1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:28
    Anyone who think performance enhancers had minimal effects on Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, Sheffield and Palmiero (just to name five), is probably abusing their own substances.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    Anyone who think performance enhancers had minimal effects on Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, Sheffield and Palmiero (just to name five), is probably abusing their own substances.
    Do you know the difference between steroids and HGH? Did you bother to look at the link I provided?

I checked the Mitchell report; Brown is accused of getting HGH from Radomski. No steroids.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:41
    So you think people are cheating just to harm their body, risk their reputation and go to jail but don't expect to get any benefits from it? It is difficult to get data on illegal drug use because it is illegal but people aren't abusing performance enhancing susbstance and getting no benefits.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:46
    So you think people are cheating just to harm their body, risk their reputation and go to jail but don't expect to get any benefits from it? It is difficult to get data on illegal drug use because it is illegal but people aren't abusing performance enhancing susbstance and getting no benefits.
    I won't continue to waste my time with someone who refuses to look at the facts. HGH is not an illegal drug; it is used for a number of medical conditions with few side effects. Calling it a "performance enhancer drug" is just plain wrong based on the scientific studies done to date.
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:14
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    HGH isn't a steroid.
    Seems like a distinction without a difference to me, but thanks for the chemistry lesson.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:151 edit

I checked the Mitchell report; Brown is accused of getting HGH from Radomski.
    Soo, I was right: Kevin Brown is a cheater!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:17
    HGH is gotten with a prescription just like lidicaine. It is not like asprin. The fact that people try to defend Clemens a guy hired a junkie like McNamee when he had access to free doctors if he needed medical attention is a complete joke. Clemens never had the intent to get legitimate medicine. He clearly wanted a boost and perhaps McNamee has the proof to show that Clemens is no better than he is.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 20:09
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Soo, I was right: Kevin Brown is a cheater!
    No you were wrong. You stated:

Next you'll be trying to tell us that Andy Pettitte and Kevin Brown aren't steroid-using cheaters too!

Neither are accused of using steroids and whether the use of HGH to treat injuries was "cheating" in 2001 is extremely debateable.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 20:111 edit
    HGH is gotten with a prescription just like lidicaine. It is not like asprin. The fact that people try to defend Clemens a guy hired a junkie like McNamee when he had access to free doctors if he needed medical attention is a complete joke. Clemens never had the intent to get legitimate medicine. He clearly wanted a boost and perhaps McNamee has the proof to show that Clemens is no better than he is.
    How many times are you going to repeat this BS? McNamee was the trainer on the Toronto Blue Jays in 1998 and was later hired by the Yankees. How did you come to the conclusion that McNamee, who's claims you believe 100% BTW, is a "junkie"? Where do you get the idea that Clemens never used "legitimate medicine"????

I've never met anyone so willing to repeat over and over and over again untruths, half-truths and misleading information. You really need some help.
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 00:24
    No you were wrong. You stated:

Next you'll be trying to tell us that Andy Pettitte and Kevin Brown aren't steroid-using cheaters too!

Neither are accused of using steroids and whether the use of HGH to treat injuries was "cheating" in 2001 is extremely debateable.
    You say tomato.

I say Kevin Brown & Andy Pettitte are cheaters.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 01:09
    Well, it looks like McNamee dealt drugs to Clemens. I have as much respect for each of them as I do for two guys who have a drug exchange on the street. You believe Clemens when his whole story is incriminating. Rogers story of innocenece is that he let a trainer without a prescription inject him with drugs when he has free access to doctors. That in and of itself is 100% moronic. Clemens refused to speak to Mitchell. Only now, that Mitchell's independent investigation comes to the same conclusion that the US prosecutors did does Clemens want to talk. Lets see if there is a forensic conclusion or if Clemens gets charged with perjury maybe there will be a legal conclusion.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 02:09
    Originally posted by Red Night
    You say tomato.

I say Kevin Brown & Andy Pettitte are cheaters.
    No one cares what you say. I guarantee you that neither are disciplined by MLB because doing so would violate the rules of baseball.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 02:12
    Well, it looks like McNamee dealt drugs to Clemens. I have as much respect for each of them as I do for two guys who have a drug exchange on the street. You believe Clemens when his whole story is incriminating. Rogers story of innocenece is that he let a trainer without a prescription inject him with drugs when he has free access to doctors. That in and ...[text shortened]... nsic conclusion or if Clemens gets charged with perjury maybe there will be a legal conclusion.
    Over and over and over again. People who want to see refutations of any of these "arguments" are invited to check my posts on virtually any page in this thread.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 03:52
    I won't continue to waste my time with someone who refuses to look at the facts. HGH is not an illegal drug; it is used for a number of medical conditions with few side effects. Calling it a "performance enhancer drug" is just plain wrong based on the scientific studies done to date.
    There is no medical evidence that HGH helps you recover from an injury. No doctor would prescribe HGH as a healing agent (maybe that is why Clemens gets his drugs from a trainer and not a doctor). The fact that Brian Roberts and Andy Pettitte came up with the same ridiculous story after they were named in the Mitchell report does not in any way make it a valid medical point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree