2. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 09:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Not there yet, hopefully this will be the year *century* 🙂
    Kelly
    Cubs took the NL Central last night in dramatic fashion.. I would've thought you'd mention that.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 15:05
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Cubs took the NL Central last night in dramatic fashion.. I would've thought you'd mention that.
    Not the prize they are playing for.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 15:51
    Kelly
    CUBS

Can
    U
    Beat
    Someone?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:141 edit
    Kelly
    I am rooting for ya!!

Actually, I think it would be great to see Sweet Lou's old team play him in the World Series.

Edit: Is that fan who caught the foul ball that kept the Cubs from going to a World Series earlier still in the witness protection program? I think about him from time to time. I have to admit, it is pretty funny even though that one event turned that poor guys life forever. In fact, it is kinda like a Sienfeld episode. I can just picture George or Crammer leaning over to make the catch.
  6. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 02:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am rooting for ya!!

Actually, I think it would be great to see Sweet Lou's old team play him in the World Series.

Edit: Is that fan who caught the foul ball that kept the Cubs from going to a World Series earlier still in the witness protection program? I think about him from time to time. I have to admit, it is pretty funny even though that one ev ...[text shortened]... like a Sienfeld episode. I can just picture George or Crammer leaning over to make the catch.
    Bartman is still in the Chicago area, living a quiet life. He doesn't go to Wrigley anymore, and that's a shame, because he's always been a die-hard Cubs fan.

Section 4, Row 8, Seat 113: the Bartman Seat.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 03:35
    [b]

b]
    You will have to be more specific here. I am assuming you mean the Rays and not the Yankees (although I know the Yankees must win because No1 Marauder said they would). 😉
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 03:45
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Bartman is still in the Chicago area, living a quiet life. He doesn't go to Wrigley anymore, and that's a shame, because he's always been a die-hard Cubs fan.

Curse that seat! JK LOL Poor Bartman I actually heard that Florida payed him handsomely and that he was gonna live in Florida the rest of his life.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 17:39
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat

Hell, the Cubs blame guys who catch foul balls, goats in the stadium, the ex-cub factor. Harry Caray and Jack Brickhouse together couldn't get it done. Milo Hamilton couldn't, Steve Stone couldn't. Mark Grace had to leave to get a ring. They should change their name to the "Sphincters" instead of the Cubs. I really don't think the Cubs are that good, I think they are just afraid of Lou and what he will do when they choke it off.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 01:01
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You will have to be more specific here. I am assuming you mean the Rays and not the Yankees (although I know the Yankees must win because No1 Marauder said they would). 😉
    Yes, of course, I meant the Rays. I would NEVER root for a Yankees team under any circumstances whatsoever!!! 😠
  11. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 02:19
    You know, Robert Zemeckis had it all wrong in his 'prediction'. Then again, he may be right.

You remember. "Back to the Future: Part II". Marty goes to the future and the Cubs won the WS as advertised on the flashing holograph billboard. Some guy in the background mutters, "Who would have thought they could win it?"

Of course, that wasn't 2008 (it was 2015), and it was against Florida, not Tampa. So, if his 'prediction' comes true the Cubs won't win the WS for another seven years. (and the Marlins change team colors and move the the AL.)

Actually I would like to see the Cubs win. They've always been my second favorite team.

np
  12. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 02:16
    It's certainly been a great ride, i hope we can cap it off with the ultimate prize. This is certainly the best cubs team i've ever seen, even better than the 03 team. Every batter in the lineup is a threat to hurt you and when Big Z's pitching that's just icing on the cake.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 04:56
    Originally posted by DaBearsFan08
    It's certainly been a great ride, i hope we can cap it off with the ultimate prize. This is certainly the best cubs team i've ever seen, even better than the 03 team. Every batter in the lineup is a threat to hurt you and when Big Z's pitching that's just icing on the cake.
    Yes, but what of Bartman? In fact, what of the future Bartman's out there? Put all the great teams on the field that you want, you will still have to deal with "the Bartman effect".

So is it a curse or a myth?
  14. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 06:30
    Yes, but what of Bartman? In fact, what of the future Bartman's out there? Put all the great teams on the field that you want, you will still have to deal with "the Bartman effect".

It's a conspiracy theory!
  15. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 21:15

When the Cubs win the world series, I want one of the players to run with the ball to the Bartman Seat where he gives it to the fan sitting there, and the fan stands up, rips off his fake mustache and beard, and it is Bartman himself! Vindication for everyone!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree