1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 19:32
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Clemens is most often compared to who? NOLAN RYAN. When did Nolan Ryan retire and how old was he when he stopped throwing at players? (Hint: He never stopped). It's flat out wrong to say that "it just does not happen" or to blame fiery competitiveness (which he's had his entire career) on roid rage.

Granted, he made a mistake not talking to Mitchell ...[text shortened]... counsel? Look at how many players did speak. I bet you can count 'em on one hand.
    Quite true darv. I was with Nolan Ryan when Roger met him the first time. Roger idolized Ryan. Ryan gave Roger his workout routine and also critiqued Roger's motion. No one has ever accused Nolan of steroid use, yet he was still throwing in the mid 90's at the age of 45 just like Roger. They are what are referred to as "freaks of nature and hard work".

Regarding the testimony of players, the Players Union was advising them NOT to speak to the Mitchell panel or to the counsel. Less than 5 or 6 did and they were directly subpoenaed and their testimony was limited.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 19:32
    PERJURE

Not Purger. Its not a frickin' meat sandwich, k?
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 19:33
    PERJURE

I am aware, but I was quoting Phlab
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 19:35
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I was with Nolan Ryan when Roger met him the first time.
    Say wha?? You, sir, need to tell me some stories.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 20:05
    PERJURE

Damb! I don't oftin spell rong.

P-
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Damb! I don't oftin spell rong.

P-
    Funny thing, bet you can spell Yastrzemski correctly. 😉
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 03:45
    Funny thing, bet you can spell Yastrzemski correctly. 😉
    Y
    A
    Z

!!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 06:141 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Y
    A
    Z

!!
    See, the beaners even misspell his abbreviated name. Technically it should have been Yas, right? But noooooooo...the beaners have to be different and spell it Yaz. But what can you expect from the people who gave Babe Ruth away for a song? How about the ones who traded the best pitcher they ever had because he was washed up, only to watch him win 4 more Cy Young awards for other teams and a couple of world series? Go figure....😛

Maybe instead of red sox, they should have red faces???
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 08:363 edits
    "...but in cases like this look at history and usually history tells the story. Look at athletes in the past who've been accused of cheating. Most of them, in the end, are proven to have cheated."

Who are you talking about specifically and where is the proof?
    You want a list? Off the top of my head....

Ben Johnson
    Carl Lewis
    Marian Jones
    Pete Rose
    Barry Bonds
    Jose Canseco
    Ken Caminiti
    Lyle Alzado
    Kornelia Ender
    Barbara Krause
    Carola Nitschke
    All those Chinese swimmers since the 90's
    Austrian cross-country ski team at the Salt Lake City Olympic Games.
    Jari Isometsa
    Mika Myllyla
    Ross Rebliati
    Janne Immonen
    Harri Kirvesniemi
    The Tour de France riders! Mon dieux!

etc etc etc

But more to the point, here is a list of 700+ cases of athletes found to have used performance enhancing drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_sport

Here is a list of people who have been CLEARED....note there are only 26 people cleared of the charges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sportspeople_cleared_of_doping_charges

That's about a 30:1 ratio. So, like i said, odds are he used 'em. But who knows...maybe he really is one of the few who didn't and he really was having a guy inject needles in his butt in his hotel room when no one else was around because he really did need a B12 boost.

Now, i recognize most of the people above failed a test and clemons just has a guy saying he used them which for sure is different. But all of the people above were high profile people in their sport, denied using drugs, but were proven/admitted to it later....except for Pete Rose of course....he just denied betting on baseball for years but then admitted it.

I'd say 80% chance he used em. 20% he didn't.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 16:28
    Originally posted by uzless
    You want a list? Off the top of my head....

Ben Johnson
    Carl Lewis
    Marian Jones
    Pete Rose
    Barry Bonds
    Jose Canseco
    Ken Caminiti
    Lyle Alzado
    Kornelia Ender
    Barbara Krause
    Carola Nitschke
    All those Chinese swimmers since the 90's
    Austrian cross-country ski team at the Salt Lake City Olympic Games.
    Jari Isometsa
    Mika Myllyla
    Ross Rebliati
    Ja ...[text shortened]... baseball for years but then admitted it.

I'd say 80% chance he used em. 20% he didn't.
    I sincerely hope that someone matching your description doesn't pull off a triple homicide and you get convicted to death row because someone was 80% sure it was you they saw pull off the crime. You knew you didn't do it, because you were home alone reading a chess book, but there was no one with you to back up your story. So, you get the lethal injection, and the process was fair to you. Sounds good to me I guess. 😕
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 16:48
    See, the beaners even misspell his abbreviated name. Technically it should have been Yas, right? But noooooooo...the beaners have to be different and spell it Yaz. But what can you expect from the people who gave Babe Ruth away for a song? How about the ones who traded the best pitcher they ever had because he was washed up, only to watch him win 4 more ...[text shortened]... uple of world series? Go figure....😛

Maybe instead of red sox, they should have red faces???
    Clemens WAS washed up... until he found 'B-12'.

I hear he also gives his kid's "Flintstone's Injectable Vitamins"

P-
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 16:23
    I don't really like anonymous sources, but yesterday the New York Times had an article saying that an anonymous source stated that Clemens talk about steriods all the time (this is evidence against Clemens statement that he only talked about steriods when it was newsworthy).
    When you add this to the fact that Clemens buddy Petitte (who went from New York to Houston to New York with and attended his legendary work outs) used HGH from the same trainer. That Petitte's admission supports the fact that Macnamee's claims are truthful. The Clemens had a rejuvinated career after leaving Boston. His power style lasted longer than other people. His potentially roid rage reactions to Piazza. His bizarre explanation for injections he received. Who gets injection from a non-doctor? Who gets injections in the behind when they could have them on any part of their body? Who injects liticane in their rear end?
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 17:24
    I sincerely hope that someone matching your description doesn't pull off a triple homicide and you get convicted to death row because someone was 80% sure it was you they saw pull off the crime. You knew you didn't do it, because you were home alone reading a chess book, but there was no one with you to back up your story. So, you get the lethal injection, and the process was fair to you. Sounds good to me I guess. 😕
    Uh, you think homicide and HGH injection "guilt" are the same thing? You think you can possibly use the same kind of logic to send someone to jail versus speculating on whether or not they stuck a needle in their butt?

What are you, on HGH? The next time I have to come in here to respond to this drivel, I'm crackin' skulls!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 19:06
    Obviously the punishment is different by why should there be a difference in determination of guilt different between HGH and murder?
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 20:031 edit
    Originally posted by jofaz
    Obviously the punishment is different by why should there be a difference in determination of guilt different between HGH and murder?
    Because "beyond a reasonable doubt" requires a higher level of certainty than "likely stuck it in his butt"

The question is, "did clemons use steroids/hgh or not?"

Using your demands for proof the answer will always be not guilty because nobody knows for sure. Not much of a debate now is it. If you just want to say no one was there so no one can say for sure, then fine...we get that.

But if you actually want to attempt to answer the damn question then it takes a bit of speculation which, by frickin definition, is not conclusive.

Where's my skullcracker??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree