1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 00:14
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-01-12-cowboys-vikings-preview_N.htm

here's how USA today breaks the game down, for those interested.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 02:591 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-01-12-cowboys-vikings-preview_N.htm

here's how USA today breaks the game down, for those interested.
    Pure conjecture. Obviously the Vikes are favored. They could not hadle the Bears, they are not going to handle the Cowboys. Plain and simple! Coulda ended the seasn 14-2, yet ended 12-4 with all their losses coming in the last eight weeks. Cowboys shoulda ended 7-9, end up 11-5 and are riding a 4 game winning streak. Try and stop a train! Here's yahoo sports's analysis:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs/divisional/dalmin;_ylt=AveTNhRIZSK6hmBqulmR__NDubYF
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 16:58
    cowboys by 10
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 17:321 edit
    Redemtion at last for the Pearson push off of Nate Wright in '75. I want this one BAD.

I know I went on about this in the other thread but that was a real lousy day. I hate Staubach and the Cowgirls (pass for Barber since he was a Gopher).
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 18:37
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Pure conjecture. Obviously the Vikes are favored. They could not hadle the Bears, they are not going to handle the Cowboys. Plain and simple! Coulda ended the seasn 14-2, yet ended 12-4 with all their losses coming in the last eight weeks. Cowboys shoulda ended 7-9, end up 11-5 and are riding a 4 game winning streak. Try and stop a train! Here's yahoo s ...[text shortened]... s:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs/divisional/dalmin;_ylt=AveTNhRIZSK6hmBqulmR__NDubYF
    A team that lost twice to the 2009 Giants ain't going far.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '10 20:15
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Redemtion at last for the Pearson push off of Nate Wright in '75. I want this one BAD.

I know I went on about this in the other thread but that was a real lousy day. I hate Staubach and the Cowgirls (pass for Barber since he was a Gopher).
    Let it go! That was almost 40 years ago. What are you, from the middle ages or somethin whereby grudge holding and vendetta was the name of the game. Staubach is a pillar of the community. If you must hate pick Drew Pearson. Incidental contact, BTW, and going for the ball. That never gets called interference. Greatest play in football histry in the pros and better then Flutie's
    with BC.
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 01:31
    Pure conjecture. Obviously the Vikes are favored. They could not hadle the Bears, they are not going to handle the Cowboys. Plain and simple! Coulda ended the seasn 14-2, yet ended 12-4 with all their losses coming in the last eight weeks. Cowboys shoulda ended 7-9, end up 11-5 and are riding a 4 game winning streak. Try and stop a train! Here's yahoo s ...[text shortened]... s:

You are all bristled up now. Pre-game nerves I suppose.
    The Vikes started playing quite well after the second half in Chicago, they have put up some great numbers in the last 6 quarters.
    Isn't losing to the G-Men twice, worse than losing a very close game in chicago?
    The cardinals game was a hurtin, but they were the last year NFC Champions, and they trompled GB.
    So as you might conclude, I don't consider those 2 losses, as a huge let down.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 04:45
    You are all bristled up now. Pre-game nerves I suppose.
    The Vikes started playing quite well after the second half in Chicago, they have put up some great numbers in the last 6 quarters.
    Isn't losing to the G-Men twice, worse than losing a very close game in chicago?
    The cardinals game was a hurtin, but they were the last year NFC Champions, and they trompled GB.
    So as you might conclude, I don't consider those 2 losses, as a huge let down.
    The two losses against the g-men were flukie losses. Cannot hold them against the Cowboys anymore than you could praise the Vikes for beating a listless, lost, floundering team devoid of energy or motivation. They always get up for the Cowboys and have had their number their last four-five encounters.
  9. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 17:281 edit
    The two losses against the g-men were flukie losses. Cannot hold them against the Cowboys anymore than you could praise the Vikes for beating a listless, lost, floundering team devoid of energy or motivation. They always get up for the Cowboys and have had their number their last four-five encounters.
    the debate will settle soon. You act like I am attacking you now?
    You and I have literally nothing to do with the outcome of any game. We sit and watch. To put a football game on such a high list of priority in ones life is silly.
    We are able to sit here this weekend and watch TV, because many people died to provide us this freedom. Never forget.
    It is a past time sport which provides entertainment, and no more.
    With that being said, flukie losses, are still put in the loss column. The Cowboys lost in GB, when GB was only playing so-so. Flozell could not contain the defensive pressure. Minn schooled Gb on football this year.
    All in all, I expect a good game, but the outcome does not dictate where my life heads tomorrow.
    Peace and perspective
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 20:41
    You and I have literally nothing to do with the outcome of any game. We sit and watch. To put a football game on such a high list of priority in ones life is silly.
    We are able to sit here this weekend and watch TV, because many people died to provide us this freedom. Never forget.
    It is ...[text shortened]... ood game, but the outcome does not dictate where my life heads tomorrow.
    Peace and perspective
    Many people died so I could watch the Cowgirls get their butts handed to them. Thank you, troops.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 21:33
    Well..what was all that about? Where the heck was the play calling coming from? Where were all the quick slants and other plays that would have nuetralized the hard rush by the Vickings? Oh my gosh..I can't believe the coaches lost that for the Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 23:26
    It is ...[text shortened]... ood game, but the outcome does not dictate where my life heads tomorrow.
    Peace and perspective
    You mistake spirited debate for attack? Please do not be so thin skinned. I am fully aware of where our liberties emanate and am nothing but grateful to those whose blood was shed that we may have such spirited debate without coming to blows. I have actually really enjoyed our back and forth. That you so frimly believe in being thankful for such liberties speaks volumes about your character and goodness!

Footnote: Congrats to the Vikes! What a sound spanking that was. Cowboys had their chances, but the Vikings took control on defense. Farvre was nothing short of masterful! I hope Farvre does well next week. I have no dog in the NFC final, but always tend to support the team eliminating my boys!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '10 23:391 edit
    You mistake spirited debate for attack? Please do not be so thin skinned. I am fully aware of where our liberties emanate and am nothing but grateful to those whose blood was shed that we may have such spirited debate without coming to blows. I have actually really enjoyed our back and forth. That you so frimly believe in being thankful for such liberti ...[text shortened]... t week. I have no dog in the NFC final, but always tend to support the team eliminating my boys!
    i watched the highlights, Romo seemed to be constantly under pressure, it was quite unusual. i do not fully understand the reasons, but it seemed that he could not get space to create some plays.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:001 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i watched the highlights, Romo seemed to be constantly under pressure, it was quite unusual. i do not fully understand the reasons, but it seemed that he could not get space to create some plays.
    Sound spanking is what it was. Romo unable to find space because he was harried all game long and was unable to make his own space. Play calling questionable as well. Runs up the middle were working then they decide to go to the outside and every time they tried this they were stopped! Losing Flozzel Adams did not help either since they were then unable to stop Jared Allen. I would have moved Colombo to left tackle based on experience!
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 00:09
    You mistake spirited debate for attack? Please do not be so thin skinned. I am fully aware of where our liberties emanate and am nothing but grateful to those whose blood was shed that we may have such spirited debate without coming to blows. I have actually really enjoyed our back and forth. That you so frimly believe in being thankful for such liberti ...[text shortened]... t week. I have no dog in the NFC final, but always tend to support the team eliminating my boys!
    My friend, I am sorry I came across that way. It just didn't make sense to compare past games. I know you love sports and the Cowboys.
    I am very partial to the State of texas, and what it means to our great country.
    I stood in front of the Alamo, and just slipped years in to the past.
    At a time where our country seems to take such abuse by other nations, I am thin skinned, but not at all toward you. I was reading the book about Pat Tillman, and it just affected me at the time of that writing.
    Good luck with your Team next year, they will put another run together!
    :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree