1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 16:40
    Does anyone really think that the lowly Boston Red Sox have a ghost of a chance against the mighty Detroit Tigers juggernaut? I think that when the Red Sox are down 3-0 they'll just forfeit the last game rather than suffer the humiliation of another crushing defeat.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Does anyone really think that the lowly Boston Red Sox have a ghost of a chance against the mighty Detroit Tigers juggernaut? I think that when the Red Sox are down 3-0 they'll just forfeit the last game rather than suffer the humiliation of another crushing defeat.
    Sox don't swing at bad pitches. All your "aces" will have 100 pitch counts before they can see the fifth, then that about wraps it up. Plus your prime slugger has paralysis below the waist at the moment, I like our chances. Juggernaut? Never heard of it. Heard of Red Sox Nation, never Detroit Tiger Nation.....I say 6 games, then its lights out for the Tigers. That's lights out meaning series over, I wasnt talking about your street lights, theyre already out.🙂
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 04:09
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Sox don't swing at bad pitches. All your "aces" will have 100 pitch counts before they can see the fifth, then that about wraps it up. Plus your prime slugger has paralysis below the waist at the moment, I like our chances. Juggernaut? Never heard of it. Heard of Red Sox Nation, never Detroit Tiger Nation.....I say 6 games, then its lights out for the Tigers ...[text shortened]... lights out meaning series over, I wasnt talking about your street lights, theyre already out.🙂
    A one hitter. Scherzer and Verlander coming up. This one is over.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 03:46
    Now it is a best of 5
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 04:00
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Now it is a best of 5
    :p
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 12:37
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Now it is a best of 5
    That's OK. We'll let them have one. We'll just clinch on Thursday instead of Wednesday.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 13:12
    That's OK. We'll let them have one. We'll just clinch on Thursday instead of Wednesday.
    Uh uh. You said sweep. 3-0 and we dont play the last game remember? I said Sox in 6. I'm still in the running. YOU, are up against the best team in MLB for extracting 115 pitches from a starter, then its time to send in the clowns for the coup de gras......and the streetlights are still out.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 15:18
    Uh uh. You said sweep. 3-0 and we dont play the last game remember? I said Sox in 6. I'm still in the running. YOU, are up against the best team in MLB for extracting 115 pitches from a starter, then its time to send in the clowns for the coup de gras......and the streetlights are still out.
    Those are mere details. The only thing that really matters is that Detroit will win in the end. I will personally be in attendance tomorrow to make sure there is not another late inning mishap.
  9. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 16:49
    Not a fan of either team but that was a great game last night!
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 05:30
    Those are mere details. The only thing that really matters is that Detroit will win in the end. I will personally be in attendance tomorrow to make sure there is not another late inning mishap.
    It won't help. Big Popi is hitting. Detroit Pussycats will be neutered.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 15:26
    Originally posted by caissad4
    It won't help. Big Popi is hitting. Detroit Pussycats will be neutered.
    Thumbs up for style points
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 00:14
    Yup. A one hitter. Pitch # 100 to be exact. Losin 1-0 hurts like hell, dont it? Dont suppose you were the lucky fan to catch Napolis blast?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 01:44
    Yup. A one hitter. Pitch # 100 to be exact. Losin 1-0 hurts like hell, dont it? Dont suppose you were the lucky fan to catch Napolis blast?
    It landed in the bullpen.

If we can't beat a cretin like Lackey then things may not turn out quite as planned. Still plenty of baseball left. No worries. Fister shall triumph tomorrow in glorious fashion. I'm sure of it.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 02:45

If we can't beat a cretin like Lackey then things may not turn out quite as planned. Still plenty of baseball left. No worries. Fister shall triumph tomorrow in glorious fashion. I'm sure of it.
    LOL I gotta give ya a thumbs up for layin it all on the line!
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 14:21

In truth, either Fister gets it done, or Detroit gets fisted!!

Just saying!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree