Cricket news

SubscriberFMF
Sports 14 Mar '12 03:24
  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    14 Mar '12 03:24
    Netherlands 135/6 (20/20 ov);
    Canada 93 (16.4/20 ov)
    Netherlands won by 42 runs

    There was some doubt about Rizwan Cheema's (Canada) LBW decision in his dismissal for 0. He averages 24.37 in ODIs so a typical knock from him might have reduced the margin of Netherlands' victory to 18, although it's just speculation.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    15 Mar '12 09:07
    New Zealand lost five wickets in the space of 20 balls without the addition of a run in the 2nd test against the Proteas.
    Apparently this has happened twice before and both times to the kiwis...
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6875
    15 Mar '12 13:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Netherlands 135/6 (20/20 ov);
    Canada 93 (16.4/20 ov)
    Netherlands won by 42 runs

    There was some doubt about Rizwan Cheema's (Canada) LBW decision in his dismissal for 0. He averages 24.37 in ODIs so a typical knock from him might have reduced the margin of Netherlands' victory to 18, although it's just speculation.
    I'd be amazed, but then, we've already beaten the Limeys once in the small forms of the game, and drawn them once, too. Both, I believe, in World Cups. The Dutch cricket team will never be a Test team, but you can't fault them for trying their best and providing value for money.

    Richard
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    23 Mar '12 19:33
    Aussie fans must be pretty worried about the state of the ODI squad seeing these games against the Windies.

    Looking like they will lose this game, after they could easily have been down 3-0 to a Windies side without Chris Gayle there.

    Are alarm bells sounding?
    I know Clarke is not playing and where is Bollinger etc.? Watson is only now returning from injury?
  5. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    18580
    09 Apr '12 04:21
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Aussie fans must be pretty worried about the state of the ODI squad seeing these games against the Windies.

    Looking like they will lose this game, after they could easily have been down 3-0 to a Windies side without Chris Gayle there.

    Are alarm bells sounding?
    I know Clarke is not playing and where is Bollinger etc.? Watson is only now returning from injury?
    England remain No1 test cricket side in the Known universe and the batsmen even helped out a bit this time. 'honors even' against Sri Lanka in their own backyard.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    09 Apr '12 05:18
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    England remain No1 test cricket side in the Known universe
    Don't worry dude, the South Africans will change that in August.
  7. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    18580
    11 Apr '12 07:11
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Don't worry dude, the South Africans will change that in August.
    Dont fancy your chances at the Oval then?
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    11 Apr '12 09:11
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Dont fancy your chances at the Oval then?
    Eh? We can play it in a park, doesn't matter.
    The only people who can stop the South Africans, are the South Africans in the English team. If they perform well, the English may have a chance.

    I thought we had to win the series to go to no.1?
  9. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    18580
    11 Apr '12 09:41
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Eh? We can play it in a park, doesn't matter.
    The only people who can stop the South Africans, are the South Africans in the English team. If they perform well, the English may have a chance.

    I thought we had to win the series to go to no.1?
    So how many south Africans in the bowling line up that are going to smash S.As top order. The South Africans in either team playing well is always a big IF.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6875
    11 Apr '12 10:20
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The only people who can stop the South Africans, are the South Africans in the English team.
    And Ryan ten Doeschate 😛

    Richard
Back to Top