Cricket quotes

Cricket quotes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
17 Aug 09

Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of being sooner ended.
George Bernard Shaw

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
17 Aug 09

Cricket is basically baseball on valium.

Robin Williams

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
17 Aug 09

"Cricket could learn a lot from baseball. There is more snap and dash to baseball"

Don Bradman (the greatest cricketeer of all time)

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
17 Aug 09

Baseball was invented so that people of lesser intelligence and short attention spans can also enjoy a game of cricket.

Crowley, 2003

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by Crowley
Baseball was invented so that people of lesser intelligence and short attention spans can also enjoy a game of cricket.

Crowley, 2003
Nice Crowley! My opinion of you has just gone up a couple of notches. And thats not just cause I'm a cricket fan. I like origonality in a quote. Cheers🙂

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
19 Aug 09

If baseball is so great, why was it removed as an Olympic sport?

Moves
19 Aug 09

If baseball is so great, why was it removed as an Olympic sport?
because the olympics are played when mlb is coming into its final month before the playoff, no team will release their stars to compete so what you get is an average amateur cuba side winning gold with no one watching. plus they have the world baseball classic now ever few years just before the season starts when all the top players do turn up. this is much better than baseball in the olympics imo. i know they just tried to get back into it again but golf (were the top players will show up) and rugby seven (which lets face it is one of the most entertaining sports to watch) deserved their spot.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
19 Aug 09

Originally posted by trev33
because the olympics are played when mlb is coming into its final month before the playoff, no team will release their stars to compete so what you get is an average amateur cuba side winning gold with no one watching. plus they have the world baseball classic now ever few years just before the season starts when all the top players do turn up. this is much ...[text shortened]... seven (which lets face it is one of the most entertaining sports to watch) deserved their spot.
Top players not going to the Olympics? They deserved to be thrown out then.

See my thread about New Olympic sports for my feelings on golf getting in...

Moves
19 Aug 09

Top players not going to the Olympics? They deserved to be thrown out then.
exactly. if you're any sort of a baseball player you play in the states, those players aren't released by their clubs so baseball in the olympics is going to lose money, ergo i can't blame the ioc for not wanting it in the games.

q

Moves
19 Aug 09

I can't blame players and sports which have real followings (like major league baseball) not willing to send their players to the Olympics. The Olympics won't (nor do they have to) schedule to accomodate major league baseball, but major league baseball should not have to do the same.

Baseball has a set schedule and fans including myself who don't want to ruin their schedule for Olympics. People who buy season tickets or pay for TV access actually want to see games; not have players playing in some foreign country at 3AM for some stupid metal. Furthermore, the Olympic team will overuse/ underuse different players making them not ready when they come back.
Finally, the "olympic pride" of seeing your country beat another country is zenophobic. I root for a team which has players from all countries.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
19 Aug 09

Originally posted by quackquack
I can't blame players and sports which have real followings (like major league baseball) not willing to send their players to the Olympics. The Olympics won't (nor do they have to) schedule to accomodate major league baseball, but major league baseball should not have to do the same.

Baseball has a set schedule and fans including myself who don't want ...[text shortened]... eat another country is zenophobic. I root for a team which has players from all countries.
Like I said, baseball deserved to be thrown out.
Boring game with players and clubs who only think of money.

Good riddance!

q

Moves
19 Aug 09

Good riddance!
Actually it is baseball that has no interest in being in the Olympics. MLB shows that it is popular in many parts of the world and certainly does not need a stupid tournament every 4 years interfering with its established schedule.
If you can't make it on your own (cricket), I guess you can rally around the false national pride Olympic ideals, sell your soul to the IOC and get the fleeting publicity.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Aug 09

Originally posted by quackquack
Actually it is baseball that has no interest in being in the Olympics. MLB shows that it is popular in many parts of the world and certainly does not need a stupid tournament every 4 years interfering with its established schedule.
If you can't make it on your own (cricket), I guess you can rally around the false national pride Olympic ideals, sell your soul to the IOC and get the fleeting publicity.

Good riddance!

BTW, cricket is played by MANY more and supported by MANY more people than baseball could ever hope.

DS

Moves
22 Aug 09
1 edit

What I've always wondered is why baseball players play in their pyjamas?

D

Moves
22 Aug 09

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
What I've always wondered is why baseball players play in their pyjamas?
And then there's the funny caps. They'll never catch on ...