1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 04:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You seem to spend plenty of time trolling in the forums, barging into threads even though you have nothing of substance to say.
    Look in the mirror.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 13:27
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Look in the mirror.
    Don't look in yours; it'll get you seven years of bad luck.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 17:21
    I am sorry but in the Rocketman's last 4 years in Boston he was no longer close to dominant. Then he wins 4 more Cy Youngs including 2 AL Triple crowns (the last guy to win a pitching triple crown before Clemens was Newhouser in 1945).
    If we have learned anything from the steriod era when you see guys doing the impossible (Bonds, McGuire, Sosa) you should certainly question it. Senator George Mitchell, United States prosecutors and the drug dealer who was right about Clemens friend/ teammate all concur with my visuals observation that Clemens did the impossible. Furthermore, after Clemens refused to talk to Mitchell and only complained about inaccuracies after things were published I would certainly not give that cheater any beenfit of the doubt.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 21:421 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    I am sorry but in the Rocketman's last 4 years in Boston he was no longer close to dominant. Then he wins 4 more Cy Youngs including 2 AL Triple crowns (the last guy to win a pitching triple crown before Clemens was Newhouser in 1945).
    If we have learned anything from the steriod era when you see guys doing the impossible (Bonds, McGuire, Sosa) you sho ...[text shortened]... s after things were published I would certainly not give that cheater any beenfit of the doubt.
    Blah, blah, blah. More BS. Merely playing well isn't proof of cheating. Clemens in his last 4 years in Boston was still one of the best pitchers in the AL. And he won the 1997 Cy Young award in Toronto BEFORE McNamee was the trainer there.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 21:50
    Blah, blah, blah. More BS. Merely playing well isn't proof of cheating. Clemens in his last 4 years in Boston was still one of the best pitchers in the AL.
    Yes, but he was in the twilight of his career. FACT!

P-
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 21:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yes, but he was in the twilight of his career. FACT!

P-
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=86345
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 01:361 edit
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=86345
    Hoisted by my own petard!

P-
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 05:34
    Who's being gullible now? Do you think that the feds would have believed him if he didn't name Clemens?? The fact that they were willing to give a drug dealer immunity to pursue non-criminal allegations shows where their priorities were i.e. to grab some headlines. Your naivete is pathetic but I've heard the same BS from about 100 sportswriters all of wh ...[text shortened]... had denied it vehemently in the past) that he injected Clemens with steroids. Coincidence?
    Next you'll be trying to tell us that Andy Pettitte and Kevin Brown aren't steroid-using cheaters too!
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 05:52
    I can't believe you guys are still going on about this.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 13:19
    Next you'll be trying to tell us that Andy Pettitte and Kevin Brown aren't steroid-using cheaters too!
    Andy Petitte has never been accused of using steroids. I don't know of any accusations against Kevin Brown at all.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 14:42
    Science may be able to tell whether McNamee's evidence is real or fabricated. But, if the syringes are of the type that are used for steriods (as opposed to B12) and have Clemens DNA on it, I think defending Clemens might be like defending OJ
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 15:581 edit
    Andy Petitte has never been accused of using steroids. I don't know of any accusations against Kevin Brown at all.
    Pettitte admitted to using HGH:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/bbl_hgh_pettitte

I thought I read somewhere that Kevin Brown was a cheater also. Was I mistaken?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 16:05
    Pettitte admitted to using HGH:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/bbl_hgh_pettitte

I thought I read somewhere that Keven Brown was a cheater also. Was I mistaken?
    HGH isn't a steroid.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:05
    HGH isn't a steroid.
    It is funny how you can use somewhat irrelevant technicalities like HGH isn't a steriod when the obvious and important reference is that Pettitte admits he used HGH a performance enhancer. Furthermore you ignore page 214 of the Mitchell report which states that in the notes of October 2003 meeting amoung dodger officials openly questioned Kevin Brown and use of performance enhancing drugs.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    It is funny how you can use somewhat irrelevant technicalities like HGH isn't a steriod when the obvious and important reference is that Pettitte admits he used HGH a performance enhancer. Furthermore you ignore page 214 of the Mitchell report which states that in the notes of October 2003 meeting amoung dodger officials openly questioned Kevin Brown and use of performance enhancing drugs.
    Pretty much all the scientific research says HGH doesn't enhance performance. http://www.sabernomics.com/sabernomics/index.php/2007/04/i-dont-worry-about-hgh-in-baseball-and-neither-should-you/

Besides, the difference isn't irrelevant to RN's claim that Petitte used steroids.

WOW!!! That's "overwhelming" evidence against Brown; a couple of Dodger officials talked about the possibility that he MAY have used PED's! Get the rope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree