1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 13:15
    Congratulations Jaguars, you completely shut down Randy Moss.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Congratulations Jaguars, you completely shut down Randy Moss.
    Congratulations Randy Moss, you kept the entire defense busy so the Pats could keep scoring.

or

Too bad there are 10 other guys on the Pats.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 15:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Congratulations Randy Moss, you kept the entire defense busy so the Pats could keep scoring.

or

Too bad there are 10 other guys on the Pats.
    I just read Dan Wetzel's column about what Jaguars safety Reggie Nelson said about Tom Brady after the game:

"He ain't all that...He's all right. It was a check down game," Nelson said, suggesting that most of Brady's completions were short and underneath the pass coverage. "Anybody can go 26-of-28 in a dump-down game."

I don't understand this current culture of irrational anti-bradyism. Clearly the mind-set of the Jags coaches and players wasn't just to take away the deep threat of Randy Moss; they thought that Brady was somehow incapable of patiently and consistently hitting open receivers on short routes. What does Brady have to do to finally get these trash-talking pinheads to shut up? Go 19-0? Oh wait, anyone can do that, right, Mr. Reggie Nelson?

(lol@greatriots btw)
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 16:07
    I just read Dan Wetzel's column about what Jaguars safety Reggie Nelson said about Tom Brady after the game:

"He ain't all that...He's all right. It was a check down game," Nelson said, suggesting that most of Brady's completions were short and underneath the pass coverage. "Anybody can go 26-of-28 in a dump-down game."

I don't understand th ...[text shortened]... o 19-0? Oh wait, anyone can do that, right, Mr. Reggie Nelson?

(lol@greatriots btw)
    i believe the gameplan was based on the idea that giving short completions are better than giving up long ones because it eats the clock and prevents the pats from getting the ball as many times as they'd like. personally i think that when you are playing an offense like that you gotta blitz and hope for the best because it is a desperate game to try to win so it calls for desperate measures. this is why i hope that if the cowboys make it far enough the 3-4 will pay off because it will disguise the blitz, i would blitz two every time but change where they are coming from
  5. USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 16:11
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i believe the gameplan was based on the idea that giving short completions are better than giving up long ones because it eats the clock and prevents the pats from getting the ball as many times as they'd like. personally i think that when you are playing an offense like that you gotta blitz and hope for the best because it is a desperate game to try t ...[text shortened]... it will disguise the blitz, i would blitz two every time but change where they are coming from
    Brady can easily stand up to a blitz and hit the open guy downfield, you'd just get burned everyplay if they were to blitz every play.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 18:35
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Brady can easily stand up to a blitz and hit the open guy downfield, you'd just get burned everyplay if they were to blitz every play.
    Whatever it takes to win. Bring on the Colts. Bring on a snowstorm.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 23:05
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Whatever it takes to win. Bring on the Colts. Bring on a snowstorm.
    Woops.....Bring on the Bolts!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 23:43

I don't understand th ...[text shortened]... o 19-0? Oh wait, anyone can do that, right, Mr. Reggie Nelson?

(lol@greatriots btw)
    They were talking on the radio some time ago about the old pats with all their screen passing.

You let a rusher average 4 yards a play, and everything tightens and changes on the other team as they adjust.

You let a pass game average 4 yards per play, and the defense doesn't think anything of it.

P-
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 23:44
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Woops.....Bring on the Bolts!
    Either team, Colts or Chargers would have been HURTING after that game. It's like the Pats got another bye week the way those two teams beat the snot out of each other!

P-
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 06:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Either team, Colts or Chargers would have been HURTING after that game. It's like the Pats got another bye week the way those two teams beat the snot out of each other!

P-
    Good point. Even though you cant guarantee a win, it this is a great example of having home field throughout the conference championship. You may have to play #2, or you may have to play #3, but not both!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree