1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 12:34
    2-3 thus far and last night stinkin BSU gave me a scare! Most definitely not a BCS killer this year as evidenced by having trouble with lowly Utah!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 15:43
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    2-3 thus far and last night stinkin BSU gave me a scare! Most definitely not a BCS killer this year as evidenced by having trouble with lowly Utah!
    They won by 23 and "lowly" Utah was ranked #19 and at one point was as high as #5.

As I said it was a game that no matter what happened Boise State would get criticized. But once they were shut out of the BCS and all the conference tie in bowls they were limited in their choices; they played the toughest team they could and won fairly easily though after a slow start.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 16:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They won by 23 and "lowly" Utah was ranked #19 and at one point was as high as #5.

As I said it was a game that no matter what happened Boise State would get criticized. But once they were shut out of the BCS and all the conference tie in bowls they were limited in their choices; they played the toughest team they could and won fairly easily though after a slow start.
    It would seem to show the fallible nature of the pollsters who ranked Utah that high.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 21:04
    Looks like Ohio State will try win the Sugar Bowl with suspended players. P.S. Arkansas would have suspended their players immediately and so would have the NCAA?
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 21:11
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Looks like Ohio State will try win the Sugar Bowl with suspended players. P.S. Arkansas would have suspended their players immediately and so would have the NCAA?
    I had penciled in OSU as winning that bowl. Unless they can overcome the distraction they are toast. I do not understand if these players are supendable, why let them play in a bowl game?
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 21:14

You do not seem to have afforded TCU the benefit of the doubt after Utah was shellacked by Notre Dame. Pollsters are indeed fallible! I also think they erred in ranking BSU so high. Last night was proof! If Notre Dame manhandled Utah the way they did and BSU struggled against them what does it say about pollsters and of BSU? They eventually took care of business, but they are not a BCS NCG team by any stretch.
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 21:43
    I had penciled in OSU as winning that bowl. Unless they can overcome the distraction they are toast. I do not understand if these players are supendable, why let them play in a bowl game?
    Try Yahoo or ESPN news for details.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 22:05
    You do not seem to have afforded TCU the benefit of the doubt after Utah was shellacked by Notre Dame. Pollsters are indeed fallible! I also think they erred in ranking BSU so high. Last night was proof! If Notre Dame manhandled Utah the way they did and BSU struggled against them what does it say about pollsters and of BSU? They eventually took care of business, but they are not a BCS NCG team by any stretch.
    Notre Dame would have been top 25 material if they played the first half of the season the way they played the second half.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 22:062 edits
    If you say so. Based on what, I don't know; Boise beat Utah just as easily as ND did and Utah had a month to prepare and was not in shock from their TCU loss. Moreover, Utah had won 9 straight bowl games including two BCS ones. BSU again this year has a victory over a BCS AQ qualifier.

From everything I have seen, Boise State would have been competitive against any team in the country including Oregon and Auburn.

EDIT: In fact, BSU dominated Utah, outgaining them 543-200 and holding them to 8 FDs though the Utes were without their starting QB. Notre Dame was outgained and out first downed by Utah. Last night's game would have been a complete slaughter but for Boise's uncharacteristic 4 TOs.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 22:09
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Notre Dame would have been top 25 material if they played the first half of the season the way they played the second half.
    It is quite likely. Happened to A&M once they decided on the QB change. NOtre Dame might be on the upswing and 2nd half should help recruiting! How do you know so much about football. Are you a Scot residing in the USA?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 22:52
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Doing hard drugs is nothing to be proud of. 😛
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 23:09
    If you say so. Based on what, I don't know; Boise beat Utah just as easily as ND did and Utah had a month to prepare and was not in shock from their TCU loss. Moreover, Utah had won 9 straight bowl games including two BCS ones. BSU again this year has a victory over a BCS AQ qualifier.

From everything I have seen, Boise State would hav ...[text shortened]... ast night's game would have been a complete slaughter but for Boise's uncharacteristic 4 TOs.
    If you say so. BSU would have been worse than a nervous wreck against either Oregon or Auburn. Four turnovers would have been converted into a total slaughter! Face it! They were overrated! I picked them to win last night only because of who they were playing. You have turned into a BSU apologist!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 23:37
    If you say so. BSU would have been worse than a nervous wreck against either Oregon or Auburn. Four turnovers would have been converted into a total slaughter! Face it! They were overrated! I picked them to win last night only because of who they were playing. You have turned into a BSU apologist!
    They weren't particulary nervous against Oregon last year or the year before, but the Ducks (aptly named) were a bit too nervous to put the Broncos on their 2011 schedule after losing twice in a row to Boise State.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 23:56
    They weren't particulary nervous against Oregon last year or the year before, but the Ducks (aptly named) were a bit too nervous to put the Broncos on their 2011 schedule after losing twice in a row to Boise State.
    Frankly, you're living in the past. Two years ago I might have agreed with you. This year not one bit. I knew they were overrated after the vaunted VT team they beat lost the Madison the folowing week. Smoke and mirrors. Then lost to Nevada. Then struggled with Utah. So there! Not especially scary. I am not a Duck fan so call them whatever you want.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 00:181 edit
    Frankly, you're living in the past. Two years ago I might have agreed with you. This year not one bit. I knew they were overrated after the vaunted VT team they beat lost the Madison the folowing week. Smoke and mirrors. Then lost to Nevada. Then struggled with Utah. So there! Not especially scary. I am not a Duck fan so call them whatever you want.
    Out of idle curiosity, how many Boise State games did you watch this year?

"Overrated" Virginia Tech has now won 11 in a row and has defeated three teams ranked in the Top 25 when they played them on the road or at a neutral site. Nevada beat Cal by 21 and Oregon nearly lost to the Golden Bears.

You're starting to sound more and more like QQ (which isn't a good thing).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree