws and if you things at someone (including professional athletes) you would be arrested. Apparently things are different in Ohio.
    Things are much different in Ohio. In fact, if Mike Brown were an owner of a franchise in New York they would have tarred and feathered him long ago.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 01:11
    The last few years? I am talking about the last 15 years!! I could handle a few horrible seasons, and in fact, I grew accustomed to a few every now and then when Paul Brown had the team. However, he then usually had a few good years and actually went to two Super Bowls and did very well in them despite loosing both.
    What do you suggest the present Bengal ownership do about the years 1994-2002? Since 2003 the team has been competitive and somewhat entertaining. That's more than some teams can say.
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 03:35

Even thought he Texans were only 8-8 last year, they were still at .500 in the TOUGHEST division of the TOUGHEST conference in the league. Therefore I don't think they are doing too bad and actually think they may be pretty good this year. If the Texans had been in the NFC, they would have won several more games last year and would have been a playoff contender in the NFC.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 10:44
    What do you suggest the present Bengal ownership do about the years 1994-2002? Since 2003 the team has been competitive and somewhat entertaining. That's more than some teams can say.
    If you read my original post, you will see why the Bengals improved. It was not for the sake of winning, rather, it was an attempt by the ownership to not get sued. You see the owner is a lawyer, in fact, its ALL he knows.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 11:592 edits
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Even thought he Texans were only 8-8 last year, they were still at .500 in the TOUGHEST division of the TOUGHEST conference in the league. Therefore I don't think they are doing too bad and actually think they may be pretty good this year. If the Texans had been in the NFC, they would have won several more games last year and would have been a playoff contender in the NFC.
    All this talk of the Texans remind me of their first year as an expansion team. They had to play the winnless Bengals that year and the odds makers favored the Texans over the happless Bungles. For whatever reason, rumor had it that this sent Mike Brown into a rage and spent all of his energy ensuring that they beat the Texans. I guess the fact that his team was a national laughing stock was not enough to send him into a rage. If memory serves, I think this is the only game thay won that year. LOL.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 12:02
    As of yet, can any one come up with another professional team that has only one winning season in the last 15 years? For me, this is the criteria that is most compelling to use proving that the Bengals are the worst of the worst organizations in all of professional sports.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree